Car Insurance companies must offer more discount

Vinil

(edited)
2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

We also pay extra dollars for MIW with supposedly extra simi 4g /5g features ....... welcome to the most expensip tin can of 6 million sardines in the world ........ cheaper to indeed take grab or teksi than owning a car here , no insurance, no parking charges stress ( some public car parks got peak hour surcharge some more ) , sammans , waxing n washing charges ....... list goes on n on..... strange thing is that in Sg as the car gits older the premium somehow never comes down 

There's always the option of 3rd party, but if your car gets burnt by an exploding PMD (no thanks for whoever who failed to regulate it well before all the PMD fires occur) or got stolen by punks, the Government says it's no business of theirs because you need to buy 3rd party to save money when they could have nudge for lower premium as cars become older.

The risk of cars self immolating is too low to justify higher insurance for older cars 😂.

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Vinil said:

Why our premiums never go down even during covid restrictions most of the cars are parked at home .

Same question I will ask is why property rentals keep going up when many expats also “ balik kampung”  and in the watch scene why PP , Rollie’s , AP prices keep shooting new stratospheric prices ....... not saying it’s not average Joe’s cuppa of coffee but what comes to my mind is why COE is also a component factor of the insurance premium costing..........even if car is scrapped early the residual COE is paid back to the owner 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Brass said:

There's always the option of 3rd party, but if your car gets burnt by an exploding PMD (no thanks for whoever who failed to regulate it well before all the PMD fires occur) or got stolen by punks, the Government says it's no business of theirs because you need to buy 3rd party to save money when they could have nudge for lower premium as cars become older.

The risk of cars self immolating is too low to justify higher insurance for older cars 😂.

Actually 3rd party insurance not really much cheaper than comprehensive insurance ..... if I remember correctly about 15% cheaper only 

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, BanCoe said:

Actually 3rd party insurance not really much cheaper than comprehensive insurance ..... if I remember correctly about 15% cheaper only 

Maybe I'm looking at budget direct lol.

But budget direct is kosong spec, so pray to high heavens if you bang someone.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Brass said:

I always thought initially Budget direct is extremely cheap ( maybe so when they first started to get market) but going forwards I still use budget as a benchmark and then I realized it’s not a buffet spread as one expects, low mileage condition , excess adjustment , young driver excess, only for personal use  ...... it’s a long list of exceptions and then I realised............

......... aiyah !! not worth it just becos it’s like only 2-5% cheaper...... God only knows what other exceptions they have 

• Praise 1

2nd Gear
13 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I always thought initially Budget direct is extremely cheap ( maybe so when they first started to get market) but going forwards I still use budget as a benchmark and then I realized it’s not a buffet spread as one expects, low mileage condition , excess adjustment , young driver excess, only for personal use  ...... it’s a long list of exceptions and then I realised............

......... aiyah !! not worth it just becos it’s like only 2-5% cheaper...... God only knows what other exceptions they have 

👍

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Brass said:

Here’s my  Buddy ID:

Buddy 103319

you may use for 5% additional discount 

Thank you very much:) 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2nd Gear
4 minutes ago, N2020 said:

Here’s my  Buddy ID:

Buddy 103319

you may use for 5% additional discount 

Thank you very much:) 

THANK YOU

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, Vinil said:

Dear all don't you think Singapore Car insurance companies need to offer more discounts for cars with additional safety features  .

people  are paying top dollars for the extra features and it really reduces the possible risk on the road.

Do you think it is fair for those paying the extra dollars,  pay the same insurance premium as those don't have those extra safety features ??

It is a business for them afterall. 

Can workshops don't over claim or have fraudulent claims at the first place ? Can repair costs be driven down ? Can car owners do without frills like car replacement etc ?

This needs to take place first.

Edited by Davidklt
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1