Hissing/static sound when playing from DSP

Biglittlebean

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Biglittlebean said:

Anyway, managed to capture the hissing sounds using my wife's phone. Any gurus can advise if this is normal and what I can do to resolve it? 

you play music no hissing sound right? only when you pause when there is a dead silence then got hissing sound.

Should be the grounding not done properly. Need to rewire only baz. you already on DAC right? 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

you play music no hissing sound right? only when you pause when there is a dead silence then got hissing sound.

Should be the grounding not done properly. Need to rewire only baz. you already on DAC right? 

The hissing sound can still be heard, but very very soft when music is being played. Can be considered as negligible. 

I did mention to the tuner that it could be a grounding issue, but he said no. He has adjusted the gains down and initially seem to have improved. But after some time, the hissing sound becomes more obvious. Have asked around my friends and they don't have this issue, even for those who use the same tuner. 

Not too sure what is DAC, or if I'm on it. On Esatto Massa MA-D4 DSP now. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Biglittlebean said:

The hissing sound can still be heard, but very very soft when music is being played. Can be considered as negligible. 

I did mention to the tuner that it could be a grounding issue, but he said no. He has adjusted the gains down and initially seem to have improved. But after some time, the hissing sound becomes more obvious. Have asked around my friends and they don't have this issue, even for those who use the same tuner. 

Not too sure what is DAC, or if I'm on it. On Esatto Massa MA-D4 DSP now. 

You try to get a ground looping wire.

270-054-700x700.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This one shouldn't cost alot and you can use this to determine if it is grounding issue. If not, it is the DSP prob le.

DAC is for headphone. 😂 pardon me. I noob. hahaha.

• Praise 1

The hiss could be amplified by your DSP due to higher gain (so HU don't have to adjust to higher volume). But since you said the tuner has already reduce the gain on the DSP and it is better, we eliminate this.

If you are playing a track with very quiet background and only 1-2 instruments playing like your sample track, then it could be inherent in the recording. Can you try playing directly via USB drive and not using the phone's Spotify? And also try a few different tracks.

• Praise 2

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. I went back to the shop today and told the staff about the issue. Managed to replicate the problem and they decided to swap the DSP with another new unit. After trying out, there's no hissing or clicking sound from the Bluetooth connection. Likely there were some connection issues with the Bluetooth of the old dsp. Anyway, no questions asked about the one to one swap.

Appreciate the prompt and professional services of the staff. Will continue to monitor if the hissing sounds will come back. What a interesting start to my ICE journey, but I must say that the way the staff keep trying to help me makes me feel more assured when I want to upgrade the system next time. 

2 hours ago, Biglittlebean said:

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. I went back to the shop today and told the staff about the issue. Managed to replicate the problem and they decided to swap the DSP with another new unit. After trying out, there's no hissing or clicking sound from the Bluetooth connection. Likely there were some connection issues with the Bluetooth of the old dsp. Anyway, no questions asked about the one to one swap.

Appreciate the prompt and professional services of the staff. Will continue to monitor if the hissing sounds will come back. What a interesting start to my ICE journey, but I must say that the way the staff keep trying to help me makes me feel more assured when I want to upgrade the system next time. 

great it is now solve.

hope the defective unit not fall to another victim like you.. 

9 minutes ago, Contipro said:

great it is now solve.

hope the defective unit not fall to another victim like you.. 

According to them, they will send it back to the manufacturer for exchange since they are the authorized dealer. I'm sure their reputation will mean more than the DSP. 

But now another new problem. Realized that the settings now all different from the original setup. Will have to go back one more time for tuning. 😂

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Biglittlebean said:

According to them, they will send it back to the manufacturer for exchange since they are the authorized dealer. I'm sure their reputation will mean more than the DSP. 

But now another new problem. Realized that the settings now all different from the original setup. Will have to go back one more time for tuning. 😂

If they are the distributor, can just RMA the unit.

Hopefully your re-tuning is free for the next round since it’s no fault of yours. 

• Praise 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, Naimed said:

If they are the distributor, can just RMA the unit.

Hopefully your re-tuning is free for the next round since it’s no fault of yours. 

Just went back today for retuning at no extra cost. Ted(the boss) did the tuning personally. Really appreciate him and his staff for being patient and willing to assist me. 

• Praise 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:30 PM, Jamesc said:

Wonder who will get the special hissing unit!

:D

Please post here and recycle this thread and go green!

reduce, reuse, recycle, replicate dsp hissing

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2