Budget of $80,000; Which 4yr old sedan or SUV to buy?

tudorpapa

Supersonic
3 hours ago, tudorpapa said:

Yeah. I am not particular about if it is a PHV car a not. So yeah, to me is just a transport for my work and family. Thanks for the recommendation. I have arranged a viewing and will be checking out today.

Lol....u sound like a (unscrupulous) used car dealer's dream customer 

Be ready to be sold a "1 owner (Lion City Rental), low mileage (odometer clocked), new paint (repainted coz accident b4) Vezel. Previous owner was a retiree/teacher/housewife who only used the car to send kids to school n go to the spa."

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
14 hours ago, Soya said:

Daily misery for 3 years too....

You say until attrage so bad? 😂

Supersonic
(edited)
2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

There's a big reason why almost all of us told you not to get an ex PHV car. It's likely the mileage of ex PHV cars have been tampered with, eg. 300,000km dialed back to 100,000km. You need to be a detective to discern if so as you may end up forking a hefty sum for massive repairs given the amount of road it has covered. Unless you have already set aside like $10,000 for a massive overhaul when getting a cheap ex PHV car?

When I bought my first car, I wasnt sure that I could do distinguish an ex PHV, so I just went to buy a brand new one.

Nowadays any car make/model can be a phv, no matter the car is rented from PHV companies or private owner. As many car owners buy the car themselves also eventually registered their car as phv. Lol.

Edited by 13177

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You say until attrage so bad? 😂

No offence but it's quite a definition of milo tin with wheels. 

Having say that, if there is a manual version, I would buy one for my children to drive. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Having say that, if there is a manual version, I would buy one for my children to drive. 

? why manual.

22 hours ago, tudorpapa said:

If I have a budget of $80,000 and I would like to buy a used car still left 6 years and above. What would you guys recommend? 

I will travel quite a bit for my work so will prefer something that is fuel efficient. Preferably a Sedan or a SUV. Need to put a stroller inside the car. 

I am considering a Toyota prius, But I never driven a hybrid before so I dunno about the maintenance and the upkeeping. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1004028&DL=2469 

Anyone have a better recommendation? 

I would check out the following cars before deciding:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=992565&DL=3817

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1003864&DL=3801

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=987178&DL=2726

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=997038&DL=2531

Personally I would go for Freed hybrid or Subaru XT but everyone have different desires and needs.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

I speak to PHV drivers quite often when i used to take multiple times a week. The Vezel is a very rattle-y car, alot of rattling sounds. In local slang we call it "lok-kok."

One of my reservice buddies works for lion city rentals' fleet management. He agrees that the Vezel is not designed to be a PHV car (more a family car), and as a result it requires alot of repair when driven as a PHV. The Corolla Altis in comparison, is more friendly maintenance wise when used as a PHV.

There is a high probability that any Vezel Hybrid in SG is an ex PHV, so do set aside a sum of money for a big repair should you get one. Also factor in the cost needed to rent a car while it is at the workshop.

My vezel beside the normal 10k servicing only required one change of condenser till which I have shared in the other thread.

My the petrol version able to achieve average 19km/L.

My colleague also own a hybrid vezel. Hardly see him complaining of major repair beside the normal servcing. His hybrid vezel of 4 years ( a year later than me) pretty good condition. Sat in on few occasions but hardly notice any rattling sound. Noise Insulation pretty quiet I reckon.

Most members here shared their experiences of the various makes from their ride in a phv.  If you get a chance to sit in any of the brand(model) privately owned you will noticed the huge difference.

To TS. Very much depend on phv vs a non phv. Do search around.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Hardly see freed or subaru as phv.

your link...Audi so cheap? Wow.

4 hours ago, Brass said:

Shuttle is a legit good idea.

There is no car as versatile as it below 100k.

But must be careful about pi.

Shuttle foot break. 🤔 Abit old school.

TS could consider Used corolla altis on the TNGA platform for reliability and comfort ride plus improved handling over precious generations with ample space Coupled with reasonable fuel economy. Corolla For the win! 🤣😆

Turbocharged

Stretch a few thousand dollars can also get brand new Honda Fit or Toyota Raize , meet criteria and peace of mind (relatively speaking).

42 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

? why manual.

Cos for now whole family hold class 3 license. The fun factor is always there. 😬

3 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

I speak to PHV drivers quite often when i used to take multiple times a week. The Vezel is a very rattle-y car, alot of rattling sounds. In local slang we call it "lok-kok."

One of my reservice buddies works for lion city rentals' fleet management. He agrees that the Vezel is not designed to be a PHV car (more a family car), and as a result it requires alot of repair when driven as a PHV. The Corolla Altis in comparison, is more friendly maintenance wise when used as a PHV.

There is a high probability that any Vezel Hybrid in SG is an ex PHV, so do set aside a sum of money for a big repair should you get one. Also factor in the cost needed to rent a car while it is at the workshop.

Oh, is is something new I am coming across? Cars are designed to be either family cars or PHV cars!

Care to share which car/s are designed to be PHV cars? Worth buying as they are designed to be driven more!

17 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Borneo Sienta is Indon made leh!

Yes. No onep would buy from borneo to use it as phv. right?

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yes. No onep would buy from borneo to use it as phv. right?

Can't say. Individuals may buy and register under PHV scheme.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2