Singapore will qualify for world cup in 20340.........

alfakidz85

Supercharged
22 hours ago, Beregond said:

by saying our wc goal out loud, are the gov saying that soccer is/should be our national sport? if not why give such a high target and pumping so many money in??

if yes then what we are doing now is simply not enough.

our current players got any chance of accomplice any thing? no at all i say, u can throw in any coach, they cannot do magic if the players is weak.

we need a new batch of player. it have to start right from the btm. primary school. i go to bukit timah play soccer ever sunday, FT are spending hundred of buks to send their kids for soccer training every week.

what about us? i saw  alot of school start build proper football field, which is a good start, but those field are empty on sunday, rent out to weekend uncle like me to play soccer.

every primary school need to have their own football school team and a proper coach to recuit kids. incentive must be given to let their parents let their kids join, 

it must be follow up to sec school and so on, we got 6m ppl, if we leech into the whole population, all our youth with money pump in to build factilities like field, we stand a chance,

currently is flat hope only

the whole system need revamping and when i say revamping i meant the "whole" system - go down to the roots and remove all the "political" roots...

pumping so much $$ in, get the professionals in and make sure dun mix politics with sports...is a deadly tonic!!

also our school, start from bottom and NS need to be reviewed as well...18/19/20 all go NS....2 yrs of their prime gone....is this worthwhile! Not saying to remove NS...but really review and accommodate where possible, shortened for elite sportsmen and allow for NS and training at the same time. Give priority where possible for national athlete!

also i find all the sport hubs football field is a joke.....dun think is an even actual size football field, one kick and the ball will fly over to the next HDB block....

they should have maintained the old football field to encourage youth to play...see in the 80's and 90's football field and see the current football fields....all commercialized!!!

world cup....dream on if we don't uproot the roots and start planting all over again!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I think this National Team of ours can't even beat any Malaysian League teams ... :a-no: 

So sad for the standards of play.

I am one of those hot fans that never missed any football games (Malaysia Cup or International matches) at our National Stadium or Jalan Besar Stadium in the 60's, 70's, 80's and stopped watching after our Fandi Ahmad, V Sumdumoothy retires. Thereafter all players CMI after the starts of S-League.   :ouch-it-hurts:

They are playing for the money (wages) and not for the passion of football and honour of  representing the nation. 

they should have set a low lying frit target like the Singapore League or Malaysia League.....if these 2 cannot win, can forget about anything else....SEA Games, looks like a mission impossible...don't say world cup lah….

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

they should have set a low lying frit target like the Singapore League or Malaysia League.....if these 2 cannot win, can forget about anything else....SEA Games, looks like a mission impossible...don't say world cup lah….

Used to be a walk in the park...now struggle to draw with Philippines, Vietnam even Brunei...😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Used to be a walk in the park...now struggle to draw with Philippines, Vietnam even Brunei...😅

soon will need getting used to losing to teams like Brunei, Philippines and Myanmar...[laugh]

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I think this National Team of ours can't even beat any Malaysian League teams ... :a-no: 

So sad for the standards of play.

I am one of those hot fans that never missed any football games (Malaysia Cup or International matches) at our National Stadium or Jalan Besar Stadium in the 60's, 70's, 80's and stopped watching after our Fandi Ahmad, V Sumdumoothy retires. Thereafter all players CMI after the starts of S-League.   :ouch-it-hurts:

They are playing for the money (wages) and not for the passion of football and honour of  representing the nation. 

I wonder do they still have the milo selection nation wide?

Tried once late 70s or early 80s. 😄 Failed in the first stage of selection process.   Ended up I joined the near home community centre football club. 😄

• Praise 3

49 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

the suzuki cup still a reasonable aim. lol

but now even that seem too far

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Tried once late 70s or early 80s. 😄 Failed in the first stage of selection process.   Ended up I joined the near home community centre football club. 😄

Too bad born at wrong time, if not you would have made it to the national team :grin:

57 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I neber got to go for trial...i tink they knew I drank ovaltine then 😁

• Haha! 3

(edited)

I think football is the least important of our priorities. Don't waste too much money on this please.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I neber got to go for trial...i tink they knew I drank ovaltine then 😁

Nothing to do with drinking ovaltine.

