Fancy Buying A Cluster of Tanks That's Can't Perform ???

Picnic06-Biante15

Yahoo news

From The Independent :  Army’s new £3.5bn tank fleet ‘can’t travel faster than 20mph safely’

The army was forced to pause trials of its new £3.47bn fleet of tanks over design issues, which reportedly left them unable to travel safely faster than 20 miles per hour.

Problems with the new Ajax armoured fighting vehicles - which are supposed reach speeds of 40mph - also include not being able to fire cannons on the move, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The paper cited a government report saying the speed restrictions had been caused by excessive vibrations in the tanks and that crews were limited to 90 minutes inside them at a time.

The report, due to be published next month, says the tanks cannot reverse over obstacles more than 20 centimetres high, that personnel must wear noise-cancelling headphones when operating them and undergo ear tests afterwards, and that the Household Cavalry Regiment "cannot conduct effective collective training" in them.

More read : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/army-3-5bn-tank-fleet-082839651.html

:slow::slow:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

Just now, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo news

From The Independent :  Army’s new £3.5bn tank fleet ‘can’t travel faster than 20mph safely’

The army was forced to pause trials of its new £3.47bn fleet of tanks over design issues, which reportedly left them unable to travel safely faster than 20 miles per hour.

Problems with the new Ajax armoured fighting vehicles - which are supposed reach speeds of 40mph - also include not being able to fire cannons on the move, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The paper cited a government report saying the speed restrictions had been caused by excessive vibrations in the tanks and that crews were limited to 90 minutes inside them at a time.

The report, due to be published next month, says the tanks cannot reverse over obstacles more than 20 centimetres high, that personnel must wear noise-cancelling headphones when operating them and undergo ear tests afterwards, and that the Household Cavalry Regiment "cannot conduct effective collective training" in them.

cannot reuse methods that worked in the past blindly

181F5D2B-3EFE-4F98-B13C-429D29C77772.png

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo news

Lots of Pork Barrel politics involved in defence contracts. Also the fact u can only sell to one buyer restricts innovation and also competence lol

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Thought only our neighbour's who brought Sub that cannot dives ...  [lipsrsealed]

UK brought tanks that's cannot fire cannon on the move ?? :wut:

UK?? or SG? i thought ours at first . 😅

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Blueray said:

< 20mph ?

good for defending silver zone. :XD:

Maybe reserve for retired tankees ....  [sly]

Reaction a bit slow lor so slower tanks  ....  :secret-laugh:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo news

Russian new generation of tanks the best.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo news

Should ask S.T. Technogies built for them..

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 6/4/2021 at 8:41 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Thought only our neighbour's who brought Sub that cannot dives ...  [lipsrsealed]

POFMA you then you know.

Its not cannot dive, its just cannot come up.

It can dive very well.

But just once.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 6/4/2021 at 8:41 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

They have shortage of steel. So it is a good buy when they recycle. Haha

• Haha! 1

On 6/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, Blueray said:

< 20mph ?

good for defending silver zone. :XD:

20mph....slightly slower than I can cycle 🚴🤣

• Haha! 2

On 6/4/2021 at 8:38 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo news

Sounds like description of cars made in UK. 😅😅

• Haha! 1

Twincharged

Even as an ex-General I am not sure of what is happening?

Trust me, I am not acting blur even though I am in the media business now.

We have billions of dollars of top of the range assets in far away land, as far as America, which far out number what we have in Singapore. 

Touchwood, if anything should happen that we need them to defend ourselves, our enemy is not going to hold their firing trigger until we get our assets back home. Furthermore, most of these assets cannot travel on their own to reach us. Eg F35 needs major overhaul after a few hours of flight. We sold our seafaring national transportation then we got to depend on 3rd party shippers. 

Perhaps I have lost touch, apart from training purposes eg in Taiwan, Australia and USA, any idea why billions of strategy assets are based far away or how are we going to utilize them in an emergency? Forget about that our island has a small area, are there any reasons?

My kakis, many have left the military so I am not sure if I can pull rank still to squeeze information out of the current batch. Hence, need your expect strategic opinions.

• Haha! 2

There are so many AFVs on the market, why need design from scratch. And made by General Dynamics of US.

I mean.. vibration and height clerance issues from the homeground of Rolls Royce and Landrover ??

3 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

Even as an ex-General I am not sure of what is happening?

Trust me, I am not acting blur even though I am in the media business now.

We have billions of dollars of top of the range assets in far away land, as far as America, which far out number what we have in Singapore. 

Touchwood, if anything should happen that we need them to defend ourselves, our enemy is not going to hold their firing trigger until we get our assets back home. Furthermore, most of these assets cannot travel on their own to reach us. Eg F35 needs major overhaul after a few hours of flight. We sold our seafaring national transportation then we got to depend on 3rd party shippers. 

Perhaps I have lost touch, apart from training purposes eg in Taiwan, Australia and USA, any idea why billions of strategy assets are based far away or how are we going to utilize them in an emergency? Forget about that our island has a small area, are there any reasons?

My kakis, many have left the military so I am not sure if I can pull rank still to squeeze information out of the current batch. Hence, need your expect strategic opinions.

siao bo? spend so much money and these expensive hardware keep in sg? before get to use it already bombed because all park in some huge parking lot.

of cos keep overseas where it is safe and far away.

even if want to bring back also who want to bring back for us? you think the shipping line want to risk their ship get sunk?

we buy us hardware so that us happy we pay protection money. they have base here.. ahem i mean can use our base here and have spies here. before tension can rise too much big brother already koff koff to signal displeasure.

before we really fight we already see where the enemy assets are and prepare for strike. (not sure how good our MK2 eyeballs are) 

🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

siao bo? spend so much money and these expensive hardware keep in sg? before get to use it already bombed because all park in some huge parking lot.

of cos keep overseas where it is safe and far away.

even if want to bring back also who want to bring back for us? you think the shipping line want to risk their ship get sunk?

we buy us hardware so that us happy we pay protection money. they have base here.. ahem i mean can use our base here and have spies here. before tension can rise too much big brother already koff koff to signal displeasure.

before we really fight we already see where the enemy assets are and prepare for strike. (not sure how good our MK2 eyeballs are) 

🤣

alot of those equipment is no suitable to use or train locally.

like the 155 mm gun, range is 10km++ . we got no space to train or use them at all. 

the main gun range from the leopard tank also a few km. 

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

alot of those equipment is no suitable to use or train locally.

like the 155 mm gun, range is 10km++ . we got no space to train or use them at all. 

the main gun range from the leopard tank also a few km. 

yea. now a days i feel arti guns like not much use on the battlefield.

the latest developments is more precision shells, GPS guided. extra range. 40km? adds costs to a normal shell.

many wars conducted without this constant area shelling. more about fire and maneuver. so air lifting arti to soften up objectives from 40km is so vietnam war. even korean war much more fast paced.

↡ Advertisement