Hari Raya/Wedding Costume saga with PA

Yewheng

Hypersonic
(edited)

What has this issue gotta do with racism?

This lady name is Karen?

Anyway, learnt another new word today - Snowflake. 

After Umbrage. 

https://mothership.sg/2021/06/amrin-amin-snowflake/?fbclid=IwAR1uV5tbJiuICb_D1LKTbUw2G4ETgZGzcERI9UPVNj9-HHobAEEZkFOfXtM

"Snowflake" is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

Actually I also do not see this mistake as racist.. copyright infringement and culturally ignorant yes.. but in what way is it racist?

+1. 

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

That is PA assumption on that lady intention. PA representative haven't even met up with her and so quickly assume that lady intention based on she social media online posting of asking people to give her feedback and will voice it out to PA? Common.. also should give benefit of doubt.. if really so scared.. then when meet up put in extra layer of precaution lor.. the extra layer of precaution could be in a from of video taping the whole conversation just incase anything goes wrong or even call upon a security personnel on there standby just incase anything goes wrong. That would be far better then assuming things. 

Might be unpopular comment but video might not work. Depends on the intent of the lady cos social media is a weapon these days.

Because the lady might switch topics or bait the person to say the wrong thing.  Very easy to catch a person especially if it is a live interview.  If it was edited, very easy to say important parts were edited out.  Or a word can have two meanings.  And people harp on the second meaning.

For example

I can do this = it is physically possible for me to do this so I will

I can  do this = it is physically possible for me to do this but I don't want to do this and I will do the opposite (I only said I can do this but nothing else beyond that).

Twincharged

If it was an opposition town council that did this and the same reply given from the town council, I wonder if PA would support the town council? 
🤣

• Praise 1

I say PA should meet up with the couple, have all points clarified and move on. Denying a meeting for whatever reasons will be seen as admitting liability to some and the whole matter will be sidetracked further. 

I personally don't see any racism in the saga (unless I missed some points which was not shared in PA FB page). However if PA continue to publicise what the couple had claimed, it WILL become a racist issue nevertheless.

I have said previously in the other threads that the comments and involvement of our MP, ministers, etc. are uncalled for in most cases, which will only lead to more wanting to air their view and seek justice through social media.

While we have been enjoying racial harmony for the past 50 years, there are still occasional social intolerance in the community, such as people complaining their neighbours cooking curry, burning incense papers, holding funerals / wedding at void deck, etc. Does it warrant a minister to speak up for a particular race and/or religion in each and every incident posted on the social media?

We have sound legislation to deal with discrimination, racism and religious matters, so just let the police and councils do their job! If anyone was found guilty of committing an act which will weaken our social integrity, charge them in court and showcase to the world we are not tolerating to such act, FULLSTOP. 

• Praise 9

Twincharged
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Might be unpopular comment but video might not work. Depends on the intent of the lady cos social media is a weapon these days.

Because the lady might switch topics or bait the person to say the wrong thing.  Very easy to catch a person especially if it is a live interview.  If it was edited, very easy to say important parts were edited out.  Or a word can have two meanings.  And people harp on the second meaning.

For example

I can do this = it is physically possible for me to do this so I will

I can  do this = it is physically possible for me to do this but I don't want to do this and I will do the opposite (I only said I can do this but nothing else beyond that).

Hmm..

That's a good point.. like the recently happened on the old lady not wearing mask and the police officer go buy chicken wing for that old lady and ensure that the old lady is in safe hands to the maid but TOC spin the story to make that police officer look bad.

Perhaps that's one of the consideration. In that case cancel the meeting also has it valid point. It's a tough one in that case. Cancel Vs not cancel both also have it's plus and minus. 

Now I have a question which is deeper to think about.

Do we automatically assume a person is with bad intention when a person post something on social media like that lady asking for view from public so that she could feedback to PA also? Coz on the century, she could also be genuinely want PA to do even better and to improve on. So assume with bad intention or assume with good intention?

Assume with bad intention = negative thoughts Vs assume with good intention = positive thoughts?

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

This I agree..  

My new word for the day.. schadenfreude 

That can't be English but German right? 😅

Sha due foil the 😁

• Haha! 3

38 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Do we automatically assume a person is with bad intention when a person post something on social media like that lady asking for view from public so that she could feedback to PA also? 

Yes.  Imagine your boss wants to talk to you about a mistake you made.  Let's say minor mistake.  And the whole department knows that.  Before he calls you in for a meeting, he asks the department for feedback on your work performance.  Theoretically all your colleagues can be saying your work is good.  In theory.  But what would your assumption behind the motive of asking for feedback be?  And what do you think will be the likely kind of feedback that will be given to the boss?