One need to sign up for the Milo age group clinic. If you play for school or club the chance of been accepted into the clinic will be higher. Subsequently attend a few sessions (forgotten how many session)..

good you will go for selection process.

Not up to mark. Thank you for your participation and a free tee. 😓

One sentence keep haunting and mould my subsequent playing era at community centre football club. (don't be like a chicken without head on the field)😓.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I think football is the least important of our priorities. Don't waste too much money on this please.

if spend liao got result still reasonable, afterall soccer is very big in sg.

but instead the result going opposite way

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Lack of direction at the top.

First, to make it big, sponsors are very important. Marketing the sports and the league are vital. No interests, no money, nothing good comes out of it.

Second, youth development. You have to look at successful formula in France, Netherlands, Spain.

Right now, it's just garbage. Local S-league nobody interested, home-grown players playing part-time and living in comfort zone. No desire to get results, no pride at all.

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Our people don't have the athletism and mindset for this sport and our weather is too hot for people to train properly. Great football nations always have kids starting at a young age and in Singapore, PSLE is more important than the S league.

• Praise 3

42 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Nothing to do with drinking ovaltine.

One need to sign up for the Milo age group clinic. If you play for school or club the chance of been accepted into the clinic will be higher. Subsequently attend a few sessions (forgotten how many session)..

good you will go for selection process.

Not up to mark. Thank you for your participation and a free tee. 😓

One sentence keep haunting and mould my subsequent playing era at community centre football club. (don't be like a chicken without head on the field)😓.

No one tell Sterling...😁

• Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Our people don't have the athletism and mindset for this sport and our weather is too hot for people to train properly. Great football nations always have kids starting at a young age and in Singapore, PSLE is more important than the S league.

Yes, mindset is important.

When Daniel Bennett at age 43 is still playing and younger players cannot send him to retirement, then something is really wrong.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

I joined Farrer Park United in late 60's & early 70's with Uncle Choo Seng Quee as the trainer every Sat morning, rain or shine. Didn't really going into full time playing with FPU as parents said studying more important than playing soccer.  Uncle Choo's sport shop just along Owen Road and after training (10.00am), he goes to open his shop. So I left the training in 1972.

Played alongside with Noh Mohd (Allan Ball of SG), Nasil Jalih (Crazy Horse), Dollah Kassim (Gelek king), S Rajagopal (Camel) and many others. Some left to join Geylang United later.

Training under Uncle Choo really [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]. From start of training to end (3 1/2 hours), smelly smelly more than 500 [furious] languages used...  :darkmood:

If you can take his tough training, chances of been selected into the National team are high. [smash] 

Those were the days ......... :meaw:

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

24 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I joined Farrer Park United in late 60's & early 70's with Uncle Choo Seng Quee as the trainer every Sat morning, rain or shine. Didn't really going into full time playing with FPU as parents said studying more important than playing soccer.  Uncle Choo's sport shop just along Owen Road and after training (10.00am), he goes to open his shop. So I left the training in 1972.

Played alongside with Noh Mohd (Allan Ball of SG), Nasil Jalih (Crazy Horse), Dollah Kassim (Gelek king), S Rajagopal (Camel) and many others. Some left to join Geylang United later.

Training under Uncle Choo really [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]. From start of training to end (3 1/2 hours), smelly smelly more than 500 [furious] languages used...  :darkmood:

If you can take his tough training, chances of been selected into the National team are high. [smash] 

Wow my senior...salute. respect!

• Praise 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

So were you acquainted with Robert sim?

In the early 2000 he was working at shell eastern as regional manager.   Once or twice of month he would drop by my office for a chat. Pretty tall gentlemen.  Mid 2000 either he was either transferred or retired from shell. Shell outsourced started in early 2000. No more servicing my company account. 

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement