Recommendation for Tower Fan

Atrecord

The weather is so hot now, and have to WFH...

and suay suay, the tower fan we bought just 8 mth ago, now cannot oscillate!!! So am looking at changing to another one.

Does anyone have any good recommendation for tower fan(s) with the following requirements:

1. Can oscillate min 60 degree. ideally 90 degree, and preferably not 180 deg (which I have another one that is like this; the fan takes too long to reach back the same location when oscillating.
  2. Can unscrew and take out the back cover to clean the inside, when it gets too dirty.
  3. Got local support, in case the fan breaks down.

For #3, it's important, as we paid >$100 for a Xiaomi tower fan, bought via qoo10. Was working fine, and we use it at most maybe 3 to max10 hr per day, and then it just broke down last month. Tried contacting XiaoMi in SG an MY, and they just said the fan is not launched here yet. No support - paid or otherwise - at all...

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Tower fan waste time. I got a table tower fan. Noisy yes. Not much wind. 

It's a mistral. Used for ten years liao. But not switched on long periods 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2x standing fan at the price of a tower fan for me anytime...double boost...sibeh song...no need go naked in public to cool down 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

3 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

I love europace tower fans. One shot I buy 2-3 of the same model per time.

Second that

got a Europace. Good stuff

A5608539-B383-4F04-BBF8-B0624490647D.jpeg

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

You miss pisa Issit? 😁

R8c423d199d8ce67fa0c7dbb7d8897191.jpg

I LOLed 😂😂

gd one bro

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Fan doesn't help for me at this weather for wfh. 

My living room aircon is always On in the afternoon,  have to about $30 to $40 more electric bill compare to cooler month.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

Had a mistral tower fan once, I think it was a gift from buying a fridge. When it died, slow to spin, I threw it away. If I knew then what I know now, I'd replace the capacitor and save the fan.

Now, I mostly buy wall fans. Wall fans save space, they don't take up your floor or desk space. Usually walls are empty, unless you have shelves or other kinds of stuffs. If you have small children who likes to stick their little fingers, then wall fans is a must. Wall fans are not that difficult to install. It comes with a bracket and you need to drill 3 or 4 holes in the wall to mount the bracket. Then slide the fan over the bracket. Just make sure the mount is sturdy and not loose, that's all.

Then there's the orbital fan that hangs off a ceiling. I feel it's better than a ceiling fan, as it oscillates and fills the room. Ceiling fan tends to blow directly down only.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/kdk-m40rs-16-inch-orbital-fan-i135454831-s159790204.html

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

tower fan quite useless, should get a standing fan.

I got one corner which is near where i sit (for both WFH and also dinner table), that is very limited in space. Can't put a stand fan there leh. We have used a stand fan there for about 6 yr, just that this recent XiaoMi one really super disappointing...

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Victor68 said:

If possible, ceiling fan. 

i also know ceiling fan is best, but too much work lah, need to remove our ceiling light now, and need dismantling/installation/wiring... so will just settle for simple solution - tower fan lor...

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Tower fan waste time. I got a table tower fan. Noisy yes. Not much wind. 

It's a mistral. Used for ten years liao. But not switched on long periods 

bo bian solution this... nothing else works leh... space is tight there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1