Hari Raya/Wedding Costume saga with PA

Yewheng

Internal Moderator

Skipped skipped skipped. Gave her twenty seconds of my time. People will do and say anything for their own political agenda. That's the way Singapore is going down now when you mix politics with race and religion. 

FB_IMG_1623852691606.thumb.jpg.ab5c88bd5542dfc4d484565b5bed668a.jpg

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Skipped skipped skipped. Gave her twenty seconds of my time. People will do and say anything for their own political agenda. That's the way Singapore is going down now when you mix politics with race and religion. 

So you spent just some time watching the interview and decided that that was that and that was going to be your opinion without a proper analysis?

And really pulling up the WP post she made is what you're going for. So what if she is a WP supporter?

I urge you and everyone to watch the video with an open mind and please listen to what she says. And she doesn't mentioned that this is a racist issue. It is about racial ignorance that has to stop. She is trying to speak up for all minorities in Singapore. And FYI for those of you who are unaware, she is not Malay but Arab.

This whole things boils down to the fact that PA and a majority of Singaporeans are sill so blatantly ignorant of the cultures of minorities in Singapore and this despite the fact that we have been a multicultural society for longer than our nation has been around. It seems that the current stance is that if a minority is affected, then it should be swept under the rug because of the IDGAF attitude but it is okay because we will offer small token to appease them.

Examples of Blatant Ignorance:

Wishing Happy Deepavali to your Indian Muslim/Christian friends or neighbours (Some do celebrate it culturally but not religiously)

Wishing Happy New Year to your Malay Muslim during Hari Raya despite it not being their New Year.

The replies I have read in this thread make me feel that as a minority Singaporean that we have not progressed but instead regressed when it comes to racial discussion. No one is asking to be put on a pedestal here. We just want to be part of the "known" society of Singapore.

This will be my one and only response to this thread as I am not angry at most of the replies but utterly heartbroken and disappointed. 

• Praise 5
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Eh he calling you leh @Tianmo

Oh yes yes yes,  it's me it's me, the grand PAP IB,  great mouth piece for my master.... ^_^

@Cheesey74, Salah liao,  please redirect your KNNBCCBPAPIB to me,  thank you...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)
12 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

your are another one who is overly educated and overly sensitive.  How do people know if you are Indian Muslim or Indian Hindu? People wishing you happy festival means they wish you well... It is with good intention. How about we don't wish each well during festival? does it solve this problem that bothers you? 

It is you that try to draw a clear line between the majority race of Singaporean. In your subconscious mind, you keep on telling yourself that you are a minority and being unfairly treated and you start to observe any signs that reinforces your thinking. 

Singapore has tried very best to mix different races together and blur the line of our differences. During different festivals, we all enjoy holiday and wish everyone a happy festival regardless of race isn't it a good thing? 

Think positive, you will be happier. 

Maybe heshe is oso an learned scholar n expert on Chinese culture, Indian culture, western culture, alien culture, etc?

No?

Orrrrrrrrrrh.......racist

Edited by Soya
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Soya said:

Maybe heshe is oso an learned scholar n expert on Chinese culture, Indian culture, western culture, alien culture, etc?

No?

Orrrrrrrrrrh.......racist

https://fb.watch/6aATHzyr4W/

This sum things up..

We don't know what we don't know.. a lot of people falls into this trap including me.

Twincharged
3 hours ago, mikk123 said:

your are another one who is overly educated and overly sensitive.  How do people know if you are Indian Muslim or Indian Hindu? People wishing you happy festival means they wish you well... It is with good intention. How about we don't wish each well during festival? does it solve this problem that bothers you? 

It is you that try to draw a clear line between the majority race of Singaporean. In your subconscious mind, you keep on telling yourself that you are a minority and being unfairly treated and you start to observe any signs that reinforces your thinking. 

Singapore has tried very best to mix different races together and blur the line of our differences. During different festivals, we all enjoy holiday and wish everyone a happy festival regardless of race isn't it a good thing? 

well it depends.

Maybe some prolonged exposure of being a minority overseas will bring about changes in attitude for some.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Haha... as expected, politics will be brought in sooner or later!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

That's is why sometimes the chinese, especially the nice unker and auntie, would say 有心就好. Doesn't matter if you got our culture wrong, as long as the gesture and the heart is right. 

• Praise 8

Hypersonic
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Civic101 said:

Haha... as expected, politics will be brought in sooner or later!

Those photo can only be from Fabrications about the PAP. Very obvious.

This issue has nothing to do with politics. I don't support what she's doing though. 

Edited by Fcw75

Hypersonic
(edited)

Bloody stupiak PAP IB and those sharing also…hopeless.

This Sansui is a clown, no wonder keep losing at GE. 🤣

The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

I hope my pal in PA bo dio this sai.

Sending umbrellas to PA. 

After the DC ala BMW 1 cross dressing saga i would think they would be sensitive and alert.

I would be upset as well if my wedding photo was used and our faces excised without so much as an excuse me.

I would think of all the photos...the contractor had to choose this as an option for standee as well as the choosers should be investigated...

唯恐天下不乱。

https://www.linguee.com/chinese-english/translation/唯恐天下不亂.html

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Ara84 said:

Examples of Blatant Ignorance:

Wishing Happy Deepavali to your Indian Muslim/Christian friends or neighbours (Some do celebrate it culturally but not religiously)

Wishing Happy New Year to your Malay Muslim during Hari Raya despite it not being their New Year.

Frankly, i really dun understand how wishing Malay Muslim a Happy New Year is labelled as Blatent Ignorance. Really 'first' in Singapore. Live and embrace different cultures and religious belief with an open heart. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7