Racism in Singapore: Singaporean man told to date people of his own ethnicity

BabyBlade

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Teachers must be very mindful with their fb postings. I think most of them would restrict their privacy to friends only.

1st, why must post everything in FB? 2nd truly everything in FB is the truth? I generally ignore FB posting because they aren't official website. Silly ministers are also using such social media to post messages. Why not tik tok? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Silly ministers are also using such social media to post messages. Why not tik tok? 

B'cos, they think they can reach the 'ground' with FB and some times even posted like "cutting ribbon for a bus stop", ...... etc.   :lll._.:

They forgot maybe only 3/4 or 75% of population uses FB and out of this, 0.5% are out to rant rant rant. The rest are all talking rubbish like posting pictures of what they eat in hawker centres, blah blah on who's birthday, where they go, .... etc.  Only good within their circles of friends niah.   :ignoring:

Most on the 'ground' negative sentiments are filtered by those "sar Kar" and only the good ones pass through ...  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

I myself don't use FB or post anything. Regrets adding the FB App to my HP and now trying to un-install it facing problem. (Anyone can help to post the steps to un-install FB from my HP). Every morning have to clear 100 plus of "Friend Request" from Indians, Bangalas, Philipinos, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thai, local .. etc ... :pissed-off:       

• Haha! 5

29 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I myself don't use FB or post anything. Regrets adding the FB App to my HP and now trying to un-install it facing problem. (Anyone can help to post the steps to un-install FB from my HP). Every morning have to clear 100 plus of "Friend Request" from Indians, Bangalas, Philipinos, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thai, local .. etc ... :pissed-off:       

i read somewhere before sometime back that the fb app eats a relatively large amount of battery power even when not in use .. 😂

can go to playstore to just uninstall?

If want honey, you need money

Not race 

Who can say no to money for nothing and chicks for free :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
15 hours ago, Victor68 said:

1st, why must post everything in FB? 2nd truly everything in FB is the truth? I generally ignore FB posting because they aren't official website. Silly ministers are also using such social media to post messages. Why not tik tok? 

Why tik tok? Same also!

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

depending on what phone, my xiaomi can disable facebook using this "hidden setting" app 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ceyhan.sets&hl=en_IN

my conclusion is anything u go social media is better then go police station.

go police station they do filing record ask u sign on paper and wait. 

go social media , u see tp act , police act, minister come out talk, opposition also join in. 

7 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

B'cos, they think they can reach the 'ground' with FB and some times even posted like "cutting ribbon for a bus stop", ...... etc.   :lll._.:

They forgot maybe only 3/4 or 75% of population uses FB and out of this, 0.5% are out to rant rant rant. The rest are all talking rubbish like posting pictures of what they eat in hawker centres, blah blah on who's birthday, where they go, .... etc.  Only good within their circles of friends niah.   :ignoring:

Most on the 'ground' negative sentiments are filtered by those "sar Kar" and only the good ones pass through ...  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Ppl using FB already consider as Boomer.

Those that don't use I also don't know call what.

You have all these friend request due to your privacy setting.

Don't blame the apps.

Politicians from both ruling and oppo use FB to reach out.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Ppl using FB already consider as Boomer.

Those that don't use I also don't know call what.

You have all these friend request due to your privacy setting.

Don't blame the apps.

Politicians from both ruling and oppo use FB to reach out.

Done my privacy setting blocking whatever I can block. 

Still receiving "Friends Request" daily. :sick:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

my conclusion is anything u go social media is better then go police station.

go police station they do filing record ask u sign on paper and wait. 

go social media , u see tp act , police act, minister come out talk, opposition also join in. 

Very true. Proper channel all act blur. Once social media, cannot hide then need to clarify. Of course you must have facts before posting,  otherwise they hammer you right and left

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Done my privacy setting blocking whatever I can block. 

Still receiving "Friends Request" daily. :sick:

What's your setting under "How people can find and contact you - Who can send you friend requests?"

I don't get much friend request

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Jellandross said:

I just want to get this off my chest. 

Be it Pritam Singh, K Shanmugam, Chan Chun Sing and Edwin Tong etc, it's expected to enforce the notion of zero racism. That's completely expected. But let me say this, none of the above big wigs within the parliament gave a whimper or whisper about Ramesh verbally abusing an elderly Chinese security guard not too long ago. Except Tharman who got the guts to speak out against Ramesh later on in public. I quote Ramesh,

"I buy your f*cking property for $1.5 million. This is $1.5 million you know? This is Diwali weekend you know? There will be a lot of visitors visiting Indians.You celebrate Chinese New Year right? I teach you okay?" 

