Singapore will qualify for world cup in 20340.........

alfakidz85

https://mothership.sg/2022/08/malaysia-world-cup-2022-qatar-rtm-free/

Good news, Malaysian football fans.

Radio Television Malaysia (RTM), under the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia, will continue to be the official broadcaster for the 2022 football World Cup in Qatar.

Therefore, Malaysians will be able to watch the matches for free.

Singaporeans who tried to access RTM's free online live stream in 2018 found that they were blocked.

😤😤😤😤😤

(edited)

Not even FAS believes in Singapore team 🤐

Anger, frustration for S’pore football fans: Only 5,000 allowed for friendlies, no live broadcast

SINGAPORE – The National Stadium is billed as the home of the Lions, though the roars from the fans were muted when the national football team played two international friendly matches in the 55,000-capacity venue last Friday and Sunday – with less than 5,000 fans in attendance for each game.

About three hours before kick-off against Papua New Guinea on Friday, the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) announced that tickets for both matches had been “fully snapped up” – though empty seats were visible in the ticketed section.

A total of 4,918 fans turned out for the game against Papua New Guinea, which ended 2-2, while Sunday’s 1-1 draw with the Solomon Islands had 4,952 fans.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/anger-frustration-for-s-pore-football-fans-only-5000-allowed-for-friendlies-no-live-broadcast

Edited by yishunite
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged

I was never a soccer fan but I still make it a point to watch Malaysia Cup on the telly wherever Singapore plays.

I remember hearing chants and shouts of my HDB neighbours. It was that successful.

Now, I don't even bother with Singapore soccer anymore. Can't name a single player also. No one I know talks about local soccer. I think FAS should just close shop and close up the local league also.

No point continuing lah

• Haha! 1

Watched the game vs Guam yesterday. Our technique was so poor. Cannot head or shoot properly. Wasted so many chances.

We really should have won by a lot more than just 2-1 against a team of amateurs and college students.

On 11/22/2023 at 1:01 AM, Sosaria said:

Lost to SK and Thailand. Ok that's it for yet another world cup attempt [laugh]

After our lost yesterday evening. 

I think we will finish the group with ZERO points😑

Actually for the 10mins i watched in 1st half at 0-1 down, i thought singapore wasn't too bad, just not as good as the thais. They tried to play to feet.
The thais were doing good job of gegenpressing and the closing down was relentless. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:15 PM, Lala81 said:

Actually for the 10mins i watched in 1st half at 0-1 down, i thought singapore wasn't too bad, just not as good as the thais. They tried to play to feet.
The thais were doing good job of gegenpressing and the closing down was relentless. 

Yah during my childhood was the last time Lions mattered, when they got back the aging Fandi + Sundram + 2 aussie mecenaries + Jang Jung and won the Malaysia cup. 

Dunno why after that no more Malaysia cup participation and then the S-league crap was started and it is just slow deterioration downhill.

Definitely the FAS guys have to be blamed, but I suspect it is different tenures of leaders also working together to weaken SG football until we are truly kampung team only

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, t0y0ta said:

Yah during my childhood was the last time Lions mattered, when they got back the aging Fandi + Sundram + 2 aussie mecenaries + Jang Jung and won the Malaysia cup. 

Dunno why after that no more Malaysia cup participation and then the S-league crap was started and it is just slow deterioration downhill.

Definitely the FAS guys have to be blamed, but I suspect it is different tenures of leaders also working together to weaken SG football until we are truly kampung team only

Ya. Our soccer go down hill and never recover after we left M. League and start our own S.league.

• Praise 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, t0y0ta said:

If my memory serves me well, I recalled it was the Malaysian states, as a collective, convinced the M League that they do not like to play in Singapore because it is time consuming and costly to fly/bus their team to Singapore. FAS got the hint and decided to start S League then.

I have to agree though the standard has been dropping since then. Watching the game last night, our defenders (with the exception of Safuwan who play in Selangor) has bad anticipation of opponent movements; by the time they react, the Thais were already in a position to score. Chasing shadow the whole game. This has got to do with the regular SPL teams they played against weekly, the pace is slower, the intensity is lower, it is no doubt we can't match the other nations.

• Praise 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:41 AM, Beregond said:

After our lost yesterday evening. 

I think we will finish the group with ZERO points😑

Might as well stick to play our good old...😁

R (14).jpg

• Haha! 1

On 11/22/2023 at 3:55 PM, mersaylee said:

Might as well stick to play our good old...😁

R (14).jpg

Nope. No hope in this too. Just look at what's out there. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/22/2023 at 1:01 AM, Sosaria said:

Lost to SK and Thailand. Ok that's it for yet another world cup attempt [laugh]

Good job, try again ...:XD:

↡ Advertisement