Budget of $80,000; Which 4yr old sedan or SUV to buy?

tudorpapa

5 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Can't say. Individuals may buy and register under PHV scheme.

Is it? If not driving grab why would one want to registered their ride as phv? Borneo price ain't cheap at all. Few ks higher than PI version.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Is it? If not driving grab why would one want to registered their ride as phv? Borneo price ain't cheap at all. Few ks higher than PI version.

I am thinking there are some who can hardly afford to own a car, by registering the car under PHV scheme and drive part time can take care of the car expenses.

Some buyers are not comfortable with PIs.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I am thinking there are some who can hardly afford to own a car, by registering the car under PHV scheme and drive part time can take care of the car expenses.

Some buyers are not comfortable with PIs.

Indeed there are some. A few times when i took ride in Grab, the drivers said their vehicles are their own, I remembered that a few were Honda Vezels/HRVs, one was a Nissan Qashqai, one was a Renault Scenic. I see that generally these self-owned PHV-labelled vehicles their interior are cleaner and nicer, like some leather seats are brown tone, some have trimmings etc, and generally more well-maintained.

• Praise 1

@Kopites 

Im sure there r ppl using the made in Thailand Camry 2l na instead of the mij hybrid Camry as phv. Fyi, BM Camry is much more ex than the pi too

There many ppl who do things without any logic

@DOBIEMKZ I have seen at my block when the  car is actually a family car under PHV scheme. He can have a flexi job and being a car owner. It is a win-win arrangement.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

You say until attrage so bad? 😂

Hamburger say for me liao

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Some men can pretend say go out drive Grab earn some money and the wife hear will be happy. Better than saying go out meet friends for kopi or beer, etc. Sure kenna niam by wife.

But what they do when they are outside is another story altogether.

Guys come on….it’s just a way to get away from naggy wife or partner. Aiyo…..

Been there done that when I was driving Uber, no questions asked.

😎🤪

Edited by Fcw75
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

Supersonic
37 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Indeed there are some. A few times when i took ride in Grab, the drivers said their vehicles are their own, I remembered that a few were Honda Vezels/HRVs, one was a Nissan Qashqai, one was a Renault Scenic. I see that generally these self-owned PHV-labelled vehicles their interior are cleaner and nicer, like some leather seats are brown tone, some have trimmings etc, and generally more well-maintained.

Actually that's the original intention of the "shared economy". To monetise own time and own assets which would otherwise go to waste

In US, many of the Uber or Lyft rides I took were folks who drove on weekends to earn a few extra bucks instead of lazing around watching Netflix at home, ppl who had flexible work hours so make use of downtime. Even had one ride where the driver was in a business suit as he just got off work n was headed home as my hotel was on the way

But in Sg, ppl hire a car from car rental company to drive Grab 12 hrs a day. Didn't that used to be called driving teksi?...

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Soya said:

Actually that's the original intention of the "shared economy". To monetise own time and own assets which would otherwise go to waste

In US, many of the Uber or Lyft rides I took were folks who drove on weekends to earn a few extra bucks instead of lazing around watching Netflix at home, ppl who had flexible work hours so make use of downtime. Even had one ride where the driver was in a business suit as he just got off work n was headed home as my hotel was on the way

But in Sg, ppl hire a car from car rental company to drive Grab 12 hrs a day. Didn't that used to be called driving teksi?...

yes well said .. i think it was not originally meant to be a full time business but like you say, to monetise one's unused asset ..

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, yishunite said:

Or these same models but 1-2 yrs old with major depre knock off and much more negotiating space since they are low COE era

Hard to find cars with major depre knock off, either they are as expensive as the new ones if not higher. 2nd car dealers are selling used cars like gold, better condition than new and assurance that even new car dealers are unable to match 😅😅

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Hard to find cars with major depre knock off, either they are as expensive as the new ones if not higher. 2nd car dealers are selling used cars like gold, better condition than new and assurance that even new car dealers are unable to match 😅😅

Coz new car dealers no 100%, >7 years loan

Used car dealers dunno simi what pattern oso can chut. So pay more for "innovation" lor.....lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 6/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, tudorpapa said:

If I have a budget of $80,000 and I would like to buy a used car still left 6 years and above. What would you guys recommend? 

I will travel quite a bit for my work so will prefer something that is fuel efficient. Preferably a Sedan or a SUV. Need to put a stroller inside the car. 

I am considering a Toyota prius, But I never driven a hybrid before so I dunno about the maintenance and the upkeeping. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1004028&DL=2469 

Anyone have a better recommendation? 

did you ask our resident james to recommend you something? 😄😄

1 hour ago, Soya said:

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

yes well said .. i think it was not originally meant to be a full time business but like you say, to monetise one's unused asset ..

Why does it turn into full time biz like Taxi?
Does anyone know what’s the driver previous occupation?
Why the person lost his previous job?
Why the person cannot find a full time job?

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Yeah, over here, face value very important. PHV sticker is a taboo. 

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

If you read the US forums, used prices there have soared. Even much more than ours as ours is tied to the new shrinking coe quota, but theirs is just purely demand and lack of new supply. 

Edited by Mkl22

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

If you read the US forums, used prices there have soared. Even much more than ours as ours is tied to the new shrinking coe quota, but theirs is just purely demand and lack of new supply. 

Chip shortage lo

Turbocharged
21 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Maybe it's kind like a fall-back job when one cannot find mainstream or meaningful job or career.

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

think it is over wide spectrum .. some do it because its 2-in-1 .. earn money yet have car to drive/use .. some people prefer not to sweat it in a job but sit in aircon car working hours they wish ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1