Granted it's not really a blatant in your face racial abuse, the underlying notions on racism and race superiority is still obvious. Just because the uncle is a low earning elderly Chinese, does it give Ramesh the right to behave like this? 

Is it simply because it's a minority race abusing a majority race? Is it because it's an Indian national from India abusing a Chinese Singaporean and the authorities kept quiet? Does it mean if it's only when a minority race gets the short end of the stick, then everyone should then speak up just so it's politically correct? 

Come on lah, this kind of hypocrisy conflicted what the authorities are preaching here. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 6

8 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I just want to get this off my chest. 

Be it Pritam Singh, K Shanmugam, Chan Chun Sing and Edwin Tong etc, it's expected to enforce the notion of zero racism. That's completely expected. But let me say this, none of the above big wigs within the parliament gave a whimper or whisper about Ramesh verbally abusing an elderly Chinese security guard not too long ago. Except Tharman who got the guts to speak out against Ramesh later on in public. I quote Ramesh,

"I buy your f*cking property for $1.5 million. This is $1.5 million you know? This is Diwali weekend you know? There will be a lot of visitors visiting Indians.You celebrate Chinese New Year right? I teach you okay?" 

Granted it's not really a blatant in your face racial abuse, the underlying notions on racism and race superiority is still obvious. Just because the uncle is a low earning elderly Chinese, does it give Ramesh the right to behave like this? 

Is it simply because it's a minority race abusing a majority race? Is it because it's an Indian national from India abusing a Chinese Singaporean and the authorities kept quiet? Does it mean if it's only when a minority race gets the short end of the stick, then everyone should then speak up just so it's politically correct? 

Come on lah, this kind of hypocrisy conflicted what the authorities are preaching here. 

On Ramesh case, both side of the Aisle is SILENT.

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

On Ramesh case, both side of the Aisle is SILENT.

Tharman did spoke out against Ramesh publicly later on, and applauded the elderly Chinese uncle for handling the thinly veiled racial abuse with grace. 

The reactions from the authorities? Just 2 MPs spoke about this in public to push for a harassment act to protect security guards, and a few individuals who harassed and doxed Ramesh got punished. 

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1

Twincharged
On 6/6/2021 at 5:41 PM, Ash2017 said:

Racist / Nationalist etc are never going away. Why are we just kidding ourselves.

Its like the Covid virus it is here to stay and probably be endemic.

Its human nature.

Doesn't mean we don't hear of it, it does not exist. It appears only when something trigger it.

Let see, what about elitisms, intergender, Indians with varying caste (more evident with imports), even discrimination better dogs and cats in HDB, schools (are all schools good schools), the underprivileged (try building HDB flats in Bukit Timah GCB area), etc.

We should learn to accept it and managed it. As LKY would say, grow up.

As we moved towards a more public funded entity, I need to show we have an accountable unbias media. Its seems my reservist rank is akan datang. 

Actually that to me is stereotype not really racism leh. Being racism is more then what the polytechnic lecturer does leh. Human is not perfect and if we want to have a perfect society, then we are just day dreaming as there is no such thing as perfect society. The reason is because there are many billions people in the world. Can't be all are so perfect right? Okay let's shrink down to 5 million population in Singapore. You mean all 5 million population are so perfect? Yes kinda agree that he should mind his own business and nothing would had happened. 

Twincharged
On 6/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, Jellandross said:

I work in a private company where all employees have to attend and sign off on mandatory code of conduct trainings every year including topics on racial/cultural/gender/LGBT diversity and inclusivity. This is a HR necessity for most companies who operate globally across geos, cultures and races, etc, to ensure they attract, manage and retain the best talents possible. There are also established HR processes to blow the whistle on offenders against such policies.

I remember when chatting on this topic to some friends who only worked in phua chu kang pte ltd type companies, I didn't expect that it turned out to be a very foreign if not shocking concept to them. Some classic responses were...

"Why your company have to hire homo!?"

"What's wrong with stating race as a prerequisite for job opening?"

"Our boss always tell women to be in charge of serving drinks during meetings."

So I guess depending on individual family upbringing, social life experiences and work cultures (which make up a big part of our lives), it'll shape our beliefs and views on diversity and inclusivity.

That being said have diversity is good.. can't be all human are supposed to think in the same way. It's not possible.. how to think in the same way when there are so many people in the world. Think this one is because of social media that magnified it and make it seems like it's a big case.

Last time where got such video taking and post on social media and then spread and then magnified it one? Most likely will be between him and the other guy and perhaps other passerby and that's it. Now... Video posting and then gg. Not saying video posting in social media is no good, but then we need to be careful that to need to see the trend as in does it really happened more frequently or is it because of social media video posting that make it seems like it happened more frequently? There is a clear difference between the 2..

↡ Advertisement