Recommendation for Tower Fan

Atrecord

4 hours ago, Discoburg said:

I love europace tower fans. One shot I buy 2-3 of the same model per time.

Yah, i also bought 2 i think 3-4 yr ago, when got promo. Only needed one at that time, so sold the other one... Now can't find anymore... but that one got one problem, the back cover cannot open, so when it's dusty/dirty, cannot clean easily... that's why now wanna find one that can open easily one...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, RadX said:

Second that

got a Europace. Good stuff

A5608539-B383-4F04-BBF8-B0624490647D.jpeg

This looks like the one we had, but ours was white. Worth the money, having used it for about 3-4 yr before it gave up...

but cannot clean when dirty right?

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

i am using this xiaomi fan. which i think the fan speed and the quietness is really spot on. 

the only thing i don't like is the fan cover that have to many spokes, when washing damn troublesome. and it can be control thur xiaomi app. 

https://shopee.sg/product/8223757/9218139513?smtt=0.34422294-1623408364.9

Xiaomi!!!!

ours also quiet (few times at fan speed 1, forgot to off it overnight cos too quiet, didn't realise it's on...), controlled by app... but not launched in SG, so got zero support!!! Cos of this, i will never buy anything that might need support, but bought direct from China (no local support) ever again...

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Tohto said:

Fan doesn't help for me at this weather for wfh. 

My living room aircon is always On in the afternoon,  have to about $30 to $40 more electric bill compare to cooler month.

This last 2 weeks, we also got on 1-2 hr in the afternoon... but i dowan to on whole afternoon leh...

but hor, additional on for whole afternoons Mon-Fri, only $40 extra niah meh? i don't dare try...

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Had a mistral tower fan once, I think it was a gift from buying a fridge. When it died, slow to spin, I threw it away. If I knew then what I know now, I'd replace the capacitor and save the fan.

Now, I mostly buy wall fans. Wall fans save space, they don't take up your floor or desk space. Usually walls are empty, unless you have shelves or other kinds of stuffs. If you have small children who likes to stick their little fingers, then wall fans is a must. Wall fans are not that difficult to install. It comes with a bracket and you need to drill 3 or 4 holes in the wall to mount the bracket. Then slide the fan over the bracket. Just make sure the mount is sturdy and not loose, that's all.

Then there's the orbital fan that hangs off a ceiling. I feel it's better than a ceiling fan, as it oscillates and fills the room. Ceiling fan tends to blow directly down only.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/kdk-m40rs-16-inch-orbital-fan-i135454831-s159790204.html

oh you diy expert right?

2 of our tower fans could still blow, but stopped oscillating. This type got chance to repair or not huh? The xiaomi one jialat... can oscillate for about 15 deg, and then it will just shut down altogether... but if don't oscillate, it can still continue to blow... but defeat the purpose cos can't cover much angle...

No wall at the place where the fan is, and the orbital one will be really out of place there too leh... 😅

I have 3 kdk standing fans and 1 table fan. All can be dismantle for washing.  Wash them once a month. 😄

Get the more durable metal blake. More windy as well.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Yah, i also bought 2 i think 3-4 yr ago, when got promo. Only needed one at that time, so sold the other one... Now can't find anymore... but that one got one problem, the back cover cannot open, so when it's dusty/dirty, cannot clean easily... that's why now wanna find one that can open easily one...

This is one of the 3 I have in my house now. The side covers open easily. Very convenient and easy to clean.

IMG_3258.jpeg

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

i am using this xiaomi fan. which i think the fan speed and the quietness is really spot on. 

the only thing i don't like is the fan cover that have to many spokes, when washing damn troublesome. and it can be control thur xiaomi app. 

https://shopee.sg/product/8223757/9218139513?smtt=0.34422294-1623408364.9

Just bought one from ezbuy cause they are selling at $50. Will collect later.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

IMHO. At least tower fan still better than dyson. Dyson only looks good but bad efficiency. 
doesn’t take a genius to figure out how much that tiny blade in the center stem can suck and blow out air, plus the loss going through the silly rim design. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

IMHO. At least tower fan still better than dyson. Dyson only looks good but bad efficiency. 
doesn’t take a genius to figure out how much that tiny blade in the center stem can suck and blow out air, plus the loss going through the silly rim design. 

People buy Rolls-Royce is not to drive but to show lah. Same principle,  happy can liao. Heart siok 

• Haha! 6

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

People buy Rolls-Royce is not to drive but to show lah. Same principle,  happy can liao. Heart siok 

Dyson fan must use with Aircon……😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Discoburg said:

This is one of the 3 I have in my house now. The side covers open easily. Very convenient and easy to clean.

IMG_3258.jpeg

I honestly find tower fan designers got their inspirations from Dubai...even dysons 's bladeless...😁

Strange-and-Awesome-Buildings-Architecture-15.jpg

Rb114478a732cbb0bbc42e94cacaa3ab7.jpg

R1e4ba0b136e9d14aef8f5a686a55a2f6.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I am however tink it works perfectly...together with aircon 😁

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

MIL bought us one to use for the kids. Ok lah. When they sitted on floor playing, put it RIGHT beside them, haha still got some wind better than no wind...

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

I am however tink it works perfectly...together with aircon 😁

ha ha ha... that's true.

then again, anything that has some wind works well with aircon mah. 😄

• Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

ha ha ha... that's true.

then again, anything that has some wind works well with aircon mah. 😄

Not the kind that one breaks...😷😁

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Discoburg said:

IMG_3258.jpeg

this looks good man... 

i just went to europace website to check. cannot find this model there. Would you happen to have the model no.?

🙏

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1