COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

Hypersonic
40 minutes ago, Raubern said:

OYK yesterday said no change in dining in rules despite the large KTV cluster, LW says covid measures will be updated soon in view of the KTV cluster. Means what? LW buay song OYK and is back to clear the mess that OYK made?

OYK kenna overwrite a few times by the task forxe before. Like no school closure coz school is a safe environment, shortly after task force close the school. As MOT also.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
48 minutes ago, Raubern said:

OYK yesterday said no change in dining in rules despite the large KTV cluster, LW says covid measures will be updated soon in view of the KTV cluster. Means what? LW buay song OYK and is back to clear the mess that OYK made?

OYK looks like very zai, even now have this large KTV cluster, so he still take it lightly as new normal? Lol.

(edited)
1 hour ago, bsswan said:

And yet, here we are in the inevitability already that COVID in all variants is in Singapore and worldwide.

New Zealand had four cases today, likely still on the back of reuniting family and friends in Australia when both had zero case.

You tell me how to stop it 100%, other than a complete and total closure, can?

People must cross borders for trade, at the very least. Boats entering the harbour, planes bringing freight, trucks bringing food. No country can live completely shut off so, yes, on that basis, airborne virus' are inevitable.

I'm doing business and I receive goods from my o/s suppliers and my customers here get the supplies plus service. Why do we need human and their virus to personally deliver goods to Singapore, other than cocaine, opium and heroin. Actually these could be delivered as well without human. I don't understand your point at all.

I still get my food meat and vegetables from overseas and I'm damn sure we have not enough farms to feed 5.5m daily. All these are from overseas.

I'm asking you - if everything is inevitable, JHK and IB, why don't we open our borders now without quarantine now?? No point doing any form of control since it is inevitable right?

You are telling me it is inevitable because delta is already here dìue to your pap's mishandling by allowing many thousands from the highest risk countries to enter Singapore. I'm telling you we could have minimised our risk by limiting their entries. Even if breach we still have our team of tracers to track the lower number and our hospitals still can cope. Unlike what is happening in your shiat country now.

There are 200 countries in the world. Opening to the world (which we have always done) is not equivalent to restricting people from highest risk countries, IB. I don't understand why I have to keep repeating this to you paid guys. 

I'm Singaporean and you can come to my office and I can show u all my shipping bills for my goods. I want to see your face. I have pm you.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
54 minutes ago, bsswan said:

That's why, for many decades and a while ago, parents would hold Chickenpox, Measles, Flu parties if sorts, let the kids catch everything and move on.

This was on the theory "kids get over everything better" and it's better to have these these younger instead of older.

Ya covid = chicken pox. I learn a lot from your posts and from that cremont.

Edited by Weez911

(edited)

Think they are coming up with new measures to make it mandatory for people who have come into close and casual contact, as well as people sharing the same area to go for PCR and mini quarantine.

Pray tell me this is better than controlling the border properly. This is so disruptive and confusing (with all the new acronyms) for businesses and people with real jobs knn.

Again, locals suffer while they let infected people with exotic variant in.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Think they are coming up with new measures to make it mandatory for people who have come into close and casual contact, as well as people sharing the same area to go for PCR and mini quarantine.

Pray tell me this is better than controlling the border properly. This is so disruptive and confusing (with all the new acronyms) for businesses and people with real jobs knn.

Again, locals suffer while they let infected people with exotic variant in.

Latest cluster is the erotic type 1 ( of course must be exotic also ) 

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The only difference is more than half of the population is now vaccinated but we know it does not stop infection and most are asymptomatic carriers.

There must be hundreds more out there who are infected. What is clusterf**k.

Gahmen already say in future just focus on hospitalisation numbers. Infected but no serious symptoms, only isolate yourself at home. But then I think they are still carting away people for QO at hotel from this latest outbreak, isn't it??

