Being grateful for what we have…

Kopites

I'm sure before days of social media and online journalism, there are many such parents as well.

But it's touching nonetheless.
Hopefully by the time the boy is older, advances in technology can reduce some of the impediments to his daily living. 

• Praise 14

Turbocharged

When i was young.. people always asked me do you want to have a girl or boy..

I told them i got no preference.. I told them importantly they must healthy at birth..

I am lucky the 3 kids I have are healthy just that my daughter got eczema from young age and now still facing bad flare up at times at 19 years old..

I got few colleague when their child born got complication and few need surgery.. all recovered well but they r left with a huge medical cost to service it.. they did try cloud funding but still not enough.. but seeing their kids getting better n healthier i guess to them all worth it..

In life no one can predict and never expect much.. be contended what you have in life and be contended.. There's always someone fortune worse than you.. this group often won't get in the news but those rich n famous people will.. some youngster always get the wrong perspective in life..

Give a chance to people and people will give chance maybe not to you but for your next generation is always my believe.

• Praise 19

Supersonic

When my wife was pregnant with our first kid, she was already in her 30s.  Blood/genetic test showed that my unborn kid had an elevated risk of being a Down Syndrome baby.  The obstetrician recommended that we abort the child.  It was a very very difficult decision.  In the end, wife and I decided to keep the baby and we could not bring ourselves to abort, especially since we had lost one in an earlier pregnancy.  We had to sign a disclaimer stating that it was our decision and choice not to abort.  

Now, looking at my older daughter who will be 21 this year, and who is currently finishing 2nd year in university, I am so very glad we made that decision 20 years ago to keep the baby.

• Praise 35

50 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

When i was young.. people always asked me do you want to have a girl or boy..

I told them i got no preference.. I told them importantly they must healthy at birth..

I am lucky the 3 kids I have are healthy just that my daughter got eczema from young age and now still facing bad flare up at times at 19 years old..

I got few colleague when their child born got complication and few need surgery.. all recovered well but they r left with a huge medical cost to service it.. they did try cloud funding but still not enough.. but seeing their kids getting better n healthier i guess to them all worth it..

In life no one can predict and never expect much.. be contended what you have in life and be contended.. There's always someone fortune worse than you.. this group often won't get in the news but those rich n famous people will.. some youngster always get the wrong perspective in life..

Give a chance to people and people will give chance maybe not to you but for your next generation is always my believe.

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

When my wife was pregnant with our first kid, she was already in her 30s.  Blood/genetic test showed that my unborn kid had an elevated risk of being a Down Syndrome baby.  The obstetrician recommended that we abort the child.  It was a very very difficult decision.  In the end, wife and I decided to keep the baby and we could not bring ourselves to abort, especially since we had lost one in an earlier pregnancy.  We had to sign a disclaimer stating that it was our decision and choice not to abort.  

Now, looking at my older daughter who will be 21 this year, and who is currently finishing 2nd year in university, I am so very glad we made that decision 20 years ago to keep the baby.

thank you both for sharing, very touching ..

we are all blessed and we should be content and grateful for what we have ..

be thankful for having a glass half full instead of complaining that our glass is half empty ..

take care and all the best ..

• Praise 8

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

got few colleague when their child born got complication and few need surgery.. all recovered well but they r left with a huge medical cost to service it.. they did try cloud funding but still not enough.. but seeing their kids getting better n healthier i guess to them all worth it..

Sane here,  got colleagues who kids born with pretty serious complications and got hit with huge bills... and there were many many parents of sick and in particular premature babies  in that situation,  open mouth at least 6 figure type bills. 

Luckily now citizens are auto covered by health insurance. Shouldn't have taken so long... but still better late than never. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Sane here,  got colleagues who kids born with pretty serious complications and got hit with huge bills... and there were many many parents of sick and in particular premature babies  in that situation,  open mouth at least 6 figure type bills. 

Luckily now citizens are auto covered by health insurance. Shouldn't have taken so long... but still better late than never. 

my colleagues most PR.. seem boh covered.. din ask much.. 

Got one quite bad.. had twin and both premature... good that now her ordeal over nearly a year plus..

• Praise 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, Loki said:

When my wife was pregnant with our first kid, she was already in her 30s.  Blood/genetic test showed that my unborn kid had an elevated risk of being a Down Syndrome baby.  

Genetic testing now is much more accurate. Very high sensitivity and specificity. Locally most commonly called Harmony test.

Back then more doubt, so even worse. Now the diagnosis is much more certain. But it is still a difficult decision nonetheless.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 7

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Genetic testing now is much more accurate. Very high sensitivity and specificity. Locally most commonly called Harmony test.

Back then more doubt, so even worse. Now the diagnosis is much more certain. But it is still a difficult decision nonetheless.

I don't remember the type of tests but definitely 4 to 5 type of tests at the different stages when wifey was carrying my boy. Each time It felt like awaiting the release of examination result. riding roller coaster... anticipation, anxiety and release...😓

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

my colleagues most PR.. seem boh covered.. din ask much.. 

Got one quite bad.. had twin and both premature... good that now her ordeal over nearly a year plus..

Well been a long time since I last looked into it.. but there's private baby insurance one can buy for birth complications. 

I actually would ask EVERYONE  havings twins or even just older mothers etc to seriously look it up. Premature is no joke. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
14 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Well been a long time since I last looked into it.. but there's private baby insurance one can buy for birth complications. 

I actually would ask EVERYONE  havings twins or even just older mothers etc to seriously look it up. Premature is no joke. 

The sum insured for child birth insurance is a joke lo ... think max coverage is about 30-35 k max ...

the big advantage is that for say Great Eastern , if you buy the child birth insurance , they will have to accept your child for their insurance coverage irregardless of your newborn medical conditions ..

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

the big advantage is that for say Great Eastern , if you buy the child birth insurance , they will have to accept your child for their insurance coverage irregardless of your newborn medical conditions ..

That alone is gold lor... cos otherwise,  later medical insurance all say it's pre existing conditions don't want to cover. Jia lak

• Praise 2

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

The sum insured for child birth insurance is a joke lo ... think max coverage is about 30-35 k max ...

My boy labour costs alone come to near 20k for that 3 days stay. 😄 

30-35 definitely bare minimum.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I don't recall me and wifey brought any birth complication insurance. 

9 hours ago, Kopites said:

I don't recall me and wifey brought any birth complication insurance. 

Was yours very long ago?

Citizens are covered from birth.

Nowadays if kenna say complications,  the basics are pretty much covered since birth fir baby. NICU it's really very ex. 

Additional preg insurance is for better coverage. Though id admit I don't know the details of baby vs mother. 

Happiness comes from knowledge.

If you not happy its because you don't know how to.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2