Budget of $80,000; Which 4yr old sedan or SUV to buy?

tudorpapa

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Yeah, over here, face value very important. PHV sticker is a taboo. 

I once saw Merc CLA with PHV sticker

I have to confess... i immediately judge him 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

You say until attrage so bad? 😂

You try driving it for a week then you see if you can take it lor. =D It's a super budget car, and not everyone can accept the (lack of) power, handling, road noise. We borrowed the law's spacestar (hatchback attrage) and swore never to buy one... But when I speak to the PHV drivers, they really dont mind the attrage for the great FC.

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

No offence but it's quite a definition of milo tin with wheels. 

Having say that, if there is a manual version, I would buy one for my children to drive. 

Indeed, got a few serious accidents involving attrage, the car crumple until very jia lat... Got go google them...

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Kopites said:

Hardly see freed or subaru as phv.

your link...Audi so cheap? Wow.

I have taken many PHV freeds, but the number of 7 seater PHV seem to be going down with the prolonged border closures...

5 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Care to share which car/s are designed to be PHV cars? Worth buying as they are designed to be driven more!

I've sat in many NCP42/NCP93 Vios (previous generation) the cute cute looking ones and previous generation altis. The mileage was 300,000 la, 400,000 la... Still going strong.

5 hours ago, Kopites said:

Yes. No onep would buy from borneo to use it as phv. right?

The BM Sienta is more expensive than the PI ones, so probably less likely to be PHV la... But i have chatted with a few PHV drivers who use their brand new cars, cause bo bian times are bad. Recall got an avante and think some 2nd tier conti car (renault or opel those kind) that were less than 1 year and pressed into PHV service by their owners.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

@DOBIEMKZ I have seen at my block when the  car is actually a family car under PHV scheme. He can have a flexi job and being a car owner. It is a win-win arrangement.

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Some men can pretend say go out drive Grab earn some money and the wife hear will be happy. Better than saying go out meet friends for kopi or beer, etc. Sure kenna niam by wife.

But what they do when they are outside is another story altogether.

Guys come on….it’s just a way to get away from naggy wife or partner. Aiyo…..

Been there done that when I was driving Uber, no questions asked.

😎🤪

37 minutes ago, yishunite said:

There was a period of time (pre-covid) can claim the fare, so took grab premium quite a bit. The majority of the drivers were property agents. How I know? They hang their company larnyard big big on the rear view mirrors.

My guess is that their car installment too fierce so in their lull period they just do grab premium cover some of the costs... Better than to sell and downgrade to an asian car i guess?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Hamburger said:

No offence but it's quite a definition of milo tin with wheels. 

Having say that, if there is a manual version, I would buy one for my children to drive. 

If say milo tin, thought toyota cars also say to be milo tin but many people still buy le? Lol.

For me i find attrage quite bad is i cannot stand the vibration on the car whether it is moving or stopping. 😅 

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Kopites said:

Hardly see freed or subaru as phv.

your link...Audi so cheap? Wow.

Subaru hardly use as phv could be due to FC no good?

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

TS could consider Used corolla altis on the TNGA platform for reliability and comfort ride plus improved handling over precious generations with ample space Coupled with reasonable fuel economy. Corolla For the win! 🤣😆

Even altis dont have TNGA platform, this car already view as reliability and comfort ride?

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Even altis dont have TNGA platform, this car already view as reliability and comfort ride?

Yeah  people associate toyota corolla with reliability and comfortable ride, thats why corolla has been the best selling car worldwide for many years😄, not in sg though thanks to stupid COE scheme and gahmen taxes which inflate all our car prices🤬

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Common to see many mercs have phv sticker lo.

10 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Yeah  people associate toyota corolla with reliability and comfortable ride, thats why corolla has been the best selling car worldwide for many years😄, not in sg though thanks to stupid COE scheme and gahmen taxes which inflate all our car prices🤬

The new MIJ Corolla Hybrid i think makes a nice PHV car! Cheaper than prius and looks more swee! But it's still too new so the second hand ones below $80k all still the older axio...

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?ORD=PRC_ASC&MOD=corolla hybrid&RPG=20&VEH=0&RGD=&AVL=2

So these are specifically designed for PHV use?  But, I have never read any advertisement on this! 

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

I have taken many PHV freeds, but the number of 7 seater PHV seem to be going down with the prolonged border closures...

I've sat in many NCP42/NCP93 Vios (previous generation) the cute cute looking ones and previous generation altis. The mileage was 300,000 la, 400,000 la... Still going strong.

The BM Sienta is more expensive than the PI ones, so probably less likely to be PHV la... But i have chatted with a few PHV drivers who use their brand new cars, cause bo bian times are bad. Recall got an avante and think some 2nd tier conti car (renault or opel those kind) that were less than 1 year and pressed into PHV service by their owners.

So according to you, these are the models specially designed for PHV use? I have never read any advertisement on this! 

Or is it just your personal opinion?😇

Supersonic
35 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

The new MIJ Corolla Hybrid i think makes a nice PHV car! Cheaper than prius and looks more swee! But it's still too new so the second hand ones below $80k all still the older axio...

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?ORD=PRC_ASC&MOD=corolla hybrid&RPG=20&VEH=0&RGD=&AVL=2

MIJ altis hybrid quite ex le. Not many people buy even for private owner.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

There was a period of time (pre-covid) can claim the fare, so took grab premium quite a bit. The majority of the drivers were property agents. How I know? They hang their company larnyard big big on the rear view mirrors.

My guess is that their car installment too fierce so in their lull period they just do grab premium cover some of the costs... Better than to sell and downgrade to an asian car i guess?

Yea lor. I encountered a few property agents driving Mercs or BMWs to act successful.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If say milo tin, thought toyota cars also say to be milo tin but many people still buy le? Lol.

For me i find attrage quite bad is i cannot stand the vibration on the car whether it is moving or stopping. 😅 

Because its engine is 3 cylinders only.[rolleyes]

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Subaru hardly use as phv could be due to FC no good?

And boxer engines too rough and noisy...

Supersonic
28 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Yea lor. I encountered a few property agents driving Mercs or BMWs to act successful.

Nowadays common to see many people driving mers, bmw and audi, dont know if these people are acting successful or not le? 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Nowadays common to see many people driving mers, bmw and audi, dont know if these people are acting successful or not le? 

Thats what PHV sticker is for 

:grin:

Edit: last time is HDB season parking sticker

Edited by yishunite
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1