Robinsons S'pore relaunching as online store on June 24, 2021

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Untitled-collage-2021-06-10T100902.173.j

Robinsons Singapore is returning as Robinsons Online, a fully digital online department store that will launch on June 24, 2021.

Robinsons Online

Robinsons Online will offer over 200 brands including those that are "familiar, homegrown and new-to-market".

Customers can also expect "exciting collaborations" that will debut on the new platform.

According to incoming Managing Director of Robinsons Singapore, Jordan Prainito, Singaporeans will be hired to fill various positions, while two former Robinsons' employees already hired.

The new website can be assessed here when it launches on June 24.

Physical stores' closure

The department store was founded in Singapore 162 years ago in 1858.

The company announced in Oct. 2020 that it will be closing its last two outlets in Singapore at The Heeren and Raffles City Shopping Mall.

The Business Times reported that the department store operator had been put under a creditors' voluntary winding up.

The Heeren outlet closed on Dec. 16, 2020, and its last outlet at Raffles City closed its doors permanently in Jan. 2021.

photo_2021-01-04_18-03-05.jpeg

photo_2021-01-04_17-47-33.jpeg

I personally think that it is hard for robinsons to compete with the big 3 ecommerece giant here. (Lazada, Shopee & Qoo10)

what can they offer to us that these 3 cannot?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Untitled-collage-2021-06-10T100902.173.j

Robinsons Singapore is returning as Robinsons Online, a fully digital online department store that will launch on June 24, 2021.

Robinsons Online

Robinsons Online will offer over 200 brands including those that are "familiar, homegrown and new-to-market".

Customers can also expect "exciting collaborations" that will debut on the new platform.

According to incoming Managing Director of Robinsons Singapore, Jordan Prainito, Singaporeans will be hired to fill various positions, while two former Robinsons' employees already hired.

Physical stores' closure

The company announced in Oct. 2020 that it will be closing its last two outlets in Singapore at The Heeren and Raffles City Shopping Mall.

The Business Times reported that the department store operator had been put under a creditors' voluntary winding up.

The Heeren outlet closed on Dec. 16, 2020, and its last outlet at Raffles City closed its doors permanently in Jan. 2021.

Ahemm....unker auntie shop online meh?

• Haha! 3

maybe they more focus in certain category. more variety maybe in clothing etc , some unique design etc

i look for some stuff on lazada i only got 2 option , the same stuff i go taobao i got 20 option at cheaper price.

last time got taobao and lazada, but shopee can still come out get a big share of the market and do well.

• Haha! 1

(edited)

At least more reassuring that its not a fake/imitation items from branded goods. 

We see a lot of that on shoopee. Lazada etc 

At the end of the day, price rules. Not cheap, go fly kite. 

Edited by Hamburger

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

maybe they more focus in certain category. more variety maybe in clothing etc , some unique design etc

i look for some stuff on lazada i only got 2 option , the same stuff i go taobao i got 20 option at cheaper price.

last time got taobao and lazada, but shopee can still come out get a big share of the market and do well.

You are very optimistic. hahahahah. 

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Blueray said:

a bit late to the online game imho.

for apparels online, Zalora is pretty comprehensive. 

Yah. Asos also very easy to shop.

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

looked at asos a few times, in the end still using zalora for apparels cos better selection and discount.

quite a few brands have official stores on zalora. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

yup for apparels and shoes I will usually get from Zalora and Asos, no scare of fake. But Zalora seem like giving out a lot of discount for old stocks, if no discount a bit hard. Some time I get further 25%-40% discount from shopback. 

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

yup for apparels and shoes I will usually get from Zalora and Asos, no scare of fake. But Zalora seem like giving out a lot of discount for old stocks, if no discount a bit hard. Some time I get further 25%-40% discount from shopback. 

I think you shop more than me. Hhahahahaha.

Internal Moderator
32 minutes ago, Blueray said:

looked at asos a few times, in the end still using zalora for apparels cos better selection and discount.

quite a few brands have official stores on zalora. 

30 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I am quite surprised with zalora. haha. I hardly shop there one.

my go to is Cotton on or uniqlo. hahaha.

37 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

You are very optimistic. hahahahah. 

actually do business is like that.

what trade can u find in sg that no 1 is doing?

makan, u can find all type and pattern of makan in sg, yet new 1 keep popping up every week.

car ws, tyre shop, grooming? plenty around, still got alot of new players entering. 

infact online retail only got that few players, and the fact that they making alot of money mean there is still rooms for more players and still room to give even better price.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Robinsons Online

Physical stores' closure

Spoiler

Spoiler

:lll._.:, like that also can.

(edited)
5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am quite surprised with zalora. haha. I hardly shop there one.

my go to is Cotton on or uniqlo. hahaha.

i go Zaolra and put stuff I want in cart or on wishlist.

then wait for 40% discount promo code. [laugh]

online apparel business is quite competitive.

if Robinson online offers unknown brands at premium prices like at The Hereen last time, then their website will be very quiet.

Edited by Blueray
  • Haha! 1

they have to be innovative loh. like last time when tyrepac start who would have thought u can buy tyres on line and they send a mobile truck to your place to change your tyres for u on the spot.

now they dun have retail shop, the money save can do a mobile fitting room? send the actual clothes to carpark let u step into the truck and test ?

when everybody have the same price, the level and type of service will be decisive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1