GSS 2021 join forces with Lazada

Blueray

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Jamesc said:

TVs have never been cheaper.

40 inch for $269 or less.

Just buy lah.

:D

I think with 8K tv on the next release, everyone clearing stock.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

why would u need 8k.

4k already has 4 times more pixels than 1080p.

1hr of true 8k streaming = 75gb of data.. [laugh]

Robinsons Singapore is coming back in June – as an online department store

The site at www.robinsons.com.sg, described in the Thursday (Jun 10) media release as “a fully digital, state-of-the-art, vertically integrated online department store", will go live on Jun 24.

It will offer more than 200 specially-curated brands, including some familiar ones, some homegrown ones, as well as some that are new-to-market.

Visitors to the site now can submit their e-mail address to register for early access and to receive exclusive special offers.

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/robinsons-singapore-returns-online-department-store-june-14984304

• Praise 3

On 6/7/2021 at 11:07 AM, Lala81 said:

Problem with thinkpad is the price. An E14 Intel variant is the cheapest locally(14 inch screen).My workplace laptop is an E14. Definitely like the keyboard. Screen OK but not color accurate based on reviews. 

Actually the Macbook air is a good fit for u. Does its job well if u don't mind the slightly smaller screen.

My wife's MBA is about 11 years old. We hardly use it and it has two spoilt lcd lines, but it still works.

But we getting older, not sure if our eyes like the smaller screens and fonts ha. 

Last night play ard with my son MacBook pro,  actually quite fun working the pad with the 2 fingers,  3 fingers thing.  Can enlarge the screen and quite easy to work.  

Check my daughter new MacBook pro,  actually very light,  so the MacBook air is even lighter I think. 

But my son commented that MacBook pro the fan comes on very easy and quite fast, so could be it heat up easily?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Last night play ard with my son MacBook pro,  actually quite fun working the pad with the 2 fingers,  3 fingers thing.  Can enlarge the screen and quite easy to work.  

Check my daughter new MacBook pro,  actually very light,  so the MacBook air is even lighter I think. 

But my son commented that MacBook pro the fan comes on very easy and quite fast, so could be it heat up easily?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

that's cos it's the Intel chips which require high power draw and apple cant be bothered to make a good cooling solution cos of aesthetics.

the M1 chips should have much lower power draw. Reviewers have commented that much less fan noise.
So get the 2020/2021 versions of MBA, MBpro

Apple has the best touchpads. But their keyboard comfort may not be there for the MBpro (cos of the typing travel and hard edge below your wrist) vs the MBA. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 6:26 AM, Tianmo said:

I think I need a new basic laptop, any one spot any good lobang this GSS ? 

Maybe just a decent processor,  8GB Ram, and 256GB SSD... 

Current one quite jialat liao...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I would suggest the Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. What I like is the 3:2 screen ratio which gives you more vertical space, so reading online newspaper or forum with scrolling pages is easy. Also it is a touchscreen that you can purchase the digital stylus to write on the screen. You can sign forms digitally, can annotate photos or documents. You can screenshot a news article and then highlight or draw on it.

With the touchscreen, you can also use your fingers to scroll the pages or enlarge the screen for the old flower eyes.

Do get it from official Microsoft website only. Since your kid in tertiary institutions, can apply for student pricing.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.Zh24g

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 8:19 AM, Tianmo said:

Or would it be a better choice to get the current one repaired? 

Acer Aspire V5, I5 processor, 8 GB Ram,  been quite a few years.  2 yrs back HD gave up and changed to 256GB SSD,  then wifi hardware down and now using external adapter.  

Recently Bluetooth going,  and battery long gone.  

So thinking if worth it to replace those items or might as well buy a new basic model.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i had a v5-573pg for over 6 yrs!

got a sf514-54gt in feb this year! very good deal! on shoppee!

Edited by Wildfaye29
add info
  • Praise 1

On 6/7/2021 at 8:03 AM, RadX said:

Refurbished T440.  Quite a few.  Going for $299.

OR get the T460.

Thinking of getting a used laptop, is the seller reliable? 

1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

Thinking of getting a used laptop, is the seller reliable? 

jus make sure refurbished

laptop house is ok.  Dealt with them b4.  Have a physical shop

51 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

i had a v5-573pg for over 6 yrs!

got a sf514-54gt in feb this year! very good deal! on shoppee!

Now that you have mentioned, I just checked back, and yah mine is also an Aspire V5-573PG,  since 2013....[jawdrop]

Hard disk went dead in 2018, after that slowly item by item started to break down, 8 years liao, and still hanging on to it.....

Really is time to get a new one.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Now that you have mentioned, I just checked back, and yah mine is also an Aspire V5-573PG,  since 2013....[jawdrop]

Hard disk went dead in 2018, after that slowly item by item started to break down, 8 years liao, and still hanging on to it.....

Can dispose liao bro. hahah. But remember to dispose correctly ah.

https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/waste-management/3r-programmes-and-resources/e-waste-management/where-to-recycle-e-waste

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The most vfm 1.5k spent! $200 dep year. Less than $1 per day!

I chg to a ssd too. Upgrade the ram. But it just got slower n slower. And the screen hinge broke, so it's always open.

Wifi n Bluetooth slow and laggy. Time for a new one!

Oh I just checked. I bought the swift 5 on lazada. The promo price was better than shopee then.

Compare before u click buy!

• Praise 1

On 7/19/2023 at 12:05 PM, Watwheels said:

Maybe it has become redundant. Now like every month got sale eg. 1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 etc

yeah, same as all the blueprints for Orchard Road resurrection rejuvenation, end up just ppt slides only. :XD:

• Haha! 1

On 7/19/2023 at 12:11 PM, Blueray said:

yeah, same as all the blueprints for Orchard Road resurrection rejuvenation, end up just ppt slides only. :XD:

Their rejuvenation likely put up deco, bling bling here and there along Orchard Rd. Ppl and tourists go there take selfie, dine and shop. The usual.

On 7/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, Watwheels said:

Their rejuvenation likely put up deco, bling bling here and there along Orchard Rd. Ppl and tourists go there take selfie, dine and shop. The usual.

ya, same old same old lor. used to time my leave with HK summer sales. price and variety there is something Orchard Road cannot beat one. during school days Far East Plaza bus stop was the frequent meeting spot on weekends. one month can go Orchard Road 3 - 4 times. since then consumer retail scene has moved very quickly with air travel and online. Orchard Road just fell behind. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1