Serial parking tailgaters

BabyBlade

Parking tailgaters  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Report the serial tailgater to HDB?

• Yes
    • No
    • Post his video online

Got tailgated out of the HDB parking today.Motorcycle stuck close to the left of the car rear bumper ( IU reader on the right ) and creeped out 🤬

↡ Advertisement

23 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

when the authority set out all the rules and regulations, but don't want to enforce it. Then people no longer respect the rule anymore. more and more don't follow rules, then our society will be in chaos. 

Yah lah these people don't fine them and jail them they won't do the right thing one.

They are no better than animals.

:D

Just like my MIL

image.thumb.png.a1d3a8a4c65b5fd102526a0d2820653c.png

22 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

High fuel price really forces our fellow Singaporean car slaves to save money in whichever ways possible. 

Last Saturday afternoon I witnessed two incidents of car tailgating others out of HDB car park. 

One is COE black honda Jazz  and another one is white honda civic. 

Both of them using the same tactic: parking at the sport near the exit, when car is going out, they quickly rushed out to tailgate. Requires quite a bit of skills....

The dealer did that stunt when I went to collect the car...he said no free voucher from building mgmt...😁

Old Airport Rd Hawker Center Carpark has removed its parking gantries. In its place I found this notice in the hawker center tables.

I've installed the app onto my mobile but have yet to use it. 3 steps setup:

1. Create an account in the app with a password
  2. Register car(s) license number onto app
  3. Register credit card onto app used for parking charges

That's it. The only issue I detected is that the app does not allow me to register the same car on my wife's phone. (Maybe able to resolve in future software releases)

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/car-parks/parkinghdb

Not sure if this system will solve tailgating-out-of-carpark problem now that there's no gantry.   😁

IMG-20220911-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0000.jpg

Wonder if system is link to LTA database. If implemented island wide. 
else some might switch out plates and create clone cars. 

Edited by Mkl22

On 7/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, BabyBlade said:

Driver came out of car probably to confront the tailgater. 

This is probably the most practical method. Will do this the next time encounter one sniffing my backside on way out of gantry. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Old Airport Rd Hawker Center Carpark has removed its parking gantries. In its place I found this notice in the hawker center tables.

That's it. The only issue I detected is that the app does not allow me to register the same car on my wife's phone. (Maybe able to resolve in future software releases)

Not sure if this system will solve tailgating-out-of-carpark problem now that there's no gantry.   😁

IMG-20220911-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0000.jpg

Yest another parking app?

Now we have parkingsg (assume is mainly for URA lots) ... Now ParkingHDB.....

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

IMG-20220911-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0000.jpg

Punggol northshore area already have this for some time. Trial started there previously, likely will implement at other areas. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Didu said:

IMG-20220911-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0000.jpg

if this is same as northshore 1, it will solve.

they will bill directly to u.

my cashcard not enough $ & i drive through.

• Haha! 1

Year old thread but I have tailgate stories too.

Happened early this year from March til around June/July.

Noticed that there is a particular serial tailgater every morning that waits for someone to pass by him and he follow all the way to the gantry. [he parking at white lot]

I am there on weekdays cos drop my LO to my caregiver. So here's my account only. cos i saw him tail few car including the Gardenia lorry lol.

1st happening - report OneService = no action taken

2nd happening [Early apr] - saw him turn to follow, i make another round before go to gantry. He LL park back a white lot nearby.

3rd happening [same Apr] - same follow method, this time i chiong to gantry, left him for dead at the barrier stuck. Saw he LL reverse n u-turn back to cp.

4th happening [mid june] - this time he know my antic, he speed close to me. barrier open i drive abit put parking brake, go out of car ask him reverse. He LL reverse cos i wont budge. Reach office, download all the video, report to Lumens. [Yes it is a rental PHV car]

Didn't see the car nor the driver from July onwards til date.

• Praise 5

Barrier-free car park system extended to Old Airport Road

photogrid_plus_1663310862023.jpg?itok=1g

The smart parking system detects the vehicle when it enters the car park and automatically activates the parking session through the app. Parking charges will automatically be deducted when they exit the car park, and motorists do not have to manually activate the app. 

"With this, motorists need not insert their cash cards into the In-vehicle Unit, nor worry about insufficient funds," said HDB.

Motorists who do not have the Parking@HDB app can still continue to have their parking charges deducted from their cash card in the In-vehicle Unit.

parking.png?itok=dNzuIfw-

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/smart-barrier-free-parking-system-old-airport-road-car-park-hdb-2943306

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, mikk123 said:

How to confirm this is avoiding parking fee? it might detect the IU deduct $ .

Since the video didnt capture the display showing no cashcard etc.

park one side wait for car to pass, might be busying with phone etc, cant assume.

Edited by Dannnn
↡ Advertisement