Hari Raya/Wedding Costume saga with PA

Yewheng

Can we have a malay president next?

If one to go down that route than be prepared every actions/words will be closely scrutinized.

More to come. 

A fragmented society. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just now, mikk123 said:

she wants to use the opportunity to gain some fame lah...

It has nothing, not an ounce of it, with race....  victim mentality? 

PA should sack its public relation director. How can it make such big U-turn? It should have made a measured response since day one.. I don't need to see it myself, it is a mess in there.  

Too high handed lo

think they untouchable 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

I say PA should meet up with the couple, have all points clarified and move on. Denying a meeting for whatever reasons will be seen as admitting liability to some and the whole matter will be sidetracked further. 

I personally don't see any racism in the saga (unless I missed some points which was not shared in PA FB page). However if PA continue to publicise what the couple had claimed, it WILL become a racist issue nevertheless.

I have said previously in the other threads that the comments and involvement of our MP, ministers, etc. are uncalled for in most cases, which will only lead to more wanting to air their view and seek justice through social media.

While we have been enjoying racial harmony for the past 50 years, there are still occasional social intolerance in the community, such as people complaining their neighbours cooking curry, burning incense papers, holding funerals / wedding at void deck, etc. Does it warrant a minister to speak up for a particular race and/or religion in each and every incident posted on the social media?

We have sound legislation to deal with discrimination, racism and religious matters, so just let the police and councils do their job! If anyone was found guilty of committing an act which will weaken our social integrity, charge them in court and showcase to the world we are not tolerating to such act, FULLSTOP. 

I also think they should go ahead with the meeting, but make sure there is a senior figure or two from the same community participating on the side of PA. This will make for better communications and smooth things over.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, RadX said:

Too high handed lo

think they untouchable 

This I totally AGREE!!!! [thumbsup]

Really need a slap, and a tight tight one....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Actually I also do not see this mistake as racist.. copyright infringement and culturally ignorant yes.. but in what way is it racist?

Yah man.

PA is wrong from the start, no running away from it, but its mistake is far far away from racist....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I also think they should go ahead with the meeting, but make sure there is a senior figure or two from the same community participating on the side of PA. This will make for better communications and smooth things over.

I wanna disagree. 

But the reason why I disagree is because isnt this under the purview of Masagos or something? The screw up by PA has been settled (unless there is issue of compensation). I think the main issue now is to seek to promote understanding so I think Masagos is the best person to be the one to call for a meeting and he invites her plus a representative from PA to a meeting. 

PA calling for the meeting would be more of just trying to settle the current issue of using the cutouts.  Any discussion beyond that, I think Masagos should be involved as the authority figure plus neutral figure. 

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

Masagos not neutral lah.. perhaps Halimah should invite them for a reconciliation chit chat over tea.. think she quite free one.. 

• Haha! 6

PA should have proceed with the meet up, apologize and propose to close the case and move on.   If there are terms involve in the settlement, then decide if they are acceptable or negotiable. Should apologize not accepted and terms not negotiable, then leave the apologize open and let the other party decide their next course of action. 

Now what, close door to everything? Force close the case and let internet warriors fire at will? Or wait for any Minister to come to the rescue? 

Head of PA need to attend some PR course real soon, or the HOD for PR need a refreshment course?

Wait, I think PA doesnt even believe in PR? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

IMG_20210615_093824.thumb.jpg.52ce50bdaf3a8d6a350ac36e13f42834.jpg

Saw on Facebook comment.. 

There are always 2 side of the story.. but end of the day I feel PA make the wrong move on cancel the meetings.. although some said that if a person with bad intention can end up change topic or ask questions that led to them saying wrong things. This is a very valid point. But then cancel meeting is also political sucide as many people will think along the line of what is PA hiding that end up cancel the meeting, PA is not sincere, PA is arrogant and etc.. so that itself cost many votes.. 

It's seems like some support pa cancel the meeting, some prefer pa to continue with the meetings. Kinda split.. 

She was termed a victim? May i know she's being victimize by who n for what? Just bcos a photo of her used in a positive manner in a community event? 

Yeah, i read her initial post and to me It's obvious she out to draw blood over a small issue, gain fame or wat i dunno.

PA also stupid to the max, kenna baited like that, really not a single smart ass in their team, pay them so much n got this kind of low caliber peeps running the show.

Anyway, i'm sick of constantly seeing this "bring awareness to blah blah or how to move forward from this blah blah" kind of shit in this day of social media like insta or fb, mostly misused by attention seeking idjits, nabeh always small issue then throw in some political/religious/race spice n blow until got dragon got tiger,.. pui.

• Praise 9

this seems to be an overused plot capitalizing on the current euphoria

dangerous

• Praise 4

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

This I totally AGREE!!!! [thumbsup]

Really need a slap, and a tight tight one....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

need 2 slaps lah.. 1 for each of them

frankly this thing brewing last few days. i cant even be bothered by it.. but since it is posted in mcf, shiok.. can comment now

Edited by Nolicense
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, RadX said:

this seems to be an overused plot capitalizing on the current euphoria

dangerous

Yep, recently been seeing more n more of this kind of shitty antics..

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Actually I also do not see this mistake as racist.. copyright infringement and culturally ignorant yes.. but in what way is it racist?

Well said bro

3 hours ago, Tkseah said:

i am wondering. they have malay staff in pa right? so this project should have some malay staff to be overseeing or running the project right?

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

What has this issue gotta do with racism?

This lady name is Karen?

Another week, another karen

Getting to be almost SOP la

Next.....

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Masagos not neutral lah.. perhaps Halimah should invite them for a reconciliation chit chat over tea.. think she quite free one.. 

Meeting where? 

East Coast? 

Got a plan? 

Now can have group of 5, can get senior stuff to join already. 

Last month on 1+1, so maybe that's why PA don't want to meet 1 to 1. 

• Haha! 2

(edited)
24 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

PA is there to create employment.... the quality of the people running it? you see for yourself.  everyone is a director there, no many are working... what a waste of resources!  

The bar raise for PA. Not a abc company.

Goggle: About Us

The People’s Association (PA) was established on 1 July 1960 as a statutory board to promote racial harmony and social cohesion in Singapore. Our mission is to build and bridge communities in achieving one people, one Singapore. 

---------------

I don't need to underline that word. Racial harmony! In what manner did pa show the will to promote racial harmony?

Failure to understand various culture sensitivity. Cancelling the meeting.

Imo is so much more convenient to use "ignorant" as a  defence for racist.

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i am wondering. they have malay staff in pa right? so this project should have some malay staff to be overseeing or running the project right?

Isn't that more racist? Own race only can handle own race projects? Where does that even begin, let alone end.....

↡ Advertisement