Hundreds of Sinovac-injected Indonesian doctors contract COVID

steveluv

Supersonic

'Significant' problems linked to Sinovac vaccine in other countries: MOH official

Alluding to recent reports that more than 350 doctors and medical workers in Indonesia caught COVID in Indonesia despite being vaccinated with CoronaVac, Associate Professor Mak noted, "It's not a problem associated with Pfizer. This is actually a problem associated with the Sinovac vaccine, and in other countries, they are now starting to think about booster vaccinations, even six months out from an original vaccination for some of these vaccines as well.

https://news.yahoo.com/significant-problems-sinovac-vaccine-other-countries-moh-official-105357031.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Vinyl said:

Indonesian propaganda?

Screenshot_20210618_154710.thumb.jpg.377e94cbd55c70f1159cdd65201cec94.jpg

Spot on bro, its just another propaganda and someone trying to play with numbers again. 

As somebody who frequently works with data and numbers, it does not help that news channels all over the world are merely playing with skewed data to feed their own/owner's agenda.

1) Real world vaccine efficacy rates are affected by the number of tests done. Less tests in the population = less positive cases picked up.

2) Significant number of covid positive cases in Singapore are asymptomatic. In many 3rd world countries, do these people go for test when they don't feel sick? Can they afford it? Do the govt have the means to test all of them even if they are sick? 

With the above 2 points, who can trust any type of claims on efficacy, especially in 3rd world countries where govt do not have the means to conduct mass testings? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Spot on bro, its just another propaganda and someone trying to play with numbers again. 

As somebody who frequently works with data and numbers, it does not help that news channels all over the world are merely playing with skewed data to feed their own/owner's agenda.

1) Real world vaccine efficacy rates are affected by the number of tests done. Less tests in the population = less positive cases picked up.

2) Significant number of covid positive cases in Singapore are asymptomatic. In many 3rd world countries, do these people go for test when they don't feel sick? Can they afford it? Do the govt have the means to test all of them even if they are sick? 

With the above 2 points, who can trust any type of claims on efficacy, especially in 3rd world countries where govt do not have the means to conduct mass testings? 

Among frontliners exposed to high viral loads and limited ppe, that's not a bad figure.

• Praise 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-bukit-merah-cluster-long-queues-surface-toilets-15040558

"Fifty per cent of the 56 cases are unvaccinated, 32 per cent are fully vaccinated, while the rest have received one jab or have not got full protection from two doses, Assoc Prof Mak said."

Let me paraphrase it as "50% of the bukit merah cluster are vaccinated mainly with Pfizer". 

How about i add in some number play here?

Let's assume a sampling size of about 3000 people visiting the hawker center over 2 days (before the cluster is detected) and 40% of these people are fully vaccinated,

Does that mean that the Pfizer vaccine is 98.5% since only 18 out of the 1500 vaccinated people are infected?🤣

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Among frontliners exposed to high viral loads and limited ppe, that's not a bad figure.

Bro, u missed the point. Do u think Indonesia have the means to test every one of them with no symptoms?

Remember last year when the world was struggling with Covid, when Indonesia claimed they have 0 infection rates?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Bro, u missed the point. Do u think Indonesia have the means to test every one of them with no symptoms?

Remember last year when the world was struggling with Covid, when Indonesia claimed they have 0 infection rates?

No. But we're referring only to their infected doctors. I think they'd be a bit more truthful with this set.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Alot of these are elder folks and they worry about mrna side effects and prefer to choose the traditional vaccine

Not only older folks, many motherland lovers are also choosing to take Sinovax.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

they may also have reason to choose sv thinking that without vaccination passport showing sv vaccination they cannot go to china next time ..

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Not gonna lie, I read that as "motherlovers". 😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

no vaccines can be 100% effective. Covid 19 is still in its infancy as a virus, many mutations to come.

what i believe though is: if you are vaccinated, the symptoms you get will be much milder vs non vaccinated.

this will reduce any overload on the countries medical system.

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Mooose said:

they may also have reason to choose sv thinking that without vaccination passport showing sv vaccination they cannot go to china next time ..

A few friends of mine are not traveling to China soon, they just think Sinovax is safer.

HKers don't seem to think the same and all my Msian friends want Pfizer but cannot get.  How ironic. Lol... 

When the borders are opened, the real test comes, it looks like this will get endemic and it is short term risk vs potential long term complications of mRNA technology. 

• Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

A few friends of mine are not traveling to China soon, they just think Sinovax is safer.

HKers don't seem to think the same and all my Msian friends want Pfizer but cannot get.  How ironic. Lol... 

When the borders are opened, the real test comes, it looks like this will get endemic and it is short term risk vs potential long term complications of mRNA technology. 

ya. not all that choose sinovac are prc or those waiting to go china holiday like my parents.

i got some very well educated cousins and friends that never step foot and never intend to visit china choose to wait for this.

maybe the more info we are expose to internet , the more worry we make ourself.

i dun want say phizer no hidden problem, but all the AM kakies inject themself with that, dun tell me their gov will risk all their ppl getting cancer in 20 years time?? 

• Praise 3

Supersonic

mRNA by itself don't survive long in the body. it's attacked by the body immune system.

that's why they have to wrap it with lipid, a protect layer of nanoparticles, and yet many people thinks about what will happen in 10, 20 years time.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Voodooman said:

yes same with thailand .. the gov is rolling out SV and AZ but people who can afford are actually paying private hospitals for pfizer or moderna for about B2000+ (SGD44+) per shot - have to x2 for both jabs .. 

B4000+ may not sound much to us here, but that is 25% of one month's salary for a graduate from a good local uni at a bigger corporation there ..

and also more ex than our $10 to $25 for the SV here ..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Mooose said:

yes same with thailand .. the gov is rolling out SV and AZ but people who can afford are actually paying private hospitals for pfizer or moderna for about B2000+ (SGD44+) per shot - have to x2 for both jabs .. 

B4000+ may not sound much to us here, but that is 25% of one month's salary for a graduate from a good local uni at a bigger corporation there ..

and also more ex than our $10 to $25 for the SV here ..

not sure if got the thai salaty right... they aint that cheap 😜

• Praise 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, Beregond said:

ya. not all that choose sinovac are prc or those waiting to go china holiday like my parents.

i got some very well educated cousins and friends that never step foot and never intend to visit china choose to wait for this.

maybe the more info we are expose to internet , the more worry we make ourself.

i dun want say phizer no hidden problem, but all the AM kakies inject themself with that, dun tell me their gov will risk all their ppl getting cancer in 20 years time?? 

No one knows whether in 20 years how many will get cancer or become impotent. 

One thing for sure, it won't be the same governments then!  Current governments only need to solve the problems (covid) today. Future problems let future governments answer. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1