Racism in Singapore: Singaporean man told to date people of his own ethnicity

BabyBlade

(edited)

I don't condone racism. 

But is it right for Ngee Ann Poly to out his name, suspend him from duty and potentially punish him? The incident didn't happen within the campus, the victim wasn't a student of the poly. Whatever altercation he got into was in his own private capacity. Was it to appease the mob out for blood or due to certain parlimentary figures choosing to weigh in? 

He's not some public figure with influence, just an old dotard. The best way to deal with such is to just walk away. 

Edited by Ganwb79
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 6/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jamesc said:

I am so happy we live in a multiracial and multireligious society.

:D

Racism has no place in our society.

More Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese and Taiwanese ladies please.

And we should welcome people of different race with open arms.

image.thumb.png.2e2e8e19b5555d4b358b1d67922b318b.png

Ahem :D

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

I don't condone racism. 

But is it right for Ngee Ann Poly to out his name, suspend him from duty and potentially punish him? The incident didn't happen within the campus, the victim wasn't a student of the poly. Whatever altercation he got into was in his own private capacity. Was it to appease the mob out for blood or due to certain parlimentary figures choosing to weigh in? 

He's not some public figure with influence, just an old dotard. The best way to deal with such is to just walk away. 

as a public servant, they have to uphold the morals of conduct strictly, regardless. 

There are declarations done annually that they have to adhere to these.  Ask the civil servants here and you will know

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

I don't condone racism. 

i think they have done right

cos previously when some FTs criticised Singapore, they were also penalised or sacked by their companies

so no double standards here

personal behaviour, even if it's legal, can also do damages to the reputation of his organisation (eg why the company employs such an unethical person?)

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
8 hours ago, minion said:

The incident was not right.

But a minister to comment on this old man? It was an isolated incident. May be a bit too much also. There are so many racist behaviors and discriminations happening, why choose this one?

Or only because of this, it was suddenly realised there is such issue or such person in the society? No, right?

Or this one is more serious than other racist cases? No, right?

I'm addressing not just your reply, but a lot of others. I don't have time for a "seek and destroy" mission on all the nonsense I've seen here and in other places in Sinkie cyberspace.

A lot of Sinkies want things like this swept under the carpet.

Only a few of them are in "naive" denial. Many of them are malicious racist scum themselves. 

Ironically, your own post makes it sound like you'd prefer things like this never saw the light of day. 

Also, all this talk about Sham "bullying" an "old man" - I know you didn't use those precise words in your post, but others have, and their intent is not far off from yours - but what about the innocent couple who fell victim to this "old"  Chinese bugger? 

Why are some so quick to minimise the old twat's words and actions? I've even heard him referred to as "mentally ill" and "sick". Bollocks. He's obviously gainfully employed (or was right up to the aftermath of the incident) as a senior educator in a tertiary institution. I wouldn't call that an obvious case of "mental illness". 

Do we want arsewipes like that teaching our kids? I'm sure the racist ones who post online about how they don't want their daughters marrying an Indian or Malay man don't mind. But f**k them and fire this bugger.

As much as I disagree with Sham on other issues, I don't have a problem with what he said here. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Precisely my point. I've watched the video and I was amazed at the civilized responses from both of them at an unreal level. No vulgarities, no knnbccb, just nicely spoken English which doesn't even has lah, leh, lor etc. What the hell man? 

There is the very unlikely possibility that this was staged.  And it was shared cos it was staged.

And someone, not one of those being filmed or in the film, made the police report.  So it went out of control.  Cos CCTV can easily identify the culprit.

Cos there seems to be a trend that people post things just for Facebook likes so maybe this is similar but someone in the public made a police report.

Let's see the outcome.  Maybe it was genuine and I will eat my words.

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

There is the very unlikely possibility that this was staged.  And it was shared cos it was staged.

And someone, not one of those being filmed or in the film, made the police report.  So it went out of control.  Cos CCTV can easily identify the culprit.

Cos there seems to be a trend that people post things just for Facebook likes so maybe this is similar but someone in the public made a police report.

Let's see the outcome.  Maybe it was genuine and I will eat my words.

All these "eat my words" comments even after a public exposure and punitive action.

If words carried not just metaphorical weight but literal calories, I think a lot of you are going to very obese in short order. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

All these "eat my words" comments even after a public exposure and punitive action.

If words carried not just metaphorical weight but literal calories, I think a lot of you are going to very obese in short order. 

forgive the newly married bloke...he will be worse here now AFTER his newly found life.....he needs this outlet🤣

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

This guy needs help but the way this is blown up and his full facial being shown may not be correct. He should be suspended till they are able to figure out his problem. 

We don't want to send a wrong message out there that each time you feel unjustified, you film and post on social media and ministers come out to give their views. Authorities should advise what you should do. 

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, RadX said:

forgive the newly married bloke...he will be worse here now AFTER his newly found life.....he needs this outlet🤣

And of different nationality also..... [jawdrop]

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, RadX said:

as a public servant, they have to uphold the morals of conduct strictly, regardless. 

There are declarations done annually that they have to adhere to these.  Ask the civil servants here and you will know

Got meh ?  :slow:

I thought only declare got owe 'ah long' , own company(ies) or property(ies)  :ph34r:    

:grin:

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

This guy needs help but the way this is blown up and his full facial being shown may not be correct. He should be suspended till they are able to figure out his problem. 

We don't want to send a wrong message out there that each time you feel unjustified, you film and post on social media and ministers come out to give their views. Authorities should advise what you should do. 

I just find it hilarious and even insulting that he had found time to wear a polo tee with "SINGAPORE" printed big big on it before starting a racial confrontation on the streets, against a fellow Indian Singaporean. Maybe that's his way of insulting racial harmony in which Singapore is known for, discounting the underlying and unspoken racism below the surface. 

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Maybe next year CS annual decration will have additional added clause .... :wut:

and additional online learning hahahaha

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, RadX said:

i think in addition to that, people who work in education institutions have some obligation to "behave" and set the standards as they are seen as teachers and have some influence on the younger ..

• Praise 7

Just now, Mooose said:

i think in addition to that, people who work in education institutions have some obligation to "behave" and set the standards as they are seen as teachers and have some influence on the younger ..

exactly!  There was this example tht some of them, associates or not, wanted to do 'grab'.  hahaha..can u imagine a student taking their vehicle?.....awkward

• Praise 1

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Maybe next year CS annual decration will have additional added clause .... :wut:

...got eat chicken rice or nice chicken at geylang? .😁

Edited by mersaylee
↡ Advertisement