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Gahmen already say in future just focus on hospitalisation numbers. Infected but no serious symptoms, only isolate yourself at home. But then I think they are still carting away people for QO at hotel from this latest outbreak, isn't it??

Deleted

Edited by Kopites

Hypersonic
(edited)
10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/07/moh-16-year-old-demise-not-vaccine-related/?fbclid=IwAR0bJi_w3AATMEAacvxLnG5rrYvbsTVjq0DlHP3bqzdDThEnxQrTnojogu4

MOH: Recent death of 16-year-old boy not vaccine-related

Not related to vaccine (of course) but don't know if it's the same boy. 

10 hours ago, Othello said:

again, play of words. If it's a different boy, they will write BIG BIG. 

Your guess is my guess 

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Why can't they use plain simple English and say they are different boys if that is the case? Instead say it's not vaccine related which makes people speculate to be same boy but the authority  rule out vaccine related.

Finally something simple person can understand. They are different boys. Glad to hear this gym boy  is out of ICU and is stable. Hopefully he can go back to his usual fitness regime when he recovers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/16-year-old-boy-who-suffered-from-cardiac-arrest-after-taking-covid-19-vaccine-has

he 16-year-old boy who suffered from cardiac arrest after taking his Covid-19 vaccine has been transferred out of the intensive care unit and his medical condition remains stable, said the Ministry of Health on Thursday (July 15).

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic
51 minutes ago, Ender said:

Finally something simple person can understand. They are different boys. Glad to hear this gym boy  is out of ICU and is stable. Hopefully he can go back to his usual fitness regime when he recovers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/16-year-old-boy-who-suffered-from-cardiac-arrest-after-taking-covid-19-vaccine-has

Good to know and wish this boy get well soon. 

As for the other boy, RIP.

• Sad 1

Hypersonic

Talking about chickenpox, if you had it before…please go and get the shingles  vaccine to prevent an outbreak. Don’t worry, it’s not mRNA. 😁

Only have two brands here - Zostavax and Shingrix.

• Praise 3

2 KTV lounges at Parklane Shopping Mall closed due to likely ongoing Covid-19 transmission

The lounges are Las Vegas KTV and Tuberose KTV at 35 Selegie Road, which is the address of the mall.

This to break any potential chain of transmission and enable deep cleaning, said MOH.

Free Covid-19 testing will also be extended to those who visited both outlets or similar KTV lounges and clubs operating as food and beverage outlets between June 29 and Thursday.

Those who interacted with social hostesses of any nationality in any setting in the same period should also get tested, which is free.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/2-ktv-lounges-at-selegie-closed-due-to-likely-ongoing-covid-19-transmission-34-new

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57845159

ake the news globally now. someone must have approved such establishment to act as F&B. My understanding many such ktv doesn't come with kitchen at all!

"Singapore's nightlife establishments - including nights and karaoke outlets - have been closed since March 2020 as part of strict Covid measures. However, some businesses were allowed to pivot to food and beverage outlets instead..."'

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Sosaria said:

When they said that, they didn’t count on “future” to arrive one week later. 
the virus doesn’t work according to our schedule and doesn’t give anyone face 😂

• Haha! 3

hmmm...vietbu came i thru family lane liao

i can only think of one here in mcf, who became family with 'one of them' 🤔

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

On 7/13/2021 at 5:39 PM, Ender said:

The operators should strictly enforce social distancing between the girls and patrons and all wear masks during the singing.

Meaning Vietnam girls bare naked but as long as wore masks is legal liao right? 

• Haha! 6

(edited)

The woman who is the first case linked to the growing KTV cluster of Covid-19 infections is a short-term visit pass holder from Vietnam who entered Singapore in February via the Familial Ties Lane, sponsored by her Singaporean boyfriend.

=======

She got it in Singapore. Surprise surprise. Most likely a chiongster passed to her.

And this means there are hidden reservoir, and we should quickly vaccinate those foreigners who are in high risk jobs.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3