Racism in Singapore: Singaporean man told to date people of his own ethnicity

BabyBlade

8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Teachers recite their pledge every year! I forgot the day, cold be on Teachers' Day。

The recent spate of news abt teachers has set a tone of caution and this adds to the spotlight.

One of the taboos is NEVER to have student-teacher relationships...altho common sense, the wrong head dictates at times.  Also, the teacher-teacher relationship ON campus is also frowned.....geez...whats happening to our teachers?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Like that better for thos ein civil service not be bo on other's facebook video.

Parking fine or traffic summons how? Got close one eye for this?

unless charged in court, small cases are more private liao.  Once charged in court, then it gets comlicated

Supersonic
1 minute ago, RadX said:

The recent spate of news abt teachers has set a tone of caution and this adds to the spotlight.

One of the taboos is NEVER to have student-teacher relationships...altho common sense, the wrong head dictates at times.  Also, the teacher-teacher relationship ON campus is also frowned.....geez...whats happening to our teachers?

Student-teacher relationship is strictly a no no. But teacher-teacher relationship seems OK, as long as they observe social distancing! I have seen a few couples got hitched and still remain in the same campus!

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

Student-teacher relationship is strictly a no no. But teacher-teacher relationship seems OK, as long as they observe social distancing! I have seen a few couples got hitched and still remain in the same campus!

that is fine, but mind the work boundaries.  Used to be taboo but now is welcomed

• Praise 1

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Ender said:

Like that better for thos ein civil service not be bo on other's facebook video.

Parking fine or traffic summons how? Got close one eye for this?

Teachers must be very mindful with their fb postings. I think most of them would restrict their privacy to friends only.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Enlightened company.

Must be a western company?

More people should appreciate lesbians.

Especially lesbians trapped in man's body.

:D

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

I work in a private company where all employees have to attend and sign off on mandatory code of conduct trainings every year including topics on racial/cultural/gender/LGBT diversity and inclusivity. This is a HR necessity for most companies who operate globally across geos, cultures and races, etc, to ensure they attract, manage and retain the best talents possible. There are also established HR processes to blow the whistle on offenders against such policies.

I remember when chatting on this topic to some friends who only worked in phua chu kang pte ltd type companies, I didn't expect that it turned out to be a very foreign if not shocking concept to them. Some classic responses were...

"Why your company have to hire homo!?"

"What's wrong with stating race as a prerequisite for job opening?"

"Our boss always tell women to be in charge of serving drinks during meetings."

So I guess depending on individual family upbringing, social life experiences and work cultures (which make up a big part of our lives), it'll shape our beliefs and views on diversity and inclusivity.

Edited by Jamesc

Hypersonic

One day I hope people can accept a fisherman marrying a mermaid.

This is really marrying outside your race.

I can accept it but I know it will take time maybe even a long time for others to accept.

image.png.ad7208e508995f7b7a6207fa5ae6d223.png

(edited)
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

One day I hope people can accept a fisherman marrying a mermaid.

This is really marrying outside your race.

I can accept it but I know it will take time maybe even a long time for others to accept.

image.png.ad7208e508995f7b7a6207fa5ae6d223.png

:grin:

F1DB6A31-3160-4110-A639-5D14D5969F09.jpeg

Spoiler

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Mustank said:

F1DB6A31-3160-4110-A639-5D14D5969F09.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

ya .. and i say a pair of spectacles broken in half .. 😄

• Haha! 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Especially lesbians trapped in man's body.

Are you referring to Sharon Liew?

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

It's g

It is both a 6 and a 9 :grin:

by themselves, they are an incomplete picture 

only by integrating the 6 and 9 together then both will complete each other and be made whole as one 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

8 hours ago, yishunite said:

U know how many ministers are in interracial marriage? U know that some are products of such? This is personal for them, i dont blame them for speaking up instantly when kena triggered

In any case this uncle/lecturer got it coming... even though i know the view is actually quite prevalent among older generation it needs to be sent to the rubbish chute. Along with CMIO labelling and divisions

Sure, I've no issues with them and their interracial marriages. I know Vivian Bala has a Chinese wife and Tharman had a Japanese wife (if I'm not wrong).

My point is this, there has been many many cases of blatant racist video footages uploaded online before, I'm curious why for this particular instance, there has been that much attention on it. Is it also because of the online furore against Indian nationals bringing in B1617 recently? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Sure, I've no issues with them and their interracial marriages. I know Vivian Bala has a Chinese wife and Tharman had a Japanese wife (if I'm not wrong).

My point is this, there has been many many cases of blatant racist video footages uploaded online before, I'm curious why for this particular instance, there has been that much attention on it. Is it also because of the online furore against Indian nationals bringing in B1617 recently? 

I feel like ur the one throwing the red herring here

Dont worry we havent forgotten the south asian variant. But why link these two things? Simple fact that gahmen got their policy wrong is not resolve by a video of a chinese racist

1 minute ago, yishunite said:

I feel like ur the one throwing the red herring here

Dont worry we havent forgotten the south asian variant. But why link these two things? Simple fact that gahmen got their policy wrong is not resolve by a video of a chinese racist

Well, of course it's linked because it's part of managing public perceptions and diffusing outcry, especially within the online sphere. I rest my case and I will stop here, else people accuse me of being an opposition IB. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Lucky my family not racist.

My own FIL married a Japanese.

image.png.e423d471eb369430f272dbaf37557bae.png

Bro, I think both you and your FIL have same taste leh. 😁

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

What you trying to tell us ?????  :slow:

'69' as numbers or position .... 

I notice both party's mouths are open big big.  

So.....  paging for clarification from @Mustank

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2