She didn’t know she’d married a man on the autism spectrum. Neither did her hubby

Ender

Wah, quite significant on the spectrum.   Do I need to seek professional help, or is it too late for a mid 50 guy. Might as well live with it for the rest of my life. Will impact my family if I live with it?😅

Test yourself.  Maybe the test buay zhun, everyone will need further advise from the link.

https://psychology-tools.com/test/autism-spectrum-quotient

image.thumb.png.328756b4b0af93d02c23120c9197d60b.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Ender said:

Wah, quite significant on the spectrum.   Do I need to seek professional help, or is it too late for a mid 50 guy. Might as well live with it for the rest of my life. Will impact my family if I live with it?😅

Test yourself.  Maybe the test buay zhun, everyone will need further advise from the link.

https://psychology-tools.com/test/autism-spectrum-quotient

after 50 many of your perceptions will change, to some extend very different from what you do while you were younger.

Instead of suspect it was autism, maybe should call it stubborn, anti-social, 看不顺眼,龟毛,bo chap, dun give a damn [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

after 50 many of your perceptions will change, to some extend very different from what you do while you were younger.

Instead of suspect it was autism, maybe should call it stubborn, anti-social, 看不顺眼,龟毛,bo chap, dun give a damn [laugh]

I think you are right on the 2nd part. It's old man being stubborn and sometime difficult. Part of aging I guess. 😅

• Haha! 1

I got terrible OCD but I don't care.

I run rub must have very set pattern one.

I don't like to miss any part out.

Not even one inch.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Nothing to be emotional about it. People need to accept it as part of our personality. It doesn't have to be labelled as a syndrome and catered for. This is just too "woke" IMHO

I know someone who's very straightforward doesn't mince his words. But nice guy in his own way. You know if anything he doesn't like, or feels is wrong, he will say out straight. Might be classified autistic these days... But he went through life without such label and we all accepted him as he is!

Psychology is a pseudo-science inventing all these disorders which are just normal variations in human personalities 

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Ender said:

I think you are right on the 2nd part. It's old man being stubborn and sometime difficult. Part of aging I guess. 😅

part of is probably not giving a sh*t anymore abt things that don't matter 😄

btw my score was 26/50 but i'm a bit younger than you, so i have time to catch up!

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

part of is probably not giving a sh*t anymore abt things that don't matter 😄

btw my score was 26/50 but i'm a bit younger than you, so i have time to catch up!

I scored 23 while doing its in the office

Second try. 17!

Screenshot_20221223-204532_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

50 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

31E0A730-C8FD-44C3-BA0B-C811B378F032.png

Heng,  you are still young man. Not a stubborn, and difficult old man.

• Haha! 2

My boy when he was 3 years old. Is that normal? He REALLY love numbers.....

I scored 30 in the survey.

Edited by Wind30

5 hours ago, Wind30 said:

My son was MRT stations.. LOL..  He collected MRT maps, and memorised all the station numbers and corresponding names. Thought he would become one of those bus or train ottaku with no social life. hahaha.. Lucky he grew out of it, and pursuing culinary as his passion and career..

5 hours ago, Wind30 said:

It's normal...i love numbers too...but limited to between 0000 and 9999 only 😁

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Ender said:

My son was MRT stations.. LOL..  He collected MRT maps, and memorised all the station numbers and corresponding names. Thought he would become one of those bus or train ottaku with no social life. hahaha.. Lucky he grew out of it, and pursuing culinary as his passion and career..

Similar to my son...he would looked and studied the map on the flier of Singapore Flyer instead of looking out of the capsule...my one year membership spent on him was wasted 😂

On 12/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, Jamesc said:

I got terrible OCD but I don't care.

I run rub must have very set pattern one.

I don't like to miss any part out.

Not even one inch.

:D

OCD trait is even more common

Most of us have a little bit of every trait (OCD, attention deficit, hyper activity, autism etc)

Embrace our beautiful imperfections and flaws.

Merry Christmas!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Newbie26 said:

OCD trait is even more common

Most of us have a little bit of every trait (OCD, attention deficit, hyper activity, autism etc)

Embrace our beautiful imperfections and flaws.

Merry Christmas!

image.png.24fc724c0f3e68739a81b048a7ad36af.png

↡ Advertisement