Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

3 hours ago, Karoon said:

Haha... yup.... tried half a lap and ended up swallowing and pee a bit at the same time 😂

Power! For me...not matter how hard I tried still at the 1.2M mark😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/sailing/results-49er-fx-women-prel-001100-.htm

Good effort from the girls...they did well in yesterday races too👏

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/sailing/results-laser-men-prel-001000-.htm

Good fight from Ryan Loh as well 💪

That's the fighting spirit...medal is just an icing...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/sailing/results-49er-fx-women-prel-001100-.htm

Good effort from the girls...they did well in yesterday races too👏

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/sailing/results-laser-men-prel-001000-.htm

Good fight from Ryan Loh as well 💪

That's the fighting spirit...medal is just an icing...

There are 10 to 12 races to complete. Then the last medal race for the top 10 to qualify. Ryan Lo Laser overall ranking is 21 out of 35. participants. Kimberly and Cecilia 49er FX overall ranking is 9th out of 21. Amanda RSX windsurfing is overall 2nd last position. Can hardly smell any medal although Ryan did good come in at 2nd on one of the race and Kimberly/Cecilia coming 1st in one of the race. 

Sailing need consistency in every 12 races to win the overall competition, not base on 1 single race.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

47 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

There are 10 to 12 races to complete. Then the last medal race for the top 10 to qualify. Ryan Lo Laser overall ranking is 21 out of 35. participants. Kimberly and Cecilia 49er FX overall ranking is 9th out of 21. Amanda RSX windsurfing is overall 2nd last position. Can hardly smell any medal although Ryan did good come in at 2nd on one of the race and Kimberly/Cecilia coming 1st in one of the race. 

Sailing need consistency in every 12 races to win the overall competition, not base on 1 single race.

Bro, I think the SGP 49er FX team, did qualify for the final medal race coming up on Monday.

Great job really......i noticed that the duo did very well when wind is slow, but will struggle when wind is strong. The first few races had very strong winds, and the duo didn't finish so well in those races. 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Starry said:

Bro, I think the SGP 49er FX team, did qualify for the final medal race coming up on Monday.

Great job really......i noticed that the duo did very well when wind is slow, but will struggle when wind is strong. The first few races had very strong winds, and the duo didn't finish so well in those races. 

Not used to strong wind...hope ah Heng would include wind turbine farm in his EC plan...😁

• Haha! 1

I tink I heard it somewhere that Amanda just came back from her injury recently to compete in the widnsurfing...

good strong wind is a delight for surfer but I believe it's just to much for her to handle given her recent recovery. She fared well in some European events prior to the Olympics it seemed...

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

a significant Gold for Taiwan to defeat China in Badminton ... [thumbsup] 

2021-07-31_210856.jpg

Knowing PRC's troll army of netizens, two things can happen. Either the taiwanese pair, or the PRC pair, will bear the brunt of their online abuse.

Good show for taiwan. Took note of their earlier gold medal from their goddess of weightlifting, Kuo Hsing-Chun. But no PRC lifter competing in her category. She has a little connection to SG, being that she was first noticed during the 2010 youth olympics, right here.

41 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Knowing PRC's troll army of netizens, two things can happen. Either the taiwanese pair, or the PRC pair, will bear the brunt of their online abuse.

Good show for taiwan. Took note of their earlier gold medal from their goddess of weightlifting, Kuo Hsing-Chun. But no PRC lifter competing in her category. She has a little connection to SG, being that she was first noticed during the 2010 youth olympics, right here.

taiwan ... respect

2 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze ... total 7 medals so far [thumbsup] 

already another silver is secured for women's single badminton ... 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

a significant Gold for Taiwan to defeat China in Badminton ... [thumbsup] 

2021-07-31_210856.jpg

Impressive thing is that they beat the China pair in straight games using only 34 minutes.

They also beat the Indon pair  in straight games during semis.

And this tawian pair was formed only in 2019. 

Unbelievable.

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Freeder said:

The M'sia Badminton pair (Male) also very good..

Great future ahead of them..

MY male badminton players that made an impression in Tokyo 2020 were LZJ, and Aaron & Soh.

ladies so so nia. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

taiwan ... respect

2 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze ... total 7 medals so far [thumbsup] 

already another silver is secured for women's single badminton ... 

Those countries/territories that control covid well all doing quite well at this olympics up to this point compared to their previous achievements. I'm referring to Australia, NZ, HK and TW.

Any reasons to this?

Tokyo Olympic organizing committee reminds athletes 'medals are not edible!'

Members of the Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympics and Paralympics Games have asked athletes to stop biting their medals in front of the camera.

https://news.yahoo.com/tokyo-olympic-organizing-committee-reminds-230500403.html

wonder who started this, after that all MSMD. [:p]

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Blueray said:

Tokyo Olympic organizing committee reminds athletes 'medals are not edible!'

https://news.yahoo.com/tokyo-olympic-organizing-committee-reminds-230500403.html

wonder who started this, after that all MSMD. [:p]

I thought they are required to wear back their mask to take the group podium photo.......how to bite like that?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1