‘Hermes of ice cream’ brand Zhong Xue Gao under fire after founder says people complaining about high prices can take it or leave it

DOBIEMKZ

36 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i like the last one.. but unfortunately not good is subjective. a lot of food is replaced with palm oil, trans fat. yea taste maybe hard to tell apart but its way cheaper. artificial flavour.. check. many people evaluate good just by taste. highly processed food taste good. but most people who buy the last option are not stupid. haiz

I meant taste not good. Like avocado sandwich. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I find Udders icecream not really that nice except that one or 2 unique local flavours.

Same - not enough unhealthy cream and sugar. 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I've not had any really good gelato in singapore. 

yea same same.. but i cant complain since i am a hdbee sng pao man.. ok maybe i splurge on the walls ice cream vendor on a push cart once in a while.. 🤪

Edited by Nolicense
  • Haha! 1

For me, Such things is really take it or leave.  You decide how you value it.  
Other people gian png, doesnt mean everyone gian png

Supercharged
29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I find Udders icecream not really that nice except that one or 2 unique local flavours.

I only eat their Orange Choc Bitters and nothing else. I tried their other flavours last time but not a fan. So, I've stuck to only this flavour for many years liao.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
11 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Same - not enough unhealthy cream and sugar. 

Maybe that's why I like it 😁

@therock  how does this compared to Pompi ? Pompi is nice and "cheap" , tried Venchi, i mostly go back to Pompi due to price also.

47 minutes ago, therock said:

For the best Gelato in the world..

https://santorinidave.com/florence-gelato

Florence Italy, the original place for it has this place which opens until midnight..

https://www.visitflorence.com/eating-and-drinking-in-florence/gelato-in-florence.html

image.png.ee255227cc2f78ffb67d5b67f5d4ed44.png

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

yea same same.. but i cant complain since i am a hdbee sng pao man.. ok maybe i splurge on the walls ice cream vendor on a push cart once in a while.. 🤪

I like those ice cream in between two slices of bread. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I like those ice cream in between two slices of bread. 

So atas - I only could afford those in between ONE slice of bread. 

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/trending-china/article/3137508/hermes-ice-cream-brand-zhong-xue-gao-under-fire?module=lead_hero_story_5&pgtype=homepage

Their people not supportive of their own country's premium brands, but will happily pay more for Haagen Dazs, Ben & Jerry, Magnum, etc.

For cars, no matter no high-tech or premium their Hong Qi cars are, they rather buy continental or Japanese brands.

:shy:

cause they know their own products always "大炮“。 china can make quality product only if the overseas brand owner insist and pays for it, or you have a very strong local company which believes in quality.

Else majority will just want to make the quick buck and bugger off. typical of most chinese companies.

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I agree with the guy. He has no monopoly. And Ice cream is not an essential item. Consumers are free to vote with their wallets. 

If it is good and expensive, some will buy. If it is cheap but no good, some will buy. If it is good and cheap, many will buy. If it is not good and not cheap, still some are stupid enough to buy! Simple formula.

same with hawker food with a queue.

1. taste is ok, but very good value for money.

2. Good food and acceptably priced.

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

So atas - I only could afford those in between ONE slice of bread. 

so atas.. i only can afford those between 1 plastic bag. last time have to use bare hands..

• Haha! 1

I also say BJ and HDL over priced.

One of my customer said my facials were overpriced.

Common its an extra service, she can just have a normal massage and as for paying for the special service facials she can take it or leave it!

I also say.

:D

(edited)

You can always DIY. I have a friend who is into ice cream told me he get to control the ingredients. Which is true, you are able to get fresh ingredients like fruits. You also get to choose the type of milk that goes into it. For ppl who are lactose intolerance they can use goat's milk. You can also avoid adding sugar into the ice cream. Or make gelato which is less sugar, using skim milk and water, a diluted version but healthier choice.

I tried his home made ice cream. It is just as good as expensive ice cream sold out there w/o any sugar added. You spent the money on the ingredients and ice cream making machine.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

cause they know their own products always "大炮“。 china can make quality product only if the overseas brand owner insist and pays for it, or you have a very strong local company which believes in quality.

Else majority will just want to make the quick buck and bugger off. typical of most chinese companies.

not saying what you say is wrong. but you got to look at the mass market. what is the gdp per cap? china is still a mostly lower and middle income country.

sure there are the few rich ones. but the mass market for the local businessman, who you think he can sell the biggest volume?

making a quick easy buck is where the opportunity is at this time of development for them. didnt japan used to be like that? even further back in time, didnt usa have to compete with european product? heck sg also used to be like that. until HSA started to become better, i can tell you there are still a lot of unscrupulous food practices going on.

you do know even mustafa repackage stuff that can be considered pirate goods to be sold here right? this is just human nature. see what you can get away with until the authority catches you or you can bribe them off.

boy i didnt know ice cream, a luxury good that can be made affordable now a days can be such a serious topic.

13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

You can always DIY. I have a friend who is into ice cream told me he get to control the ingredients. Which is true, you are able to get fresh ingredients like fruits. You also get to choose the type of milk that goes into it. For ppl who are lactose intolerance they can use goat's milk. You can also avoid adding sugar into the ice cream. Or make gelato which is less sugar, using skim milk and water, a diluted version but healthier choice.

I tried his home made ice cream. It is just as good as expensive ice cream sold out there w/o any sugar added. You spent the money on the ingredients and ice cream making machine.

i always make DIY sng pao. rose syrup sng pao. coca cola sng pao. milo sng pao.. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1