Singapore will qualify for world cup in 20340.........

alfakidz85

Singapore returned to World Cup and Asian Cup qualifying action after more than 18 months on Thursday (Jun 3) with a 4-0 loss to Palestine.

The second round of joint qualification for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar and the 2023 AFC Asian Cup in China has resumed after a lengthy delay caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Palestine raced to a three-nil lead in the first half at the King Fahd International Stadium, prompting Singapore head coach Tatsuma Yoshida to make a double substitution at the break. But he admitted his match decisions had not gone the way he wanted.

“The boys tried, but in the first half, they were a bit nervous,” he said after the match.

“I am really disappointed (as) they can do more (and) that we could not show our full potential. I think if we played to our potential, maybe the result would be changed … I am very sorry for the Singapore fans.

“I feel big disappointment, big pain … But it’s not on (the players). It’s because of my management and it’s on me.”

The three goals Palestine were scored in a span of about 10 minutes and included two penalties by Tamer Seyam either side of an Oday Dabbagh strike. Yaser Hamed completed the scoresheet in the closing minutes of the game.

The result means Palestine overtake Singapore in the Group D standings on goal difference, having played a game more.

The match saw the international debuts of Ilhan Fandi and Saifullah Akbar, while Lions stalwart Baihakki Khaizan notched his 138th Singapore appearance, taking him to joint second on the country’s list of most-capped players.

The Lions sit fourth out of five teams in Group D after six games. Their remaining ties in the group are against Uzbekistan on Jun 7 (kick-off at 2am on Jun 8, Singapore time) and Saudi Arabia on Jun 11 (kick-off at 2am on Jun 12, Singapore time).

Saudi Arabia lead Group D on 11 points with Uzbekistan in second on nine. The sides have played five games apiece.

All remaining Group D matches are being played in the Saudi capital.

The top team of each of the eight second-round groups and the four best runners-up will progress to the third round of 2022 World Cup qualifying. They will also qualify for the 2023 Asian Cup.

The remaining teams will continue to compete for places at the 2023 Asian Cup in subsequent rounds of qualifiers.

Singapore kicked off their campaign for Qatar 2022 and China 2023 in September 2019, picking up seven points from five games before qualifying was disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Elsewhere in Asian qualifying on Thursday, the United Arab Emirates beat Malaysia 4-0, Australia won 3-0 against Kuwait and Iran picked up a 3-1 victory over Hong Kong.

Bahrain drubbed Cambodia 8-0 and Nepal beat Taiwan 2-0 while Qatar, who have already qualified for the 2022 World Cup as hosts, edged out India 1-0.

Thailand and Indonesia played out a 2-2 draw, with Bangladesh and Afghanistan also sharing the points in a tie that finished 1-1.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, alfakidz85 said:

Singapore returned to World Cup and Asian Cup qualifying action after more than 18 months on Thursday (Jun 3) with a 4-0 loss to Palestine.

The second round of joint qualification for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar and the 2023 AFC Asian Cup in China has resumed after a lengthy delay caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Palestine raced to a three-nil lead in the first half at the King Fahd International Stadium, prompting Singapore head coach Tatsuma Yoshida to make a double substitution at the break. But he admitted his match decisions had not gone the way he wanted.

“The boys tried, but in the first half, they were a bit nervous,” he said after the match.

“I am really disappointed (as) they can do more (and) that we could not show our full potential. I think if we played to our potential, maybe the result would be changed … I am very sorry for the Singapore fans.

“I feel big disappointment, big pain … But it’s not on (the players). It’s because of my management and it’s on me.”

The three goals Palestine were scored in a span of about 10 minutes and included two penalties by Tamer Seyam either side of an Oday Dabbagh strike. Yaser Hamed completed the scoresheet in the closing minutes of the game.

The result means Palestine overtake Singapore in the Group D standings on goal difference, having played a game more.

The match saw the international debuts of Ilhan Fandi and Saifullah Akbar, while Lions stalwart Baihakki Khaizan notched his 138th Singapore appearance, taking him to joint second on the country’s list of most-capped players.

The Lions sit fourth out of five teams in Group D after six games. Their remaining ties in the group are against Uzbekistan on Jun 7 (kick-off at 2am on Jun 8, Singapore time) and Saudi Arabia on Jun 11 (kick-off at 2am on Jun 12, Singapore time).

Saudi Arabia lead Group D on 11 points with Uzbekistan in second on nine. The sides have played five games apiece.

All remaining Group D matches are being played in the Saudi capital.

The top team of each of the eight second-round groups and the four best runners-up will progress to the third round of 2022 World Cup qualifying. They will also qualify for the 2023 Asian Cup.

