20 year old died after PMD catches fire in Woodlands lift

Fitvip

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

This is the scene he was in!

Omg!!!... that battery it's a WP grenade wanna be... that really explains how the chap was on fire 😳

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
On 6/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, Stratovarius said:

i saw a couple of times these enforcers catching people at wlds ave 12. Many like kena. BUT, more will easily kena if they go park outside any Mcd's outlet or shopping mall. I din even see it once. Are there some kind of politics going on?

Yeah, just camp at malls and outside Macdonald’s. Sure to catch some. 

Sad to know that something like this happened to a young man. 

we should really set a safety standard for all these bikes/vehicles if they are going to be here for the long term.. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

we should really set a safety standard for all these bikes/vehicles if they are going to be here for the long term.. 

What is the safety standard for public housing if they are going to be here for the long term?

Wriggle room post again.

5 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

What is the safety standard for public housing if they are going to be here for the long term?

Wriggle room post again.

Not sure and more precise dunno… 🤷🏼

if there’s going to be a standard to follow and implement, then I think it’s a good start? 

the number of these bikes are surely so much more significant nowadays that we can’t just ignore them. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

Not sure and more precise dunno… 🤷🏼

if there’s going to be a standard to follow and implement, then I think it’s a good start? 

the number of these bikes are surely so much more significant nowadays that we can’t just ignore them. 

The safety for public housing cannot be compromised. These edevices should be temporary banned as Clinton ban on assault weapons. Ten years down the road until technology can catch up.

These electric devices can have their standards outside of public housing...in real terms no commercial value anymore. No more dumb people to make use of as well as fleece. How many pmds in landed or condos? I have uet to see residents of say Jervois road rolling on pmds or electric bicycles. 

Seems cluster houses like leotards.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
40 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

If HDB had mandated a PMD storage space in the void deck below, this young man may still be alive. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 6/5/2021 at 7:03 PM, Kb27 said:

great balls of fire !

no one can underestimate the power of lithium batteries.

Scary, I think no chace for passenger to escape at all if the bus is on the road.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
47 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Installing sprinkler systems in all lifts now! 

I don’t think it’s possible. Never seen any before. 

Turbocharged

This is a very big concern with government push on EV. For a small PMD battery, you can get this type of flame, what would happen to an EV? I hear of fuse protection but look more like the cells within the battery are the problem. Maybe 1st control is battery? 

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

This is a very big concern with government push on EV. For a small PMD battery, you can get this type of flame, what would happen to an EV? I hear of fuse protection but look more like the cells within the battery are the problem. Maybe 1st control is battery? 

So far only very few reports of EV catching fire.. their systems definitely more resilient to fire..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

So far only very few reports of EV catching fire.. their systems definitely more resilient to fire..

I read somewhere Tesla car caught fire, electronic failed so cannot open door! I think I still prefer mechanical option when electronic failed.  

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Installing sprinkler systems in all lifts now! 

cannot lah. Later my dad sometimes might come home drenched. hahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2