Petlas Tyres

Shouyi

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Anyone on Petlas tyres, esp Velox Sport PT741 ? Feedback appreciated. Thanks. 

https://www.facebook.com/petlassingapore

If you are not a private hire or your car is only left less than 6 months to scape, I will suggest you to go with more renowned tyres brand like goodyear, Pirelli or bridgestone.

After all, there is an old saying that says the only thing that has contact between your car and the road is the tyres. Don't scrimp that little saving without buying some assurance. 

It is like buying insurance. Nobody needs to buy insurance but everyone buys because of assurance. So choose good tyres and when you really brake hard and wanna avoid an accident, there are vast differences between these tyres.

And when you are familiar with your car, the next best thing that you can upgrade is your tyre, it helps with the characteristic of your car, so if you are an enthusiast, don't save on tyres. 

• Praise 4

10 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Petlas Tyres are from Turkey,i heard my Doctor Friend using it,quite Good,cheaper than Bridgestone.

Petlas has received positive reviews from 2 of my friends. And they are not the kind that uses Touradors/Nankang/Thunderer etc  !!! 😄

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3

On 6/11/2021 at 5:59 PM, kobayashiGT said:

If you are not a private hire or your car is only left less than 6 months to scape, I will suggest you to go with more renowned tyres brand like goodyear, Pirelli or bridgestone.

After all, there is an old saying that says the only thing that has contact between your car and the road is the tyres. Don't scrimp that little saving without buying some assurance. 

It is like buying insurance. Nobody needs to buy insurance but everyone buys because of assurance. So choose good tyres and when you really brake hard and wanna avoid an accident, there are vast differences between these tyres.

And when you are familiar with your car, the next best thing that you can upgrade is your tyre, it helps with the characteristic of your car, so if you are an enthusiast, don't save on tyres

tires are the only contact x 4 between you and road.

is a good investment when safety involve, even for (just my personal thought) PHV or Taxi because of your daily High usage to me is even more critical .

invest in a good tires not just Longer lasting in general and it provide a better handling for all weather enhanced Safety.

just my POV 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
58 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

is a good investment when safety involve, even for (just my personal thought) PHV or Taxi because of your daily High usage to me is even more critical .

invest in a good tires not just Longer lasting in general and it provide a better handling for all weather enhanced Safety.

just my POV 

Yeah. I also think so. But for PHV case, it is a business, so I think not a lot of PHV owner or Car rental company will want to invest in higher quality tyres. they more they spend, the lesser their profit margin. Then again, not all china tyres are bad too. there are brands like Giti and Nankang (from taiwan) are making very good tyres. If they have strong dealership support in SG, I am sure I don't mind trying too!

(edited)
1 hour ago, Roberttan said:

just my POV 

I totally agree with you, this advise have been given by many others including myself. but some people will just look at cost saving rather than anything else until shit happen then they "IF ONLY"! like some people dun buy medical insurance say waste money until when they get cancer or accident than they say if only I bought........ 

To me a good set of tyre is not foolproof but good preventive measure to prevent accident. a difference of breaking distance of even 1m can reduce impact or avoid accident.

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

For me the price gap isn’t large enough. I was quoted for petlas and found that for just $5-10 more I could get Bridgestone or Goodyear. 
for me the best bang for buck tires are kumho PS31. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 5

On 6/11/2021 at 5:59 PM, kobayashiGT said:

If you are a PHV driver you want the best tyres.

If you are a rock climber climbing a mountain you want to use old cheap worn out rope?

Your life depends on it.

:D

On 6/15/2021 at 9:02 AM, Roberttan said:

Just my POV 

No one is going to listen to you or do what you say.

But you are absolutely correct.

Nevermind lah.

(edited)

All of us including me are so blinded by wrong thinking that when someone says something that is true we automatically think it's nonsense or wrong.

But slowly slowly we will learn.

Edited by Jamesc

The problem is thousands of PHV drivers think not my car save money lah no need to change worn out tyres.

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

For me the price gap isn’t large enough. I was quoted for petlas and found that for just $5-10 more I could get Bridgestone or Goodyear
for me the best bang for buck tires are kumho PS31. 

For me bang for buck is GT Radial tyre, kind of a yoko copycat. 

Googled and was surprised its linked to local. 

WHO MAKES GT RADIAL TIRES?

GT Radial tires are manufactured by Giti Tire. The Singapore-based Giti Tire Group is one of the largest tire companies in the world and has been in the tire business since 1951. Giti Tire operates eight manufacturing plants and produces a broad range of tire products, serving major original equipment vehicle manufacturers, auto service outlets, tire dealers and consumers in more than 130 countries worldwide.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
21 hours ago, Hamburger said:

For me bang for buck is GT Radial tyre, kind of a yoko copycat. 

Googled and was surprised its linked to local. 

WHO MAKES GT RADIAL TIRES?

GT Radial tires are manufactured by Giti Tire. The Singapore-based Giti Tire Group is one of the largest tire companies in the world and has been in the tire business since 1951. Giti Tire operates eight manufacturing plants and produces a broad range of tire products, serving major original equipment vehicle manufacturers, auto service outlets, tire dealers and consumers in more than 130 countries worldwide.

I used to think that GT Radial is an Indonesia tyre company......

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I used to think that GT Radial is an Indonesia tyre company......

I also tot petlas is china brand. hahaha. Is a Turkish company.

↡ Advertisement