The remaining teams will continue to compete for places at the 2023 Asian Cup in subsequent rounds of qualifiers.

Singapore kicked off their campaign for Qatar 2022 and China 2023 in September 2019, picking up seven points from five games before qualifying was disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Elsewhere in Asian qualifying on Thursday, the United Arab Emirates beat Malaysia 4-0, Australia won 3-0 against Kuwait and Iran picked up a 3-1 victory over Hong Kong.

Bahrain drubbed Cambodia 8-0 and Nepal beat Taiwan 2-0 while Qatar, who have already qualified for the 2022 World Cup as hosts, edged out India 1-0.

Thailand and Indonesia played out a 2-2 draw, with Bangladesh and Afghanistan also sharing the points in a tie that finished 1-1.

Singapore cannot do anything, no thanks to the Government we have.

They want a stake in everything and nationalise everything such that Singaporean ventures usually end up in failure and we have no strong SME or local companies that are well known around the globe.

Same goes with football, with the kind of neglect they gave football until recently.

The SG government surely makes Dr Mahathir and Proton look good.

Turbocharged

a non country... beats a country..

we should just challenge them on PS5... at least we stand more of a chance since our electricity is more reliable.. can train more.. 

unless with the limited hours of electricity and a few smuggled PS5 they can still win, we should just stick to subbuteo

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic

Palestine got grass pitch huh?

They play on sand right?

And our boys not used to playing beach soccer lah.

:D

image.png.239cd46bd052335a6880e3b08e0cb344.png

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

It is better that we give this world cup goal a miss.

Doesn't make sense if we have to spend billions to buy top players and throw in complimentary citizenship as a package.

I have never been too impressed by our table tennis approach to championship.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
34 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

It is better that we give this world cup goal a miss.

Doesn't make sense if we have to spend billions to buy top players and throw in complimentary citizenship as a package.

I have never been too impressed by our table tennis approach to championship.

i think sg going about the sport all wrong.

all the poor countries sports rely on large numbers of people playing and endure hardship. not money. we cannot beat them.

instead we should go for the rich country sports. like that jamaica did bobsled thing? it was made into movie. but after that not no win. 

since we got money, and people dont want to endure hardship, just look for rich country sports. im not rich so i dont know any rich country sport.. 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Palestine got grass pitch huh?

They play on sand right?

And our boys not used to playing beach soccer lah.

:D

image.png.239cd46bd052335a6880e3b08e0cb344.png

That's what I thought. Any stadium they had probably has been bombed to ruins. Maybe they are good because they train in the ruins.

• Haha! 2

(edited)

please,  you all anti pap .

if the government dont air drop retired generals and politicians,  where to keep all these bunch of people to be in the payrolls. 

even if they dont know anything about sports or how to managed a club. it doesn't matter.

you think retired generals and politicians can work as sales promoters in supermarkets is it?

unnamed.gif.51d703fd1ca90e13bb157350594ce42a.gif

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

So many coach we bring in. Alway discuss some many different type of tactics. 

Now got jap coach.

But go onto the field. All the basic also cannot do.  Hard to imagine they play soccer for a living.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged

The GK was horrendous, is this even a national team starter?

Think besides losing 4-0 to palestine, they also drew with - get this - afghanistan [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

46 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe we can win against In....South Asia. 

Cos their players won't show up at the pitch all under 21 day hotel stay. 

They can shift the goalpost to a mind game. We will still lose to them afterall 😂

Twincharged
(edited)
20 hours ago, Staff69 said:

please,  you all anti pap .

if the government dont air drop retired generals and politicians,  where to keep all these bunch of people to be in the payrolls. 

even if they dont know anything about sports or how to managed a club. it doesn't matter.

you think retired generals and politicians can work as sales promoters in supermarkets is it?

unnamed.gif.51d703fd1ca90e13bb157350594ce42a.gif

They should just retire and stop cocking things up. 
I remember that the rationale for paying generals and colonels high, is because they have a short career span. Why is it that tax payers are further burdened by parachuting these people into various ministries and stat boards where they know nothing of?  
Umbrage Ah!!!!!🤬

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Sosaria said:

The GK was horrendous, is this even a national team starter?

Think besides losing 4-0 to palestine, they also drew with - get this - afghanistan [laugh]

Only Singapore goalkeeper dives forward in penalty kick (1st goal) ???  :a-no:

shouldn't they dives either to the left or right poles ... :slow:

• Haha! 1

After Palestine 4 - 0 , Singapore better give up football and concentrate on your studies   :lll._.:

We have comes to a standard that 'sports' doesn't secure you any future but education does..... :wut:

After 30's without an education, you can't survive ... :scared:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1