China Discovery (4WD) Drive

Wt_know

(edited)

hi bro,

hopefully when 2022 travel is opened again i was planning to experience a 20days discovery 4wd drive in china probably covers xinjang / tibet?

is there a popular group drive i can join in china (like a tour) including suv, route, accomodation - all planned out

thanks!

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

hi bro,

hopefully when 2022 travel is opened again i was planning to experience a 20days discovery 4wd drive in china probably covers xinjang / tibet?

is there a popular group drive i can join in china (like a tour) including suv, route, accomodation - all planned out

thanks!

all our family trip to china is free and easy, we source for scout/driver online first. arrange for them to get vehicle ready, tell them our route and plan.

if got old ppl along this way more relax and stress free. 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

i want to be the driver in a group drive for shiok and experience

not a tour package 😀

what you mentioned … been there done that especially in taiwan and china cities

Edited by Wt_know

Internal Moderator
30 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

hi bro,

thanks!

If you chance upon @Jamesc xinjiang travel-thur-driving agency, you can skip that. unless you are travelling with your mil. hahahah.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Wt_know said:

i want to be the driver in a group drive for shiok and experience

not a tour package 😀

oh cannot, unless u got their license . there are alot of those scout and driver on the net for tourist like us, they are after the money,  dun need bargain too much, normally we give tips. most cases they give very good services. 

got 1 bad example. we didnt plan before hand, and many old ppl, the biggest suv mpv also cannot fit, need a mini bus. on the spot we ask a taxi driver to source for us. he stop his job be the scout for us and book us a mini bus.

the mini bus belong to his friend, but 1/2 way through the bus driver chut stun and demand more payment from the taxi driver because of route issue etc etc. in the end cause quite abit of unhappiness. and my dad super stubborn , insists that is their problem, he only settle with his first contact the taxi driver.

we learn our lesson from that trip. plan before going esp charges must be know clear cut by both side. ( alot of hidden charges pay by who?? like going expressway need pay more money, u refuse, they say go small route in village )

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Going to Tibet requires Permit with fixed itinerary.

i know. that’s why i am looking at local arranged discovery drive that i can join 

Just now, Wt_know said:

i know. that’s why i am looking at local arranged discovery drive that i can join 

I know of a 10 day bike tour that cost USD5k.

1 of the day ride to the foot of Mt Everest.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

oh cannot, unless u got their license . there are alot of those scout and driver on the net for tourist like us, they are after the money,  dun need bargain too much, normally we give tips. most cases they give very good services. 

got 1 bad example. we didnt plan before hand, and many old ppl, the biggest suv mpv also cannot fit, need a mini bus. on the spot we ask a taxi driver to source for us. he stop his job be the scout for us and book us a mini bus.

the mini bus belong to his friend, but 1/2 way through the bus driver chut stun and demand more payment from the taxi driver because of route issue etc etc. in the end cause quite abit of unhappiness. and my dad super stubborn , insists that is their problem, he only settle with his first contact the taxi driver.

we learn our lesson from that trip. plan before going esp charges must be know clear cut by both side. ( alot of hidden charges pay by who?? like going expressway need pay more money, u refuse, they say go small route in village )

spore license + international driving license also cannot drive in china?

i see many amdk youtube videos china road trip leh including those 1 month vanlife … eat, sleep and shit in the van

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

spore license + international driving license also cannot drive in china?

i see many amdk youtube videos china road trip leh including those 1 month vanlife … eat, sleep and shit in the van

I did try to enquire drive in china with international driving license but seems they don’t recognise %#*%}+#*#

• Haha! 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I did try to enquire drive in china with international driving license but seems they don’t recognise %#*%}+#*#

OK. Can get a temporary driving license.

Not super difficult but some administrative work to do ... 

probably will consider this if i plan for a long road trip in china after opening

gonna skip amdk usa and europe driving vacation for the next 1-2 years at least ...

2021-06-19_125050.gif

2021-06-19_125205.gif

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

probably will consider this if i plan for a long road trip in china after opening

gonna skip amdk usa and europe driving vacation for the next 1-2 years at least ...

2021-06-19_125050.gif

2021-06-19_125205.gif

China road infrastructure is amazing, their expressways and bridges

not sure driver etiquette 😅

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

China's remote regions have some stunning landscapes. A 4WD adventure would be a dream, especially for driving and photography enthusiasts. 

Check out this guy's YouTube channel (sorry its in Chinese only). Beautiful visuals and storytelling. Solo trips are done in normal SUVs...not those overlanding hardcore type. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

This is the easiest route

http://jtgl.beijing.gov.cn/jgj/jgxx/94246/95332/126161/index.html

Must make sure to translate your driving license into English and certified true copy at China Embassy or Visa Centre.

Getting things done in China is not ez pz as you think.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Juzzme said:

China's remote regions have some stunning landscapes. A 4WD adventure would be a dream, especially for driving and photography enthusiasts. 

Check out this guy's YouTube channel (sorry its in Chinese only). Beautiful visuals and storytelling. Solo trips are done in normal SUVs...not those overlanding hardcore type. 

My weekend riding outskirts of Beijing 

77667BEF-C28E-49A0-BBC5-2940B9980B73.jpeg

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

China road infrastructure is amazing, their expressways and bridges

not sure driver etiquette 😅

In China, usually can’t drive beyond 100km/h on Highway.

Too many cars. Unless you leave very earl

↡ Advertisement