COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Novavax? Will be here before year end I’m sure. Better to under promise but over deliver.

It’s already mid July, just a few more months.

At least Pfizer has more than one year of data, the side effects for Novavax will only surface after a while and i am pretty sure there will be some.

fear and hope, both keep us alive. Lol

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Novavax? Will be here before year end I’m sure. Better to under promise but over deliver.

It’s already mid July, just a few more months.

If Novavax is offer under gahment vaccination programme, high chance will be here fast. Cause gahment also know many people dont want mRNA, so if they really want to achieve a higher population vaccine rate, then they must also have non mRNA as an alternative choice.

Unless Novavax is not offer by gahment, like sinovac, then may not  be here by year end.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

If Novavax is offer under gahment vaccination programme, high chance will be here fast. Cause gahment also know many people dont want mRNA, so if they really want to achieve a higher population vaccine rate, then they must also have non mRNA as an alternative choice.

Unless Novavax is not offer by gahment, like sinovac, then may not  be here by year end.

Depends on Phase 3 trial results 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

At least Pfizer has more than one year of data, the side effects for Novavax will only surface after a while and i am pretty sure there will be some.

Like you said, everything also have their own risk and side effects. The thing is how serious and how many?! But if Novavax is offer by gahment, think it should be still quite safe, same like the current two vaccine being offered now. Lol.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It will be, mai kancheong.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/spore-may-get-non-mrna-novavax-covid-19-vaccine-before-year-end

SINGAPORE - Singapore has signed advance purchase agreements with American biotechnology company Novavax to secure its protein-based Covid-19 vaccine, with supplies possibly arriving before the end of the year.

Singapore's Health Ministry (MOH) signed the agreements with Novavax in January this year, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said on Thursday (June 24) at a virtual press conference held by the multi-ministry task force on Covid-19.

He added that MOH has been looking for vaccines of good quality, which are safe and effective, to be part of the national vaccination programme, and noted that Novavax has recently showed encouraging results.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

That's a risk I have to take since I choose take Novavax.

To put it bluntly, not everyone want a mRNA vaccine. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

yeah ... we have to use BIG head to open up sensibly and gradually ... 

just hope the authority dont go on turbo mode and make fatal mistakes like the dorm cases explosion with thousands of cases per day

Ya learn from advanced amdk countries like Holland.

15 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Jus saw the mandarin version of the news reporting that countries such as thailand were taking shortcuts by mixing different vaccines into a cocktail jab. Now we are really in unchartered territory. Hope we dun see any zombie or T-viruz or rage virus soon..😅

they are stuck between a rock and a hard place ..

the original plan was to have their local AZ manufacturing on stream for most local vaccinations .. however that was somehow slow and doses coming out are not at original quantities expected/needed ..

so the alternative was said to be SV .. which was more odd than odd since they paid more for each dose of SV than either of the mRNA vaccines they chose not to procure ..

vaccinations started with the frontline healthcare workers, workers in the tourism sectors like phuket etc, but even with 2 doses the results were not quite where most had hoped ..  

so what do you do if you were in that situation?

revaccinate everyone again? i suppose this is the next best .. to supplement the SVs with AZ or something, so that the protection would be at least where a single AZ dose would be ..

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, CremornePt said:

Can't wait bro!! 😀

Curious under what context you travelling? For work or leisure or being a foreigner returning or something else? Need to quarantine?

12 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Curious under what context you travelling?

Work. No quarantine on arrival in US, but will need SHN quarantine on the return. (2 weeks currently)

Supercharged
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Mooose said:

they are stuck between a rock and a hard place ..

the original plan was to have their local AZ manufacturing on stream for most local vaccinations .. however that was somehow slow and doses coming out are not at original quantities expected/needed ..

so the alternative was said to be SV .. which was more odd than odd since they paid more for each dose of SV than either of the mRNA vaccines they chose not to procure ..

vaccinations started with the frontline healthcare workers, workers in the tourism sectors like phuket etc, but even with 2 doses the results were not quite where most had hoped ..  

so what do you do if you were in that situation?

revaccinate everyone again? i suppose this is the next best .. to supplement the SVs with AZ or something, so that the protection would be at least where a single AZ dose would be ..

I hope this is not the start to X-mens and zombies. [confused]

All these vaccines mix here, mix there..these are not drinks man

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Starry said:

I hope this is not the start to X-mens and zombies. [confused]

so many movies about zombie, walking deads, pandemic, strange virus, invisible enemy, etc .... i think we are heading there .... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

so many movies about zombie, walking deads, pandemic, strange virus, invisible enemy, etc .... i think we are heading there .... 

I remembered that in 80s and 90s when Hollywood was coming out with  talking robots, self driving cars, space travel movies,  I thought they were just fantasy and BS.

But they are all now becoming a reality.

So now I am wiser,  I am not going to discount the fact that zombies will not happen.

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Starry said:

I remembered that in 80s and 90s when Hollywood was coming out with  talking robots, self driving cars, space travel movies,  I thought they were just fantasy and BS.

So now I am wiser,  I am not going to discount the fact that zombies will not happen.

Remember - 1 shot to the head. 🤣

Soon we will have AI police like in the movie Chappie.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Starry said:

when i watch Back to the future .... i was expecting Hoverboard but we got E-scooter ... muahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2