COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

I realise that people seem to have this need. I just don't fully understand it as I am an introvert. 

I think more people need to discover the joys of introversion. Mingling is overrated. 

Agreed.. i been social distancing since young.. so the 1 meter rule, gathering rule don impact me..

And honestly i don really have friends.. most are colleagues.. i like to do things alone..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

52 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

fig-8-(19-jul).jpg.ebf457a1bb47021fd8f95172621e11da.jpg

With the breakdown of cases between the unvaccinated group and the vaccinated group, it is clear that the vaccine offers no protection against infection. 

While that may be true your chart doesnt show it because we actually don't know actually how many are exposed in the first place. This only counts those who have got it. If 190 fully vaccinated caught it out of 190 exposed then yes, no protection. But if 10,000 were exposed then its still very effective

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Agreed.. i been social distancing since young.. so the 1 meter rule, gathering rule don impact me..

And honestly i don really have friends.. most are colleagues.. i like to do things alone..

Just come to MCF TCSS! Here you know no one chat/respond to your posts because they need something from you. All genuine ones.... 

And keep a dog too.

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I realise that people seem to have this need. I just don't fully understand it as I am an introvert. 

I think more people need to discover the joys of introversion. Mingling is overrated. 

😁

d15b6b2f71a1070bd4b2b1d18e17ad40.jpg

6a4e24780ff17d937d52f7dc8ea33a10.jpg

Every-master-must-find-his-path-to-inner-peace.jpg

• Haha! 6

(edited)
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Should catch all those KTV operators and patrons and give them all a public flogging 

My logic explaination....... :=B:

Actually, we can't really put the blame on KTV fully.  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

They still have a percentage to share on the blame for doing those illegal thingy inside KTV adding to the outburst.   

I had received unconfirmed informations that the fishmongers are the initial point. Before the arrival of the fishing boats which usually after midnight and after a day sleep, they would go for drinks at KTV to enjoy before proceeding to the fish port.

Our Gov had done well in land, sea (jetties) & air arrival but there could be some mistakes or lapse on the arrival of fishing boats at fishery ports. These are Indonesia fishing boat with Indonesians working on board and currently Indonesia are spreading COVID at an explosive rates.  

As we can see in today report that the current total number of positive cases at fishery port (400+ cases) as compare to the cases by KTV (300+ cases) 

Maybe we should copied what China had done in order to contain the spread by a complete lockdown for 2 to 3 weeks or until such time that zero cases reported or every Singaporean fully vaccinated.

Then we open up completely. :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Supercharged
(edited)
28 minutes ago, yishunite said:

While that may be true your chart doesnt show it because we actually don't know actually how many are exposed in the first place. This only counts those who have got it. If 190 fully vaccinated caught it out of 190 exposed then yes, no protection. But if 10,000 were exposed then its still very effective

Because we don't really know how many are exposed in the first place across the different profiles, the way I read this chart is that out of 615 (over last 28 days as of 19th July) who have caught the virus,  179 of them (29%)  were partially vaccinated and 190 of them (31%) were fully vaccinated.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

(edited)
42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Doc, I understand your POV.

Rather than food nice or not, it is the ability to dine outdoor.

Nowadays, ppl will go out whenever possible.

Despite high number of cases yesterday, ppl still go out.

Maybe LOCKDOWN fatigue.

I live to eat and the food taste way better with good companions. 

If this goes on, a lot of my favourite hawker stalls are just going to disappear. 

"Pivot" to Grab and let them control the market. I hope not.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Kindred spirit. 

I'll say it in a way only a fellow introvert can understand. 

Nice not knowing you, and looking forward to not meeting you. 😁

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

fig-8-(19-jul).jpg.ebf457a1bb47021fd8f95172621e11da.jpg

With the breakdown of cases between the unvaccinated group and the vaccinated group, it is clear that the vaccine offers no protection against infection.  What remains unknown is whether the vaccine can significantly reduce death.

The case fatality rate is not only dependent on vaccines but also on the capacity of healthcare resources. We have seen a fatality rate of 4-5% in countries with an overwhelmed healthcare system. Similarly, the current case fatality rate of 0.4% and 0% in the unvaccinated group and the vaccinated group, respectively are possibly due to a good healthcare system. The case fatality rate will increase when the case number increases.

Don't assume we can have an endemic with the vaccination. It has not been scientifically proven so far. The UK is testing this hypotheis now with its opening up this week. MTF should exercise some patience to wait for the results before opening up. 

Your conclusion don't seems to gel with what i have read. 

I hope you are wrong but we will know in a few weeks. 

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Without opening up travelling to HK, we will die meh? .... :lll._.:

both sides minister want to claim victory ma ... huat ah!

even bubble get on ... how many people fly there and fly here 

1,000 ... 10,000 ... 100,000 ?

the question is not the "importance" of travel but "symbolic" that bubble is done

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
57 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Doc, I understand your POV.

Rather than food nice or not, it is the ability to dine outdoor.

Nowadays, ppl will go out whenever possible.

Despite high number of cases yesterday, ppl still go out.

Maybe LOCKDOWN fatigue.

Ya la, despite recent high number of cases and default wfh, there are still many people outside and also many cars on the road. As if like pre covid days lo.

• Praise 1