COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Etnt said:

dabao again no problem, dun see no imported cases then open floodgates can liao.

If continue no imported cases next few days, high chance will open floodgates again, cause it means their measures super effective in controlling covid cases. 🙄 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

my gut feel is the HA will end as planned so long as the number of unlinked cases does not cross a certain tolerance. 

we will have to live with rolling shutdowns (malls, markets, F&B outlets)

live with covid, not without. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
46 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Bukit Merah View Cluster 

555416E8-08D0-4C8A-8C16-E0FB282C68F2.jpeg

I am not too surprise to see this. Bt Merah and Redhill have a lot of older people who cannot be bothered to observe COVID measurements.

Guess old habits are very difficult to change so difficult to fault them too much. During C.B., I saw so many of them not wearing mask properly, not keeping safe distancing, insist on chatting in group, etc... There is very little the authority can do to them. Fine them will not work cos many of them are on financial assistance and put them in prison is also not ideal cos they many of them are so old. They will also not listen/afraid to the police...some of them were hard core gansters....these young policemen are sissy to them...cos they were already not afraid of the old timer tougher policemen (unless they are from SSB).  

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 6

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, Blueray said:

my gut feel is the HA will end as planned so long as the number of unlinked cases does not cross a certain tolerance. 

we will have to live with rolling shutdowns (malls, markets, F&B outlets)

live with covid, not without. 

Yes, HA already extended for 1 week, so it will end as planned. Even they have announced already that majority students will go back to school when holidays end on 28 Jun.

4 hours ago, Didu said:

Auntie Phoon said she have immunity. So better drop all the charges against her.  

I think IMH did not do a good job evaluating her.  😁

Woman seen without a mask asks again for charges to be dropped, citing 'immunity' as a citizen and as an ex-SAF officer

A woman facing charges for not wearing a mask on multiple occasions returned to court properly masked on Tuesday (Jun 15) and asked again for the charges to be dropped, citing "immunity as a citizen" and an ex-Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) officer.

Phoon Chiu Yoke, 53, said she was involved as an "ex-plaintiff" and as a witness to unspecified cases in the SAF and she could not face her current case in a public court without "prejudice" and causing embarrassment to the SAF and the Government of Singapore.

The judge told her that the past cases she might have been involved in are irrelevant to her current charges.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/phoon-chiu-yoke-mask-saf-officer-navy-court-15016890

From a relatively minor misdemeanor charge, she wants to double down and play with OSA, she either has guts or she is insane. 

Not that anyone wants to see it, but I would not be surprised if she decides to strip off her clothes in the dock just to make a point. 

• Haha! 3

45 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

I am not too surprise to see this. Bt Merah and Redhill have a lot of older people who cannot be bothered to observe COVID measurements.

Guess old habits are very difficult to change so difficult to fault them too much. During C.B., I saw so many of them not wearing mask properly, not keeping safe distancing, insist on chatting in group, etc... There is very little the authority can do to them. Fine them will not work cos many of them are on financial assistance and put them in prison is also not ideal cos they many of them are so old. They will also not listen/afraid to the police...some of them were hard core gansters....these young policemen are sissy to them...cos they were already not afraid of the old timer tougher policemen (unless they are from SSB).  

i dont know why but some older people i spoke to say they feel the same as these folks. meaning it is older people in general. they need to have physical gathering/connection. they getting lockdown/HA fatigue. so really got no solution...?

for younger people computer or mobile and texting is good enough.

• Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

From a relatively minor misdemeanor charge, she wants to double down and play with OSA, she either has guts or she is insane. 

Not that anyone wants to see it, but I would not be surprised if she decides to strip off her clothes in the dock just to make a point. 

really? i just lost my dinner because of you..

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i dont know why but some older people i spoke to say they feel the same as these folks. meaning it is older people in general. they need to have physical gathering/connection. they getting lockdown/HA fatigue. so really got no solution...?

Old people different from younger people lo. Older people must have group gathering de, even they are alone they also cannot stay at home one, cause i always see older people like to loiter and sit at void deck whole day, i also dont know why? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Old people different from younger people lo. Older people must have group gathering de, even they are alone they also cannot stay at home one, cause i always see older people like to loiter and sit at void deck whole day, i also dont know why? 

You are right. Even if they are alone, sitting in public places is part of their routine. Probably their way to keep them sane.

• Praise 3

12 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Not OSA liao.. threatening to disclose official secrets can charge under ISA.. lock up and throw away key..

Can join ah pui n mas selamat in same cell. Aunty phoon surely talk n talk to dem 24hrs a day.. mayb becuz she CO b4... hv 'james bond' training.

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Can't upload the video but it is embedded in the link.  This one is champion, openly challenging the authority in so many years. ie.  Illegal gathering, maskless, shouting out secret society slogans openly. 

https://singaporeuncensored.com/gang-members-at-boon-lay-shout-gang-cheer-for-funeral/

SSB sure recognise tis heroes. Invite for kopi n vadey. Can issue arrest warrants n fine for nvr wear mask. Donate to ah kong national fund.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

You are right. Even if they are alone, sitting in public places is part of their routine. Probably their way to keep them sane.

Hopefully i would not be like them when i reached their age. And also hopefully i would not become senile if i choose not to sit in public places when i am old?! 😅

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Nolicense said:

I feel that those really old ones are scared to be alone, scared of dying alone so they keep having their daily gatherings. Maybe a function of education level as well but I am purely generalising. 

Maybe forumers of 70 years old and above can comment? I am not at that age yet to feel it. I will probably reach that age in the blink of an eye. Time flies. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1