Car Insurance companies must offer more discount

Vinil

Dear all don't you think Singapore Car insurance companies need to offer more discounts for cars with additional safety features  .

people  are paying top dollars for the extra features and it really reduces the possible risk on the road.

Do you think it is fair for those paying the extra dollars,  pay the same insurance premium as those don't have those extra safety features ??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Vinil said:

Dear all don't you think Singapore Car insurance companies need to offer more discounts for cars with additional safety features  .

people  are paying top dollars for the extra features and it really reduces the possible risk on the road.

Do you think it is fair for those paying the extra dollars,  pay the same insurance premium as those don't have those extra safety features ??

Sure more discount mean higher premium. You alright with it?

Edited by Kopites

maybe there is no data to show that certain feature(s) do lead to fewer accidents.

so for now, discount is still based on NCD and safe driving record.

Singapore has too many insurers for 500k private vehicles.

Motor insurance Premium is sensitive to claims incurred.

Other than top 5, none of them achieve economies of scale.

There are not enough car or data to support these vehicles mentioned.

20 minutes ago, Blueray said:

maybe there is no data to show that certain feature(s) do lead to fewer accidents.

so for now, discount is still based on NCD and safe driving record.

I have loyalty discount 

😜

Please don't give them ideas, they will end up charging more for those who don't have all these extra features. Relatively speaking, ur safer car will comparatively pay less then. Where got hear them make u pay less one 

• Praise 1

More safety features makes drivers more complacent and whilst these features do protect lives and injuries, they don't stop cars being written-off.

With all the tech, and features, write-offs are easier for insurance companies to justify because they are just too expensive to fix what with costs for 12-airbags+, cameras, sensors, wiring, LIDAR etc.

@Kopites 

most of the western countries cars with more safety features pays less premium compared to those with less safety features. 

(edited)

Safety features are to save your life, NOT TO SAVE YOU MONEY! want to save money? consider bus mrt walk...

Edited by Ahwhye
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Vinil said:

@Kopites 

most of the western countries cars with more safety features pays less premium compared to those with less safety features. 

That's because:

1. Insurer in those countries use pure risk-based premium; &

2. Most importantly, economies of scale.

Why our premiums never go down even during covid restrictions most of the cars are parked at home .

Supercharged

I think you get a car insurance broker to help you find lower price insurance renewal is more practical. 

Turbocharged

The main problem with insurance is if you know you're in the right you are encouraged to max your claim with all kinds of nonsense so as to extract as much of your premiums back.

Ofcos if everyone does it and claims are always exaggerated then premiums must keep going up

Supersonic

Yes, I expect insurance companies to provide more discount at my whim.

I also expect unicorn to visit me on my birthday to sing me a special song. 

Look, even getting insurance companies to play fair by honouring claims against drunk and unlicensed drivers is apparently too much to ask in Sillypoor, why are you fixated on ridiculous wishes? 

• Haha! 7

Hypersonic

We also pay extra dollars for MIW with supposedly extra simi 4g /5g features ....... welcome to the most expensip tin can of 6 million sardines in the world ........ cheaper to indeed take grab or teksi than owning a car here , no insurance, no parking charges stress ( some public car parks got peak hour surcharge some more ) , sammans , waxing n washing charges ....... list goes on n on..... strange thing is that in Sg as the car gits older the premium somehow never comes down 

• Haha! 5

car get older? of course premium must chop gao gao also mah......wait coe expire liao how to chop?

↡ Advertisement