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

Yes.  Imagine your boss wants to talk to you about a mistake you made.  Let's say minor mistake.  And the whole department knows that.  Before he calls you in for a meeting, he asks the department for feedback on your work performance.  Theoretically all your colleagues can be saying your work is good.  In theory.  But what would your assumption behind the motive of asking for feedback be?  And what do you think will be the likely kind of feedback that will be given to the boss?

I would think that the boss truely wanted to know my work performance as he might scared that mistake mightbe more then just a small error but more to incompetency so he need to gather more feedback from my co-workers.

The likely kind of feedback I feel would be more towards whether I am likable or not to my co-workers. If I am likable then higher chance that they will say good thing about me, if I am hated to the core, then that is a good opportunity for them to say bad things about me to the boss.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

IMG_20210615_093824.thumb.jpg.52ce50bdaf3a8d6a350ac36e13f42834.jpg

Saw on Facebook comment.. 

There are always 2 side of the story.. but end of the day I feel PA make the wrong move on cancel the meetings.. although some said that if a person with bad intention can end up change topic or ask questions that led to them saying wrong things. This is a very valid point. But then cancel meeting is also political sucide as many people will think along the line of what is PA hiding that end up cancel the meeting, PA is not sincere, PA is arrogant and etc.. so that itself cost many votes.. 

It's seems like some support pa cancel the meeting, some prefer pa to continue with the meetings. Kinda split.. 

(edited)

SMLJ racist lah!!!!

two totally disconnected issues.

Both parties also totally fark up...

PA, dont blame contractors. Who proposed the idea of using the cut out and who agreed to it? someone from PA need to endorse the artwork before contractor can processed with the work,  after which someone need to sign take over after job complete when it was put up. Contractor job is to do up artwork, cut and install, the user (PA) is clearly responsible for the idea. 

You Fark up, just admit you fark up and swallow it. 

I am just happy to see PA fark it up.  Wake up your idea you understand?

Stupid Racist woman, dont be stupid understand? Just because it happen to you, a so call minority, you start to use racist as a weapon to attack. The one who always call out racist against them are almost always the most racist themselves. Simple as that. 

So now what, PA apologies openly, not enough right? you want compensation? how much? just open mouth and say lah. 

Racist? where is the racist? Mai stupid lah!!! <_<[laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Ender said:

That is not rascist. That's incompetence, ignorance or not knowing their job well. Rascist would be they deliberately target a particular race negatively.

agree. but the can of worms opened by pap when we called for the stoppage in flights from a certain south asian country. keep playing this game of calling singaporeans xeno.

karma is a b1tch

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Actually I also do not see this mistake as racist.. copyright infringement and culturally ignorant yes.. but in what way is it racist?

Was about to say this. 

Like you, I see the problem in just being the improper use of photograph without permission. PA as a big organization should know better than to casually use a photo for whatever purpose. 

Second, I do not like the wording on the statements by PA on the Facebook. They sound like Ms Sarah is out to draw blood. Even if that's her intention, this whole fiasco started by PA. I would expect PA to take a softer approach to try to further defuse the emotions rather than going into details why they decided not to continue engaging with Ms Sarah. 

Look, you spill the coffee on the ground. If the coffee stain is difficult to wipe off, you still have to find ways and means to wipe it off and get it clean. Don't blame the coffee for being difficult. 

• Praise 6

8 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

IMG_20210615_093824.thumb.jpg.52ce50bdaf3a8d6a350ac36e13f42834.jpg

Saw on Facebook comment.. 

There are always 2 side of the story.. but end of the day I feel PA make the wrong move on cancel the meetings.. although some said that if a person with bad intention can end up change topic or ask questions that led to them saying wrong things. This is a very valid point. But then cancel meeting is also political sucide as many people will think along the line of what is PA hiding that end up cancel the meeting, PA is not sincere, PA is arrogant and etc.. so that itself cost many votes.. 

It's seems like some support pa cancel the meeting, some prefer pa to continue with the meetings. Kinda split.. 

i read some info that some ministar says pa needs a big chunk of budget to run to provide services for singaporeans. e.g. the mask distribution etc.

seems like they need performance appraisals and productivity scrutiny. we all know how big a black hole that org is

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

That is not rascist. That's incompetence, ignorance or not knowing their job well. Rascist would be they deliberately target a particular race negatively.

I think best summary statement....[thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

This is a very excellent sum up. Although some people might not like him, but then do read his post and the logic and statistics do not lie.

↡ Advertisement