COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

Hypersonic
30 minutes ago, Didu said:

So if you plan to eat out tomorrow, what'll be the 1st dish you order?  😋

麻辣香锅 😋

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Kyrios said:

I think the hawker centres and kopi tiams will be super crowded tomolo...high chance i will still dabao..

Imagine one table used to sit 6..now sits only 2...will be hard to find seats...😹

Sure have people come and ask to share table, and tell you we are also 2 pax or even i am 1 person only! Lol. I also will continue to dabao esp during the peak hours.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Sure have people come and ask to share table, and tell you we are also 2 pax or even i am 1 person only! Lol. I also will continue to dabao esp during the peak hours.

ok la .. if you are eating alone and pretty girl looking for one seat 😄

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic

I wonder if it’s 1 person sitting at a table, can a stranger join you at the other seat? Be it opposite or besides you.

Then it defeat the purpose isn’t it?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I wonder if it’s 1 person sitting at a table, can a stranger join you at the other seat? Be it opposite or besides you.

@Fcw75 common sense says they can't but i'm sure there's many idiots around who don't seem to understand. 

Wonder how to tell them No... unless its a chio bu 😎

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Old-driver said:

@Fcw75 common sense says they can't but i'm sure there's many idiots around who don't seem to understand. 

Chio bu I give up my seat. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The sharing table thing not clear, even last time during the phase 3, think by right you cannot sit in a table with strangers, to reduce the risk of transmission. But people always dont know or dont care. A stranger can just sit opposite or besides you eating with the mask off.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

Like that majority people have no common sense liao? When i was out eating lunch during the phase 3, sure there are people come over to share table with us. Esp if lunch at CBD area where it is more crowded, even those office workers also dont understand? Thats why i have stopped eating out and dabao, cause i am not comfortable to eat while a stranger sit opposite and besides me eating as well. Unless me and my colleagues are able to occupy almost full table, then still can eat out.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

Best is to let others to happy happy enjoy the heat among the crowd for a few days to over a week. You can dine in at coffeeshop after the initial excitement dies off. 😃

Already saw some uncles gathering around the 24hr kopitiam rubbing their hands with glee..stroke of midnight..they chiong for the tables..😄

• Haha! 7

Turbocharged
37 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Like that majority people have no common sense liao? When i was out eating lunch during the phase 3, sure there are people come over to share table with us. Esp if lunch at CBD area where it is more crowded, even those office workers also dont understand? Thats why i have stopped eating out and dabao, cause i am not comfortable to eat while a stranger sit opposite and besides me eating as well. Unless me and my colleagues are able to occupy almost full table, then still can eat out.

Show them this chart?

20210621_000444.jpg

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mooose said:

ok la .. if you are eating alone and pretty girl looking for one seat 😄

How do you know she's pretty if she's wearing a mask?

By the time she sits down and removes her mask to eat you might have 🤮

• Haha! 9

11 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Show them this chart?

20210621_000444.jpg

The chart says 2 from different households is "OK". Which means a single stranger can join you at a table. Of course, you don't have the power to refuse them. 

This is very silly in my view. In healthcare, we practise "split teams" wherever manpower permits so we retain business continuity. Different teams are not allowed to mix, including at mealtimes, and mixing outside of work is severely discouraged.

The same principle should hold for this sort of thing. People in the same household mix with one another anyway, so the risk is acceptable. But not people from different households. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)

16 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

The chart says 2 from different households is "OK". Which means a single stranger can join you at a table. Of course, you don't have the power to refuse them. 

This is very silly in my view. In healthcare, we practise "split teams" wherever manpower permits so we retain business continuity. Different teams are not allowed to mix, including at mealtimes, and mixing outside of work is severely discouraged.

The same principle should hold for this sort of thing. People in the same household mix with one another anyway, so the risk is acceptable. But not people from different households. 

Maybe gahmen wants to encourage couples (unmarried) to dine out? Or for those mei meis who want to hang out with one BFF for dinner? But I understand what you are saying..those single diners who are joined by total strangers...yes that sort of situations represent(s) a new risk....

But I think the SDAs gonna face an impossible task to identify whos who from the same household..good luck in enforcing these rules..

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

2 from different household sit on different table is ok.

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

They should add in one more picture.... 2 person who are Strangers Not Ok!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5