Budget of $80,000; Which 4yr old sedan or SUV to buy?

tudorpapa

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True that, indeed there are some genuine case where people sell off their car less than 1 year is not for no good reason or the car has problem lo. But i still have doubts lo, cause under normal situation, no one would sell off their car in less than a year, cause lose big big siah. Same theory like when people sell off their hdb flat before 5 year MOP also have to careful on the reason of selling the flat.

Not true that the owners would be losing big big lah. Due to our unique market system dictated by COE level, those new cars of about one year old now can be sold at nearly their purchase prices. The owners might be looking to downgrade to a smaller car or even a COE car depending on his financial status. Personally I got offers at 1 year mark and again at 1year 3month mark very recently that were very close to the purchase price of my car when my backside itchy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Not true that the owners would be losing big big lah. Due to our unique market system dictated by COE level, those new cars of about one year old now can be sold at nearly their purchase prices. The owners might be looking to downgrade to a smaller car or even a COE car depending on his financial status. Personally I got offers at 1 year mark and again at 1year 3month mark very recently that were very close to the purchase price of my car when my backside itchy.

Yup same here! BM mark up the price of the Vios by ~10k even when COE dropped to similar levels when i bought. =D

2 hours ago, tjyand said:

thats the best kind of deal. showroom units / unsold units with little or no mileage and a large discount.  

pml's arm usually have a good selection of these ..

(edited)

All my customers who bought in the last one year can sell the car at or almost the price the price they paid.

So itchy back side is good.

:D

All those with itchy back side please faster come to my showroom.

For ladies come to my upmarket salon spa.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

All my customers who bought in the last one year can sell the car at or almost the price the price they paid.

So itchy back side is good.

:D

All those with itchy back side please faster come to my showroom.

For ladies come to my upmarket salon spa.

and i suppose james can also make money selling back scratchers in addition to used cars 😂

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, Mooose said:

and i suppose james can also make money selling back scratchers in addition to used cars 😂

Maybe he throws in a backscratcher as a welcome gift.

• Haha! 2

New Volkswagen Polo, EPC malfunction repeatedly after repair!!!!

I bought the Volkswagen(VW) Polo from Volkswagen Singapore, collected it on 30 Jul 202. 

From Aug 2021 I started to encounter the EPC warning light malfunction coming with unstable power issues multiple times.

After contacting Volkswagen 24 Hour roadside assistance, the car was towed back to Volkswagen service centre on 5 Oct 2021, and I collected it on 6 Oct 2021 after being informed that the issue has been repaired. I have requested to know the root cause, while I was only told they have done a thorough check and confirmed that nothing is wrong with my car, they have only erased the faulty data. I also highlighted to VW our concern on this issue, as it related to the power control system which is critical for a vehicle, while the VW side told us to rest assured, as they have checked and there is no issue.

On 7 Oct 2021 the EPC malfunction happened again while I was driving, the car was towed back to VW service centre again on 7 Oct 2021 late night. 

I have sent an email to Volkswagen([email protected]) to complain about the defects and requested a manager in charge to contact me.  And there is no one contact me on the issue, so i have to call Volkswagen (6474 8288) to ask the status and requested to speak someone in charge, subsequently one person called back and simply told me they checked the car and needed to change the fuel pump, but they can’t tell any reason or give any assurance after changing. I explained to VW again my concern and worry on the safety for these defects and the need for assurance of this defect. The person from VW mentioned he needed to bring the matter to his management.

Meanwhile, there is a person from Volkswagen who just sent me a Whatsapp message asking me to collect my car, and i have refused to collect and again request a manager to contact me. On 13 Oct 2021, finally a manager called me and simply said the same thing as what the earlier person told me earlier on, they have changed the fuel pump and checked the car all ok and asked me to go and monitor the defect by myself.

I highlighted my concern and worry on the safety due to this defect and asking for the compensation and assurance,but the manager just asked me to drive back the car and monitor the defects, he can’t give any assurance they have repaired it successfully or the defects won’t happen in the next 6 months, and said that’s the purpose of the warranty, if the defects happen again I just need to send the car back again for them to continue to repair. 

It’s so disappointing and frustrating that I have to send my new car back to Volkswagen service centre again and again for repairs, and now my biggest worry is that I don't feel safe continuing driving this car with this defect and Volkswagen can’t give any assurance. I just bought it for 2 months plus, and the mileage is only about 3000km. 

I have lodged a complaint in CASE, hope they can help me protect my right. 

IMG_6611.JPG

So at the end of the day, you wanted compensation for the inconvenience caused?? 

AD replaced the part as they are felt was faulty and that is their responsibility as required. 

Need not kbkp here and there or to see manager to get noticed. The important issue here is the matter might be resolved. 

2 hours ago, DYL said:

New Volkswagen Polo, EPC malfunction repeatedly after repair!!!!

I bought the Volkswagen(VW) Polo from Volkswagen Singapore, collected it on 30 Jul 202. 

From Aug 2021 I started to encounter the EPC warning light malfunction coming with unstable power issues multiple times.

After contacting Volkswagen 24 Hour roadside assistance, the car was towed back to Volkswagen service centre on 5 Oct 2021, and I collected it on 6 Oct 2021 after being informed that the issue has been repaired. I have requested to know the root cause, while I was only told they have done a thorough check and confirmed that nothing is wrong with my car, they have only erased the faulty data. I also highlighted to VW our concern on this issue, as it related to the power control system which is critical for a vehicle, while the VW side told us to rest assured, as they have checked and there is no issue.

On 7 Oct 2021 the EPC malfunction happened again while I was driving, the car was towed back to VW service centre again on 7 Oct 2021 late night. 

I have sent an email to Volkswagen([email protected]) to complain about the defects and requested a manager in charge to contact me.  And there is no one contact me on the issue, so i have to call Volkswagen (6474 8288) to ask the status and requested to speak someone in charge, subsequently one person called back and simply told me they checked the car and needed to change the fuel pump, but they can’t tell any reason or give any assurance after changing. I explained to VW again my concern and worry on the safety for these defects and the need for assurance of this defect. The person from VW mentioned he needed to bring the matter to his management.

Meanwhile, there is a person from Volkswagen who just sent me a Whatsapp message asking me to collect my car, and i have refused to collect and again request a manager to contact me. On 13 Oct 2021, finally a manager called me and simply said the same thing as what the earlier person told me earlier on, they have changed the fuel pump and checked the car all ok and asked me to go and monitor the defect by myself.

I highlighted my concern and worry on the safety due to this defect and asking for the compensation and assurance,but the manager just asked me to drive back the car and monitor the defects, he can’t give any assurance they have repaired it successfully or the defects won’t happen in the next 6 months, and said that’s the purpose of the warranty, if the defects happen again I just need to send the car back again for them to continue to repair. 

It’s so disappointing and frustrating that I have to send my new car back to Volkswagen service centre again and again for repairs, and now my biggest worry is that I don't feel safe continuing driving this car with this defect and Volkswagen can’t give any assurance. I just bought it for 2 months plus, and the mileage is only about 3000km. 

I have lodged a complaint in CASE, hope they can help me protect my right. 

IMG_6611.JPG

Hardly half a year and it has got a big problem. The post so quickly got removed? Why ah? VW a sponsor here? LoL...

↡ Advertisement