Vin Diesel says 'Fast and Furious' saga will end in 2024

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

vin-diesel-says-fast-and-furious-saga-wi

After more than 20 years, the story of Dominic Toretto is drawing to a close — but not any time soon. Vin Diesel told The Associated Press on Thursday that after two more films, his chapter of the Fast and Furious saga will end in 2024.

"Every story deserves its own ending," Diesel said during a F9 press junket. "I know people are going to feel like it doesn’t have to end, but I think all good things should," he said. "There are reasons for a finale. I think this franchise has deserved it."

That isn't to say that there won't be more Fast and Furious films period. Other characters could get spinoffs — like we already saw with Hobbs & Shaw — or the films could maybe even reboot one day with new cast members entirely. As long as the cars go vroom, we're in.

The series debuted with 2001's The Fast and Furious, starring Diesel and the late Paul Walker. F9, originally scheduled for 2020, was one of the first movies to be delayed because of the coronavirus outbreak.

F9 hits U.S. theaters on June 25, but it's already out in other parts of the world and doing very well. The U.S. release will be an important test for the domestic box office, since Universal Pictures isn't releasing F9 anywhere other than theaters during its initial run.

Source: https://sea.mashable.com/entertainment/16155/vin-diesel-says-fast-and-furious-saga-will-end-in-2024

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

never say never, harrison ford is doing Indiana Jones at 78. :D

wanan bet he gonna come up with another star wars😁

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

wanan bet he gonna come up with another star wars😁

doubt so lah. he mati already.

gotta admit, his Han Solo and Indiana Jones characters are iconic. 

• Praise 3

I think he should end in 2026. The franchise started in 2001.

That way, he can say he lives his career a quarter century at a time. 😁

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I think he should end in 2026. The franchise started in 2001.

That way, he can say he lives his career a quarter century at a time. 😁

F&F is just watching CGI only. zero plot. 

only good thing about it was the inclusion of Kurt Russell and Charlize Theron [gorgeous]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

That isn't to say that there won't be more Fast and Furious films period. Other characters could get spinoffs — like we already saw with Hobbs & Shaw — or the films could maybe even reboot one day with new cast members entirely. As long as the cars go vroom, we're in.

When EVs take over the world means no more F&F franchise? Or the movie become like... A Quiet Place?

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

doubt so lah. he mati already.

gotta admit, his Han Solo and Indiana Jones characters are iconic. 

his face as indiana jones already burn into my mind.

when a new guy come up to act as indiana jones i dun think i can accept and if that happen i would give it a miss.😐

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

his face as indiana jones already burn into my mind.

when a new guy come up to act as indiana jones i dun think i can accept and if that happen i would give it a miss.😐

dont worry. with AI now, you can superimpose his face on anyone. just get them to wear a green face mask. and they can make him look younger too

we might see a film thats made entirely with dead actors. some director in hollywood is probably already thinking of it in his diabolical mind.. think Avatar, jar jar binks, gollum.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

dont worry. with AI now, you can superimpose his face on anyone. just get them to wear a green face mask. and they can make him look younger too

we might see a film thats made entirely with dead actors. some director in hollywood is probably already thinking of it in his diabolical mind.. think Avatar, jar jar binks, gollum.

same as those 80-90 hk wuxia drama.

i cannot accept those new actors taking the same roles😅

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

same as those 80-90 hk wuxia drama.

i cannot accept those new actors taking the same roles😅

you must remember, 80-90 the screen resolution is very poor.. after 4K come out people cannot accept the actors suddenly got so many pimples.

so if they put those 80-90 actors in 4K, you going to shock yourself. lol

• Haha! 1