Racism in Singapore: Singaporean man told to date people of his own ethnicity

BabyBlade

Twincharged

Racist / Nationalist etc are never going away. Why are we just kidding ourselves.

Its like the Covid virus it is here to stay and probably be endemic.

Its human nature.

Doesn't mean we don't hear of it, it does not exist. It appears only when something trigger it.

Let see, what about elitisms, intergender, Indians with varying caste (more evident with imports), even discrimination better dogs and cats in HDB, schools (are all schools good schools), the underprivileged (try building HDB flats in Bukit Timah GCB area), etc.

We should learn to accept it and managed it. As LKY would say, grow up.

As we moved towards a more public funded entity, I need to show we have an accountable unbias media. Its seems my reservist rank is akan datang. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Racist / Nationalist etc are never going away. Why are we just kidding ourselves.

Its like the Covid virus it is here to stay and probably be endemic.

Its human nature.

Doesn't mean we don't hear of it, it does not exist. It appears only when something trigger it.

Let see, what about elitisms, intergender, Indians with varying caste (more evident with imports), even discrimination better dogs and cats in HDB, schools (are all schools good schools), the underprivileged (try building HDB flats in Bukit Timah GCB area), etc.

We should learn to accept it and managed it. As LKY would say, grow up.

As we moved towards a more public funded entity, I need to show we have an accountable unbias media. Its seems my reservist rank is akan datang. 

Your lengthy posts are getting even more devoid of actual import. 

Anyway, you know the saying often misattributed to Edmund Burke? Nuff said. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Ironically, based on the Chinese fella's accent, I don't think he's a true blue Singaporean. Wouldn't that be rich? 

Some may suggest that the definitive true blue Singaporean does not exist, and we are all Singaporeans.

Turbocharged

This is how we evolved :grin:

star2.png

1 In 200 Men Are Direct Descendants Of Genghis Khan

https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan

Genghis Khan died ~750 years ago, so assuming 25 years per generation, you get about 30 men between the present and that period. In more quantitative terms, ~10% of the men who reside within the borders of the Mongol Empire as it was at the death of Genghis Khan may carry his Y chromosome, and so ~0.5% of men in the world, about 16 million individuals alive today, do so.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Precisely i feel a minister of his stature should refrain from commenting on these small social media postings unless it is a police report lodged or similar seriousness. Maybe nowadays they are trying to court support from the "woke" crowd but it is really a minor incident.

It's like the recent hoohaa from some random idiot's Facebook post that she feels safer in India than Sg during covid 

Ppl got all worked up. DBS had to release media statement that she doesn't work there anymore, racist comments started flying around which made Sg look even worse than the original comment

Since when did we become so thin skinned as a nation that we can get so upset over a NOBODY's comment n personal opinion? 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Some may suggest that the definitive true blue Singaporean does not exist, and we are all Singaporeans.

Whatever the case may be, he's still a sh*thead. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

oh oh... dont pofma bb hor... 😯

But now that Sham has weighed in this

watch this space

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Any race is beautiful and according to scientists we were all once monkey😅

You havent changed tho 

🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Soya said:

The is so ridiculous that it looks fake

I don't think it's fake. 

I've had comments like this said to me as well (and I wasn't even dating someone outside my race at the time). Along with a ton of other overtly racist taunts delivered by people with power over me (during NS) when I couldn't do sh*t about it. 

You go to EDMW and you can see quite a few sh*theaded remarks already. And some subtle sh*theadedness creeping in here from certain users I've always considered to be more the EDMW "type". 

Don't even get me started on SBF, that showcases the full "inglory" Sinkies are capable of when not worried about accountability. 

We're a thoroughly racist society, without even the freedom of speech, writing and thought to fully explore abiding solutions. 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Soya said:

It's like the recent hoohaa from some random idiot's Facebook post that she feels safer in India than Sg during covid 

Ppl got all worked up. DBS had to release media statement that she doesn't work there anymore, racist comments started flying around which made Sg look even worse than the original comment

Since when did we become so thin skinned as a nation that we can get so upset over a NOBODY's comment n personal opinion? 

We need a minority race president to represent the minority race already a telltales sign racism exist in Singapore. Government said so ..not me.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Can't believe this kind of racist mentality exist in sg. Who is the man to judge other people?

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Actually, these type of human being are universally found across ethnic groups as well as social groups.

I was worried travelling across kentucky...southern states. My school had to send in FBI/State police to investigate white supremacy group threat of violence. Then i found out the white guys are also careful travelling from different parts of their country. Hah.

Its basic monkey troop coding behaviour. Everyone has it as it is involuntary base operating system.

Remind us that we have higher brain functions available and that some of us regardless of race has a stronger base primitive operating system.

Cannot be helped.

For example, working in a peranakan food establishment might mean the worker would be accepting but they sabotaging the delicate pea flower rice taste by doling heaps of chilli without request. Passive aggressive resistance.

Or wearing free Pxxxxxxxe T shirt at work in public service.

It happens across gender.

What to do? These people also use aggression and violence if they can get away with it. As well as intimidation.

They dont see human beings as varied but insist on separate and distinct. Oops, dunno say which MM liaole.

Neurocognition is fascinating.

4 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Ironically, based on the Chinese fella's accent, I don't think he's a true blue Singaporean. Wouldn't that be rich? 

Must be some other nationality faking as Singaporean because Singaporeans can never be racist.

/s

Internal Moderator
30 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

39% supported 

Screenshot_20210606-214716_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e82c0fd8c82ff2771a7203c7c65353d.jpg

meanwhile ......

Screenshot_20210606-214951_Photos.thumb.jpg.c12fa784bc20274acf3b25538c2b31df.jpg

https-_bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984_s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_4a37435b-bc13-4-c5-be5a-374e51b856bb_828x1593-602x1024_edit_359760709852394.jpg.4c40a14b4015a6239eaf5b846a89f5f7.jpg

So are we brown, white, yellow or black? If I were you, I will refrain from bringing politics into this thread. 

• Praise 1

I hope it don't turned out to be another incident taken out of context by our Minister(s)... like this saga below. 

As with other videos I have seen online, I always question the intent of those posters, are they really speaking up for injustice, or trying to stir sh*t?! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8