Serial parking tailgaters

BabyBlade

Parking tailgaters  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Report the serial tailgater to HDB?

• Yes
    • No
    • Post his video online

Internal Moderator

One driver at my estate has been tailgating cars and even motorcycles out of our carpark for the past one year, close to two. This is on a daily basis. I know, because we leave around the same time every day . He parks at the white lots so if Fatimah comes they won't be able to check. Though I believe the system should only have his entry and not exit records. 

I've already reported to HDB fyi. Would you report or let it slide? 

Can still close eye if motorcyclists exit by the gap or if you wanna tailgate your friend out if you visit their house, but at least buy season parking for your own carpark la. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Take video, shame the driver. 

Btw, what car huh.... 

Car in question is an Axio with racing stripes haha. Waiting for my 70mai rear camera to arrive.

19 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

One driver at my estate has been tailgating cars and even motorcycles out of our carpark for the past one year, close to two. This is on a daily basis. I know, because we leave around the same time every day . He parks at the white lots so if Fatimah comes they won't be able to check. Though I believe the system should only have his entry and not exit records. 

Can still close eye if motorcyclists exit by the gap or if you wanna tailgate your friend out if you visit their house, but at least buy season parking for your own carpark la. 

Report bah.. 

It's illegal

It pose a risk to hitting other motorist. 

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Need to learn from these drivers.

MSCP cannot reverse into parking lot.... 

If not season parking, take out cashcard.... Stop 10secs at gantry..... 

Then put reverse gear, reverse slightly.... Wait for tail gater to reverse a bit......

Insert cashcard. Gantry opens 

Put drive.. then drive off.. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

must report .. if they get away with it others may follow ..

car park fee collection drop car park fee may have to be raised ..

problem is that no one nay be actively checking entry and exit records unless there is some incident or when auditor general calls for the records ..

bad behaviour should not be condoned .. should be reported and punished ..

• Praise 2

Personally I would let it go as it doesn't cause direct, proximate harm to me. I only rarely encounter these. But I might think differently if I stayed in such an estate and it was a daily occurrence. 

I read one commentator advising that you should exit your car after crossing the barrier, then take your phone out to video record see if they back off or not... =D

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Car in question is an Axio with racing stripes haha. Waiting for my 70mai rear camera to arrive.

Oh great! 70 mai. :)

(edited)

Report hdb and post video!

:D

The danger is they whack you in the back

and you have an insurance claim when

you boh tai-ji.

Edited by Jamesc

This is the typical "有钱买车,没钱养车“ (got budget for buying car, no budget for maintenance/on-going expenses of car) kind of cheapskate car owners.

Should expose them and shame them.

I Kena once before to my knowledge and I reported. I don't really check my rear mirror when exiting and don't know why that time it caught my attention.

I reported like 2 weeks later due to laziness and it's a hassle to edit the video so that the size is small enough to send. But I did it in the end and hdb replied me that the necessary action was taken to the driver. 

I did not post any video as I don't see the point of public shaming. But I do encourage people to keep reporting so as to deter such actions. These repeated offenders probably keep getting away with it when no one report. Just let them Kena one time 够力够力 and hope they will learn their lesson.

If they know that chances of getting caught is high, we will see less of this dishonest act.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Driver came out of car probably to confront the tailgater. 

good! all these are likely regular tailgaters, knowing how close to follow and so on .. hopefully something like that will make them think twice about tailgating again ..

Just now, mikk123 said:

the reason that those cheapos do it again and again, it is because no one it taking action against them. If the Mall management is willing to go through the trouble fine him $500, you see who dare to tailgate again. Most of the time, the management office just let go and warn the cheapo not to do it again. Same goes for HDB carpark, no one bother to enforce the rule and really fine them.  Everyone just wants to minimize the work and wait for the end of the working day to go home....

true, like i said before, actually it is not difficult for mall/hdb car park management to check their records how many entered the car park and how many exited .. and take action against those who have entered but "not exited" (but actually exited by tailgating)

↡ Advertisement