GSS 2021 join forces with Lazada

Blueray

Great Singapore Sale 2021 to join forces with Lazada to boost reach online

The GSS will run from June 6 to July 7 and feature four weeks of product promotions spanning categories such as technology, groceries, health and beauty.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/great-singapore-sale-2021-to-join-forces-with-lazada-amid-covid-19

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Internal Moderator
37 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Great Singapore Sale 2021 to join forces with Lazada to boost reach online

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/great-singapore-sale-2021-to-join-forces-with-lazada-amid-covid-19

Is it time to buy a TV for my room!? Anw nowadays so many sale going on. 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.4, 5.5, 6.6, 7.7, 8.8, 9.9, 10.10, 11.11, 12.12. Based on personal experience, year end ones still offer the best discounts. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Is it time to buy a TV for my room!? Anw nowadays so many sale going on. 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.4, 5.5, 6.6, 7.7, 8.8, 9.9, 10.10, 11.11, 12.12. Based on personal experience, year end ones still offer the best discounts. 

think bedroom should not have TV.

laptop can already.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

if really need it, anytime is a good time to buy, ask @discoburg[laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

tv very cheap these days. get a xiaomi or something can already.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I think I need a new basic laptop, any one spot any good lobang this GSS ? 

Maybe just a decent processor,  8GB Ram, and 256GB SSD... 

Current one quite jialat liao...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

I think I need a new basic laptop, any one spot any good lobang this GSS ? 

Maybe just a decent processor,  8GB Ram, and 256GB SSD... 

Current one quite jialat liao...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Refurbished T440.  Quite a few.  Going for $299.

OR get the T460.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, RadX said:

Refurbished T440.  Quite a few.  Going for $299.

OR get the T460.

Or would it be a better choice to get the current one repaired? 

Acer Aspire V5, I5 processor, 8 GB Ram,  been quite a few years.  2 yrs back HD gave up and changed to 256GB SSD,  then wifi hardware down and now using external adapter.  

Recently Bluetooth going,  and battery long gone.  

So thinking if worth it to replace those items or might as well buy a new basic model.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Just now, Tianmo said:

Acer Aspire V5, I5 processor, 8 GB Ram,  been quite a few years.  2 yrs back HD gave up and changed to 256GB SSD,  then wifi hardware down and now using external adapter.  

So thinking if worth it to replace those items or might as well buy a new basic model.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

think this one my grandmother use hahaha

not worth bro.  Keep it as a spare for the parts.  Some of the parts can be re-cycled.  Ask ur boy to learn how to upgrade it hahaha

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Limpeh show u… still using my t420

i5

20gb ram

8tb ssd

u say la😂😂

67AD6670-8334-4818-975D-FE31DDDBC6C0.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, RadX said:

think this one my grandmother use hahaha

not worth bro.  Keep it as a spare for the parts.  Some of the parts can be re-cycled.  Ask ur boy to learn how to upgrade it hahaha

OK, you the sexpert in this area,  later I go see the T440. Thanks man..  [thumbsup]^_^[laugh]

My boy now farking busy, preparing for Os, and training hard.  Beside his electric guitar,  hardly touch anything else.  Think keep for next year when he free can open up and play ard with it...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

OK, you the sexpert in this area,  later I go see the T440. Thanks man..  [thumbsup]^_^[laugh]

My boy now farking busy, preparing for Os, and training hard.  Beside his electric guitar,  hardly touch anything else.  Think keep for next year when he free can open up and play ard with it...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hmm buy something on black Friday after his O levels. He will be going poly right? He will need something portable to bring to school and depends on his like. 

He may want a 2 in 1 (tablet touch screen) vs a traditional laptop. 

Maybe a 14 inch vs 15 inch. Can consider lenovo ideapad 5/5i 14" vs 15". Do pay the extra for a 3 year on site warranty though. Laptop warranty service here is very bad. That's why I don't really fancy acer or Asus or dell consumer line. 

I also need another machine for hbl next year onwards. Im waiting to see what the lenovo ideapad 5 pro costs here. 

Thinkpads (commercial use) are good if u want something more robust and more reliable. More expensive but poorer specs vis a vis consumer lineup. But definitely more reliable in terms of breakdown. 

Or if he likes apple or don't mind paying more. Can't beat the macbooks for performance, QC and reliability as a package. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, RadX said:

Limpeh show u… still using my t420

i5

20gb ram

8tb ssd

u say la😂😂

67AD6670-8334-4818-975D-FE31DDDBC6C0.jpeg

Why you need 8tb SSD? hahaha. Got so many car photos or obituaries to store meh? :grin:

• Haha! 5

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Why you need 8tb SSD? hahaha. Got so many car photos or obituaries to store meh? :grin:

data centre hahhaha

no la...that time has offer.  Samsung 8tb, free 34 in ch monitor....grab li

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Thought 6.6 sale just over. Lol keep seeing Mark Lee on my YouTube. 

yeah, this GSS very low key, guess P2HA not helping the event too.

the Mark Lee Shopee ad is terrible. guess budget went to him and now shopee very little cashback coupons. [laugh]

before online became a big thing, my go to places during GSS were Taka and Robinsons/John Little. oh wells ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3