COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

13 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Even Israel has to reinstate mask mandate due to outbreak. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/students-ordered-to-wear-masks-in-central-israel-due-to-local-covid-outbreak-1.9922073

Mask Mandate Reinstated in Parts of Israel Due to COVID Outbreak

Authorities announced on Saturday that 45 children in Binyamina were diagnosed with the virus, and they suspect it is the Indian COVID variant

The Ministry of Health has ordered students to wear masks in schools on Sunday, including in open areas, in Modi'in and Binyamina due to a coronavirus outbreak in the area.

Later on Sunday, the health ministry ordered that all those who attended a show in the Emek HaMaayanot area on Thursday must self-isolate after a positive case was identified among the audience.

Later, however, the ministry retracted its order and said no quarantines are needed.

The school year ended on Sunday for most high schools across the country; elementary schools end on June 30.

The health ministry announced on Saturday that 45 children in Binyamina were diagnosed with the virus, and that they suspect that it is the Indian variant. The outbreak was identified at random, with a student from Kramim School in Rishon Letziyon testing positive to the coronavirus. 

Wider testing of students resulted in additional positive tests, including some with symptoms. The source of the outbreak is under investigation, including a familial connection of one of the students who recently returned from abroad. All samples were sent for genetic sequencing to the National Genome Database.

The Indian variant is of concern to experts because it contains two protein mutations that may make it resistant to the vaccine. It is being examined whether this variant is more contagious than others.

In March, India's health ministry reported a variant of the virus that includes two genetic changes, a commonality between two variants of the virus that was previously known.

See? The Israelis call it as it is - the INDIAN VARIANT.
We have to call it the Delta variant. 🙄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/delta-plus-covid-19-variant-in-9-countries-india-has-22-cases-government-2469860

Experts Worry New Delta Plus Variant Could Trigger Third Wave

New Delhi: 

The Delta plus variant, a new mutant version of the Delta strain first detected in India, has been found in 22 cases in Maharashtra, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh and is a "variant of concern", the government said in a warning to these states this evening.

butuum4o_coronavirus-india-afp-650_650x4

• Praise 1

Supersonic
40 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

Went for a run earlier and stopped at junction. Red Light. Naturally I wasnt wearing a mask. A grab biker who also wasn't wearing one had to stop right NEXT TO ME.??!! There are lots of space around.... so how to stop the spread with all these idiots around?? If you're not wearing a mask due to cycling or running, the least you should do it stand further away if there are people around you.

Really no common sense. 

If others have no common sense and choose to stand near to you, then you can choose to move away from that person lo. No choice.

• Praise 6

14 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Even Israel has to reinstate mask mandate due to outbreak. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/students-ordered-to-wear-masks-in-central-israel-due-to-local-covid-outbreak-1.9922073

Mask Mandate Reinstated in Parts of Israel Due to COVID Outbreak

Authorities announced on Saturday that 45 children in Binyamina were diagnosed with the virus, and they suspect it is the Indian COVID variant

The Ministry of Health has ordered students to wear masks in schools on Sunday, including in open areas, in Modi'in and Binyamina due to a coronavirus outbreak in the area.

Later on Sunday, the health ministry ordered that all those who attended a show in the Emek HaMaayanot area on Thursday must self-isolate after a positive case was identified among the audience.

Later, however, the ministry retracted its order and said no quarantines are needed.

The school year ended on Sunday for most high schools across the country; elementary schools end on June 30.

The health ministry announced on Saturday that 45 children in Binyamina were diagnosed with the virus, and that they suspect that it is the Indian variant. The outbreak was identified at random, with a student from Kramim School in Rishon Letziyon testing positive to the coronavirus. 

Wider testing of students resulted in additional positive tests, including some with symptoms. The source of the outbreak is under investigation, including a familial connection of one of the students who recently returned from abroad. All samples were sent for genetic sequencing to the National Genome Database.

The Indian variant is of concern to experts because it contains two protein mutations that may make it resistant to the vaccine. It is being examined whether this variant is more contagious than others.

In March, India's health ministry reported a variant of the virus that includes two genetic changes, a commonality between two variants of the virus that was previously known.

