COVID-19: Phase 3 Heightened Alert 14 Jun to…

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

Previously on Phase 2 Heightened Alert:

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Must thank Team Tiko

if not all go back office Liao :XD:

no lah.. its the fishy team. tiko rangers not the biggest cluster ma

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Pragmatically, can we close off our border against these really high-risk countries?

We ban flights from Myanmar but not Indonesia.

In January, I had highlighted a high number of imported maids. 

On other hand, there are a lot of families that rely on maids.

There are even report of employers willing to pay more to import maids.

If we can, we should. 

If no pragmatically, then we need to close off any loopholes which may expose an oversight. For example, 21 to 14 days SHN for incoming foreigners from high risk regions. Granted that there is a PCR test upon arrival, 3 ART tests in between, and a final PCR test on the 14th day, we are still counting on an incubation period of 14 days.

We are assuming all new mutations will only be 14 days incubation. I'm no covid expert, but I do think this is another loophole against unknown variants. 

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

If we can, we should. 

If no pragmatically, then we need to close off any loopholes which may expose an oversight. For example, 21 to 14 days SHN for incoming foreigners from high risk regions. Granted that there is a PCR test upon arrival, 3 ART tests in between, and a final PCR test on the 14th day, we are still counting on an incubation period of 14 days.

We are assuming all new mutations will only be 14 days incubation. I'm no covid expert, but I do think this is another loophole against unknown variants. 

If we can't stop importing maid, I am not sure we can stop the import.

The high-risk region should be further split.  Otherwise, it is not meaningful at all.

Quarantine is no foolproof against leakage.

The best is to ensure that PCR test is done properly at the source before boarding.

This time, Delta was imported via Jurong Fishery Market.  Not sure whether the screening measure is the same as Malaysia Lorry Driver.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

https://www.change.org/p/cancel-singapore-national-day-parade-ndp-2021

Online petition started to cancel NDP 2021 celebrations due to Covid-19 cases spike.

I'd prefer it morph into something smaller yet more grandeur scale... 

Get our choiced presidant get on the LR and go circulate our hospitals 3 rounds each...

Why 3 rounds? Those who play MJ should know...😁

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
21 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

130 Jurong Fishery Market

8 KTV cluster

30 Unlinked

30 unlinked.... wow

Turbocharged
(edited)

There were some NDP rehearsal photos circulating in the whatsapp group and internet.

https://mustsharenews.com/crowds-ndp-rehearsals/

Not too sure it is real, but if it is, it is really worrying.

Looking at the crowd, it is like there are no social distancing ambassadors and no chenghu.

NDP cluster in the making?  We better learn from our mistakes and cannot take a reactive approach like ktv.

We better save up the NDP celebration money and use it for nation support during covid times instead.  

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

52 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If we can't stop importing maid, I am not sure we can stop the import.

The high-risk region should be further split.  Otherwise, it is not meaningful at all.

Quarantine is no foolproof against leakage.

The best is to ensure that PCR test is done properly at the source before boarding.

This time, Delta was imported via Jurong Fishery Market.  Not sure whether the screening measure is the same as Malaysia Lorry Driver.

I agree with you that high risk regions should have further segregation, and the categorisation should be highly dynamic to reflect the situation real time. Else, it will be like in Jan this year in which WHO declared delta a global health concern, but we only restrict Indians from Mar onwards. 

Ensuring PCR test at the source before boarding will require us to station our own guys overseas, that is much harder to do than to ensure we screen everyone carefully here straight away upon their arrival. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

There were some NDP rehearsal photos circulating in the whatsapp group and internet.

Looking at the crowd, it is like there are no social distancing ambassadors and no chenghu.

NDP cluster in the making?  We better learn from our mistakes and cannot take a reactive approach like ktv.

We better save up the NDP celebration money and use it for nation support during covid times instead.  

Think there are still quite a few NDP rehearsal coming in next few weeks, guess people still continue flock there to catch fireworks etc, despite phase 2 and local cases so high.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

Last year ndp was cancelled. I don't recall any rehearsal held.

Looking at the pictures  crowd with mask on so likely to be this year rehearsal.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Last year ndp was cancelled. I don't recall any rehearsal held.

Looking at the pictures  crowd with mask on so likely to be this year rehearsal.

Last year there was a small scale of NDP held inside a theatre, not at floating platform area, so even have rehearsal public also cannot see them. Also there was no fire works at marina area. But this year everything is back at marina area. So people surely will go there as usual to see, as nobody would remember and bother if currently we still have covid pandemic going on. Actually last year there was also large crowds gathered in heartlanders to celebrate NDP, but lucky no outbreak of any covid cases.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Think there are still quite a few NDP rehearsal coming in next few weeks, guess people still continue flock there to catch fireworks etc, despite phase 2 and local cases so high.

I have this sh!t flying over my house every day, and double on Saturday, I don't think there is any scaling back so far, but I need to wait properly to the coming weekend to be sure.

Supersonic
42 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I have this sh!t flying over my house every day, and double on Saturday, I don't think there is any scaling back so far, but I need to wait properly to the coming weekend to be sure.

They already say NDP proceed as plan liao. So the flying would still going on la.

↡ Advertisement