20 year old died after PMD catches fire in Woodlands lift

Fitvip

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

i saw a couple of times these enforcers catching people at wlds ave 12. Many like kena. BUT, more will easily kena if they go park outside any Mcd's outlet or shopping mall. I din even see it once. Are there some kind of politics going on?

Let me see your badge , where is your badge ??😎😎

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

I think that elevator should be sealed off.

Its would be akin to travelling in an incinerator.

Or resettle the entire block.

What a glorious mess. Thank you very much.

Who going to pay for the new block ?? People will forget about it after a while ...... meanwhile use the steps lah ...... good excercise also ........... wonder also what would have happened to that Adrian Lim the exorcist or temple medium  flat in Toa Payoh ...... took many lives too , torturer 

Edited by BanCoe

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, Blueray said:

looking at the scale of damage, PMDs should be banned on public transport.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/man-seriously-hurt-after-pmd-catches-fire-in-woodlands-lift

eb_sg1_060422_2x.jpg

hzlift0406.jpg

Yes, these things can harm innocent members of the public in close proximity due to it's unpredictable danger of the battery. These things can explode just bout anytime, not just during charging. 

Would like to see if this particular PMD has the UL2272 cert. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

i saw a couple of times these enforcers catching people at wlds ave 12. Many like kena. BUT, more will easily kena if they go park outside any Mcd's outlet or shopping mall. I din even see it once. Are there some kind of politics going on?

Look at our police car activing their red/ blue siren and yelling out loud pun emergency call, all those thief's and invaders would be on their run straight away- cant thy install a silencer light, those ambulance with multi-faced colourful lights on the front was a high distractor , more prone to accidents to give way to them, I feel thy ran out of idea

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yes, these things can harm innocent members of the public in close proximity due to it's unpredictable danger of the battery. These things can explode just bout anytime, not just during charging. 

Would like to see if this particular PMD has the UL2272 cert. 

yeah, the battery fire from these PMDs is quite big and unpredictable.

seriously a fire hazard, dunno why no directive from SCDF even after so many home fires caused by PMDs. 

the simplest solution is to ban ALL PMDs. 

anyways, friends and I have already informed our kids, next time see PMD in the lift, wait for the next lift.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

How about those power assisted bicycle ? Are they using the same type of batteries  ?  If yes, the same harzard exists.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
23 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Apologies but just curious, most lifts stop at every floor nowadays, could the young chap have given himself a fighting chance by pressing for the next available floor? Or was it that the lift detected smoke and came to an abrupt stop and power cut..thus dooming the young chap?

It was only at level 2! Below is the video. There was an explosion!

note Clip from SRA.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 3

7 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

Or can park by lift landing while visiting young uni co ed in her parents house.

Banned does not mean the Government of Singapore has solved the problem.

Once again, vaping is banned but people are more afraid of CNB than uncoordinated action on illegally modified PMDs/electric bicycles.

People still vape, insofar seen by mark 1 eyeballs 2 times vaping, once by young lady taking a grab ride, another time yet again by young lady in a public building.

Perhaps it is the vicarious thrill.

Those banned models are still around and will come out after the Sun has gone to rest.

It is the utmost evil and most unsingaporean to have released these machines into the eco system without study and forethought.

I hope the small forward can remedy this...

Action and Consequences committee from the good conscience people.

Yes Jamesc, burning young men seems to be the fesyen this year. Not bak zhangs.

Yah this year already have a few such fatalities... 

4x BMW 

3x Tuas Explosion 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Karoon said:

I have no stomach to watch the china video. Did the passengers die?

Pity investigators who would have to watch the woodlands one too.

I think China case all survive. 

37 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

How about those power assisted bicycle ? Are they using the same type of batteries  ?  If yes, the same harzard exists.

the way authorities here work, so long as no PAB catch fire, means its safe lor.

not ahead of the curve when it comes to public safety. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

yeah, the battery fire from these PMDs is quite big and unpredictable.

seriously a fire hazard, dunno why no directive from SCDF even after so many home fires caused by PMDs. 

the simplest solution is to ban ALL PMDs. 

anyways, friends and I have already informed our kids, next time see PMD in the lift, wait for the next lift.

Well said.

Let me learn from Weez911. Let us clock this piece of feedback from us true blue singaporean citizenry. 305pm on 5th june 2021.

Having pmds brought onto trains is something to be reviewed. Imagine an explosion broke out in the middle of travelling in an underground tunnel. Having a stampede in a narrow train aisle is definitely nothing to be scoffed at..honest and sincere feedback..

Any mayor reading this? This feedback is provided hereto without benefit of Captain Hindsight. MPs, pls act on this matter b4 it escalates into something bigger.

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

To catch fire is one thing. 

To not be able to extinguish it and let it burnt till ashes and dust, that's another level of danger. 

Not sure if lift cars can install fire fighting equipment or sprinkler system as it need to move up and down the shaft. 

But risk of lift car itself catching fire is extremely low. 

6 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Well said.

Let me learn from Weez911. Let us clock this piece of feedback from us true blue singaporean citizenry. 305pm on 5th june 2021.

Having pmds brought onto trains is something to be reviewed. Imagine an explosion broke out in the middle of travelling in an underground tunnel. Having a stampede in a narrow train aisle is definitely nothing to be scoffed at..honest and sincere feedback..

Any mayor reading this? This feedback is provided hereto without benefit of Captain Hindsight. MPs, pls act on this matter b4 it escalates into something bigger.

I have written in to LTA to request for a ban on all PMDs on MRTs and buses in view of this incident. 

• Praise 5

(edited)
1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

Look at our police car activing their red/ blue siren and yelling out loud pun emergency call, all those thief's and invaders would be on their run straight away- cant thy install a silencer light, those ambulance with multi-faced colourful lights on the front was a high distractor , more prone to accidents to give way to them, I feel thy ran out of idea

I think the sound is to alert all other road users/motorists .... 

Most will hear siren 1st before able to detect the vehicle until they are in the line of sight. 

Especially those cross road junctions... The criminal being pursuit will probably drive opposite direction, beat red light.... 

On PMD enforcement... 

Have seen them do it mainly during morning.... Deployed across a few consecutive junctions.... 

Catch parents sending kids to school on PMD. 😅

Edited by Atonchia

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Another 5-10 years, a lot of devices, including cars and bikes and whatnots are going to be powered by batteries, ban ban ban. 

Hypersonic
(edited)

Back to good old fashioned bikes ( basikal)  ....... and here’s to good health and also the last mile 

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3