Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

4 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Side lanes not ideal for sprint...

No more milo...?😁

Good lanes are reserved for those with good timings i think.

3 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Yep. You can have a GCB, a RR Phantom, a watchbox full of Nautilus and 20m in bank account, but nothing beats that feeling on top of the Olympic podium with Phelps next to you while singing Majulah Singapura. He beat Phelps at his pet stroke FFS!

Are you being sarcastic or for real?

I don't know of anyone who would choose to give up any of that for an olympic gold unless they are already filthy rich

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cannot la, now many new young guys doing well and fast 

don’t worry schooling will sweep all gold in SEA games🤗🙏💪

In 2019 SEA games, JS took part in 3 individual events, and only won 1 gold hor.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

My friend said his ns exemption should be revoked. Come back and serve. 

I think it was stated right from the beginning that his ns exemption is given until end of Olympic this year.  What ever the outcome,  he needs to come back and serve liao, even if he wins another gold....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Tohto said:

I am surprised so many still think JS can make it.

After the last Olympics, he had never been performing well. Only busy doing advertisement only.

Yah,  didn't even do well in SEA games 2019, but it's quite hard for him also.  His focus may have shifted,  but at least he live his dream at least once.  

And he did his part,  he showed all the younger athletes that it is possible,  and planted hope!!!  [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 7

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I don’t think he has pass his prime.

Rather, he has not been competing regularly.

Unlike when he studied in US.

There he was training full time,  studying part time.  Here he is working full time,  training part time..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think training partners play a big part also, which maybe lacking here....  

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I wish him well but I doubt he can win another Olympic medal at 30. This is not about training harder. 100m butterfly is a brute force event that requires perfect technique and a great stamina. WR for this event will get lower and I doubt he can even beat his PB at that age. Look at this heats, the best swimmers are all within his 2016 OR and they are not even at Semi yet. The WR will be broken at this rate. It is a big ask for a 30-year-old to beat his own record set when he was 22. Also, he doesn't have the height of his competitors and those tallest swimmers have very big hands to help them propel. He won 2016 by his sheer power. I do hope I'm wrong though and wish he wins another one for Singapore. 

Totally agree. 

The heat Caeleb swam, almost everyone swam close to JS Olympic record. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I think it was stated right from the beginning that his ns exemption is given until end of Olympic this year.  What ever the outcome,  he needs to come back and serve liao, even if he wins another gold....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Good.

Great opportunity in the army to slim and tone up for asia game.

Lesser commercial assignment as well.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged

Recent days one authoritative figure said 'We cannot be fairweather about this' urges S'poreans to support athletes win or lose. Do you see our Ministers or President coming out to take picture with him to console him.

How to be have the kind of society we set out to achieve?

Do we mean the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position winning work harder in their training then those who did not win?

Those who are capable can already do well on their own but those who can't needs all the help they can get. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the social gap is widening. 

Unfortunately, this is reality? Even Bhutan is changing because the Happiness Index can work for awhile if live in isolation or minimal contact with other societies. 

Take this opportunity to teach your kids about sportsmanship and sports is not just about winning but also to win and lose graciously.

ST has a special promotion until 31 July 2021. Grab yours today.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Good.

Great opportunity in the army to slim and tone up for asia game.

Lesser commercial assignment as well.

I think he boh chance for Asian games next year. 

He is into 26 already,  and overdue for his NS obligation ( before 26) . The original plan was for him to enlist last year after the games. But now by the time he finish BMT will be year end or early next year liao.  

Asian games together with Commonwealth games and SEA games are all pack into a 6 months window next year,  almost no time for him to prepare.  

Anyway,  with his current conditions,  even SEA games at best come back 3rd place,  how to even think of Asian games... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Recent days one authoritative figure said 'We cannot be fairweather about this' urges S'poreans to support athletes win or lose. Do you see our Ministers or President coming out to take picture with him to console him.

Do we mean the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position winning work harder in their training then those who did not win?

Those who are capable can already do well on their own but those who can't needs all the help they can get. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the social gap is widening. 

Unfortunately, this is reality? Even Bhutan is changing because the Happiness Index can work for awhile if live in isolation or minimal contact with other societies. 

Take this opportunity to teach your kids about sportsmanship and sports is not just about winning but also to win and lose graciously.

Can use Grab points? 

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

My friend said his ns exemption should be revoked. Come back and serve. 

suddenly plenty of tiktok meme .... JS please report to NS ... immediately ... pronto! [laugh] 

2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think he boh chance for Asian games next year. 

He is into 26 already,  and overdue for his NS obligation ( before 26) . The original plan was for him to enlist last year after the games. But now by the time he finish BMT will be year end or early next year liao.  

Asian games together with Commonwealth games and SEA games are all pack into a 6 months window next year,  almost no time for him to prepare.  

Anyway,  with his current conditions,  even SEA games at best come back 3rd place,  how to even think of Asian games... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

NS for 2 years then no more chance Asian or Paris Olympic in 2024.

Not putting JS down.. But its really tough to do better in physically in late 20s compare to early 20s....for anyone for that matter. 

The only thing he can train and improve during NS likely is 2.4km run. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

NS for 2 years then no more chance Asian or Paris Olympic in 2024.

Not putting JS down.. But its really tough to do better in physically in late 20s compare to early 20s....for anyone for that matter. 

The only thing he can train and improve during NS likely is 2.4km run. 

next olympic is 2024 ... another 3 years only ... 

if exempt again ... serve NS at 30?

local NS recruit must be damn dulan ... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

16 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

i sense imposter account cos such a credible and sensible post NEVER came from you

i'm gonna ban you, whoever you are...you kidnapped the original  @ash2017

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5