COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

The Ministry of Health (MOH) told CNA on Friday that as of the end of May, it has detected 428 local COVID-19 cases with the more infectious B16172 variant – recently dubbed the Delta variant – of the coronavirus first detected in India.

The Delta variant has also been identified in 122 imported cases, MOH said.

While MOH did not say when the first Delta variant case was confirmed in Singapore and which case this was, figures from the global epidemic tracker GISAID show that the first Delta case was detected here on Apr 1.

The GISAID data did not indicate if this first case was local or imported.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

cases like the navy lady  in poping up. imagine this AM get off very lightly,  and the navy lady knows it, wonder how would she argue in court...

It is too heavy for both to be jail, fine or cane. They should be let off by deploying them in Changi Airport to jaga those travellers from very high-risk countries/regions for a period of 1 month. I am sure they will be more proactive to wear mask after that.

• Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

alot of them are lonely,  live alone, no visitor, wait for time to pass nia. suffer from you yi zhen. i dun know how to call it. most of them might have other sickness like cancer , bad diabetes etc etc. sit at home stare at the 4 walls die also no body know. or sit with kakis downstairs....?

this group is the hardest to deal with. much harder then the educated adult.,

Yes, there should be a line drawn between empathy and civil responsibility. 

My heart go to the old folks. My mind said need to be firm on them. 🤔😓

• Praise 5

12 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yes, there should be a line drawn between empathy and civil responsibility. 

My heart go to the old folks. My mind said need to be firm on them. 🤔😓

No one is stopping them from having social interaction - they can do all that while masked.

• Praise 4

[Sent by Gov.sg – 19 Jun]

Phase 3 (Heightened Alert)

From 21 Jun

🍴 F&B dine-in to resume (max 2 pax per group)

🏋‍♂ Sports/exercise activities 

- Indoor mask-off: max 2 pax per group

- Indoor mask-on/outdoor mask-off: max 5 pax per group

No wedding receptions till mid-Jul

Regular Fast and Easy Tests

🔹 Mandatory for staff who work in settings with unmasked clients, from mid-Jul

🔹 Training for companies to supervise ART self-swabs for staff 

🏠 FET required for persons visiting residential care homes for elderly 

Ringfencing cases

- ‘Health Alerts’ sent via SMS to persons who visited places on same day as those infected; mandatory testing required 

- SafeEntry Check-out boxes deployed at high footfall venues

More:

go.gov.sg/mohpr180621

• Praise 3

During my routine evening jog at pasir Ris beach/park, countless people were seen not wearing mask while strolling. 

Some would even smoke and walk, much to my disgust. 

Wrote in to OneService App, nothing is done. 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

No one is stopping them from having social interaction - they can do all that while masked.

Funny, I kind of love wearing mask.....I dunno why people don't like it.

Sometimes, I lazy to shave when I go out,  so wearing mask helps me to hide that....lol

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

4 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

During my routine evening jog at pasir Ris beach/park, countless people were seen not wearing mask while strolling. 

Some would even smoke and walk, much to my disgust. 

Wrote in to OneService App, nothing is done. 

Those strolling without mask can be quite tactical…I have seen them walking really fast once they spot someone from the authority. 

I have a few in my estate who can happily talking on the phone while doing ‘brisk’ walking. To me if you can talk loudly and non stop on the phone while exercising means you should be able to wear a mask or exercise even harder. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

The Ministry of Health (MOH) told CNA on Friday that as of the end of May, it has detected 428 local COVID-19 cases with the more infectious B16172 variant – recently dubbed the Delta variant – of the coronavirus first detected in India.

While MOH did not say when the first Delta variant case was confirmed in Singapore and which case this was, figures from the global epidemic tracker GISAID show that the first Delta case was detected here on Apr 1.

早知今日何必当初....

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Jellandross said:

how can the first case in Singapore be local when it was originated from India?

they trying to spin stories to justify CECA import again?

• Praise 4

33 minutes ago, Scion said:

chill lah, that one from GISAID lah, from their perspective, local case is our problem, imported case is also ourself ask for problem one mah.......same same...:grin:

• Praise 1

21 Covid-19 cases found in 9 households at Bukit Merah View HDB block; mandatory testing for residents of 8 blocks

Mandatory polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests will be conducted for all residents living in blocks 116, 117, 118, 119, 124A, 124B, 125 and 126 Bukit Merah View on Sunday (June 20) and Monday (June 21), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Saturday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mandatory-covid-19-testing-for-bukit-merah-view-residents-at-8-more-blocks

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

14 hours ago, Scion said:

Highly possible. We have quite a fair of local travelling to India for work. I have have at least 4 friends who used to travel frequently to India, a couple of them will stay there for at least a month on each trip. One of them was posted there with this family. Most of them are non Indian in case some ppl are curious to know tho I think race is not relevant here. 

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, Blueray said:

21 Covid-19 cases found in 9 households at Bukit Merah View HDB block; mandatory testing for residents of 8 blocks

Mandatory polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests will be conducted for all residents living in blocks 116, 117, 118, 119, 124A, 124B, 125 and 126 Bukit Merah View on Sunday (June 20) and Monday (June 21), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Saturday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mandatory-covid-19-testing-for-bukit-merah-view-residents-at-8-more-blocks

Hopefully this exercise will identify more previously undetected cases so that those who may need additional medical attention will be get it before their condition get worse since many are older folks or have old folks in their family/contact. 

Hope all of those who were tested positive will recover fully soon. 

• Praise 2