Calculative or creative landlord? Eee...

SGMCF328

Turbocharged
(edited)

Like that also can. If I am the tenant, I will shift out too. I personally find the landlord is asking too much for just a room. 

Calculative landlord? Tenant moves out after 'contract' demands additional $400 rent during lockdown

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/calculative-landlord-tenant-moves-out-after-contract-demands-additional-400-rent-during

20210607_contract.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1170172693445997&set=gm.1494967074171352

Going by the T&C, the monthly rent would be doubled if the tenant has to work from home full time. $800 for a room, thanks but no thanks. 

Edited by SGMCF328
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

17 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

Like that also can. If I am the tenant, I will shift out too. I personally find the landlord is asking too much for just a room. 

Calculative landlord? Tenant moves out after 'contract' demands additional $400 rent during lockdown

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/calculative-landlord-tenant-moves-out-after-contract-demands-additional-400-rent-during

20210607_contract.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1170172693445997&set=gm.1494967074171352

Going by the T&C, the monthly rent would be doubled if the tenant has to work from home full time. $800 for a room, thanks but no thanks. 

isnt it quite ridiculous to try to charge by how much time the tenant is in the room?

so if the tenant goes out more, to walk in the park, can get rebate on rent?

the rent is on a per day basis, not on the time spent in the room - so the same rent should be payable whether the tenant is on holiday away or sitting 24 hour in the room .. someone should tell the guy that this is not an hdb car park ..

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Speaking as a current landlord, this is ridiculous. 

I foresee a lot of not-so-minor repairs being flagged by the tenant very soon. 

Hypersonic

I want to rent out a room to air stewardess and I won't charge her more if she at home everyday but I also won't give rebates if she is always flying.

:D

Wife don't allow only.

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Mooose said:

isnt it quite ridiculous to try to charge by how much time the tenant is in the room?

so if the tenant goes out more, to walk in the park, can get rebate on rent?

the rent is on a per day basis, not on the time spent in the room - so the same rent should be payable whether the tenant is on holiday away or sitting 24 hour in the room .. someone should tell the guy that this is not an hdb car park ..

Timeclock at office, fine........ but now also at home?

Funny, years ago we had the same discussion with our landlord about our office parking spaces. He said "Cannot leave car here over the weekend, not working day." We promptly put him straight on that confirming we pay office rate per month so the carpark goes with the office. Given I had outdoor parking at home, whenever I went on holiday or oversea trip I also left the car at the office. I pay for a space/home, it is there whenever I need it and for however long.

In this case, there could have been an argument to be made for higher electric bills of the landlord and a lot of companies even pay/paid extra to the employee for just a purpose, so a very simple, quiet side-by-side could have been handled to say "Look, extra $50/month can? Settle extra costs, and you claim from company?"

• Praise 2

(edited)

heard this over radio yesterday evening. 

if the landlord want such term he should inform the tenant before signing the lease.

not after the lease is sign. which is not fair.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I want to rent out a room to air stewardess and I won't charge her more if she at home everyday but I also won't give rebates if she is always flying.

Wife don't allow only.

Rather than give her a room, I'd prefer to give her a position on my staff. 😁

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Rather than give her a room, I'd prefer to give her a position on my staff. 😁

Yes I always feel women should be on top too.

• Haha! 1

$400 for a Shared Bedroom with so many unreasonable T&C.  Truly "not suitable for living" as said by the young man.   Greedy landlady probably came up with the rules to make up for her loss in earnings for the other empty bed. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I don't care what her racing record is, I am always ready to put Danica in pole position. 😁

• Haha! 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

sometime i really wonder if your wife surf MCF😆

Edited by Beregond

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

sometime i really wonder if your wife surf MCF😆

Of course not!

And please don't show her what I post about her mother.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

If I rented a room to an air stewardess I will give a discount if she home all day not flying and another discount if she shared the room.

Twincharged
(edited)

Anyway he can don’t pay and drag it out. To make sure the deposit i gotten back. Landlords have to jump thru hoops to evict the tenant. 

Edited by Mkl22

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Anyway he can don’t pay and drag it out. To make sure the deposit i gotten back. Landlords have to jump thru hoops to evict the tenant. 

Spot on! In Singapore, the law protects the tenants more than landlords.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, bsswan said:

Timeclock at office, fine........ but now also at home?

Funny, years ago we had the same discussion with our landlord about our office parking spaces. He said "Cannot leave car here over the weekend, not working day." We promptly put him straight on that confirming we pay office rate per month so the carpark goes with the office. Given I had outdoor parking at home, whenever I went on holiday or oversea trip I also left the car at the office. I pay for a space/home, it is there whenever I need it and for however long.

In this case, there could have been an argument to be made for higher electric bills of the landlord and a lot of companies even pay/paid extra to the employee for just a purpose, so a very simple, quiet side-by-side could have been handled to say "Look, extra $50/month can? Settle extra costs, and you claim from company?"

I think there are more than meets the eye.

Perhaps the landlord already buey song the tenant or vice-versa, therefore, got to resort to writing a note like this. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Spot on! In Singapore, the law protects the tenants more than landlords.

maybe so. I read about that one guy who cheated multiple landlords out of years of rental payments.

ut what if the landlord just changes the locks? I think I am gangster like that

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
↡ Advertisement