Calling the India variant an Indian variant, not simi Delta Force green berets variant. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

10 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Went for a run earlier and stopped at junction. Red Light. Naturally I wasnt wearing a mask. A grab biker who also wasn't wearing one had to stop right NEXT TO ME.??!! There are lots of space around.... so how to stop the spread with all these idiots around?? If you're not wearing a mask due to cycling or running, the least you should do it stand further away if there are people around you.

Really no common sense.

I still see people pull down their mask to cough, some smoking and cough, some with mask but exhibit flu symptoms and the list goes on.

Hope that makes you feel better.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/delta-plus-covid-19-variant-in-9-countries-india-has-22-cases-government-2469860

New Delhi: 

The Delta plus variant, a new mutant version of the Delta strain first detected in India, has been found in 22 cases in Maharashtra, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh and is a "variant of concern", the government said in a warning to these states this evening.

If, if only, Modi can stop all outbound flight from India; and prevent its citizen from leaving the country via land or sea also, than i think the whole world can recover faster. 

Than again, people will label me as racist [:(]

• Praise 5

Covid-19: MOH updates ‘close contact’ criteria; man quarantined after exposure to Bukit Merah View cases for a few mins on some days

A man was placed on a home quarantine order because he had a cumulative exposure of more than 15 minutes to three Covid-19 cases
MOH updated its definition of close contacts on June 21 to include those with cumulative exposure to suspected Covid-19 cases
Infectious disease experts said this is just a form of risk stratification

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-moh-updates-close-contact-criteria-man-quarantined-after-exposure-bukit-merah

now its based on cumulative exposure.

21 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Going off on a tangent, our elite administrative service officers and cabinet are paid 400k to 1.2m, why are they always a step behind the HK policy makers? Since the admin service officers are careers and not politically driven, why don't we just offer these equivalent people citizenship and jobs. Singapore loves foreign talents don't we? 

I talk to my hk colleagues they say exactly the same thing about their civil servants!  I see you good, you see me good lah.  

• Haha! 5

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Chongster said:

I talk to my hk colleagues they say exactly the same thing about their civil servants!  I see you good, you see me good lah.  

Your HK colleagues can't see the Singapore admin service and elected officials are always 1-2 steps behind them? That's odd.

At the very least they can see all the salaries right? Singapore is at least 1.5 to 2x ahead of them, more so at the elected officials level. 

I bet if we offer these top HK civil servants citizenships and equivalent jobs here they can't wait to fly here. At the minimum they can live in much bigger house in Singapore. We get real talents and they get more salary. Win-win.

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Windwaver said:

New Delhi: 

Waiting for Delta Pro, Delta Pro Max and Delta MIni...

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

Singapore to receive new batch of Covid-19 vaccines, called Comirnaty, that are same as Pfizer's: MOH

SINGAPORE - Singapore is set to receive a batch of vaccines called Comirnaty, as the Republic ramps up supplies to get as many people inoculated as possible.

In a statement on Wednesday (June 23), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said that the vaccines are the same as the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines that are now used in the national vaccination programme.

It has the same research name BNT162b2, the MOH said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-to-receive-new-batch-of-vaccines-called-comirnaty-same-as-pfizer-moh

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
29 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Waiting for Delta Pro, Delta Pro Max and Delta MIni...

istockphoto-903035060-612x612.jpg

• Haha! 9

Hypersonic
(edited)
13 hours ago, CremornePt said:

First our neighbour to the north lost control of COVID.

Now it's our large neighbour to the south...

ID.JPG.338d0bda4a4d2162322e4167111694f6.JPG

COVID-wise South East Asia is not doing well in 2021.

Indonesia should be getting the South Asia virus.

Even UK cases increase drastically due to South Asia virus.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Huat ah!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/stay-home-notice-cut-to-14-days-for-new-arrivals-from-high-risk-zones-but-they-will-need

All new travellers arriving from high-risk countries and regions must be placed on a 14-day stay-home notice (SHN) from Wednesday (June 23) instead of 21 days at dedicated facilities.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2