1 in 2 high income earners have financial problems

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Got money but don't know how to spend also quite sad.

Thats why those people who have money will spend on travelling. I have one uncle has too much money, and so he and his wife default travel many times per year, to spend off some of his money. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

I've been paying for my purchases in full my whole life except car and house. But been told that my thinking already outdated and I'm not even 50yr old 😞

But I still don't understand how is resorting to buy household items on installments considered normal?!

The 32-year-old account director of a digital media agency has been using GrabPay since 2019 to pay for rides and food orders.

Recently, she decided to give PayLater Instalments a try while shopping at HipVan.

“We had to replace our trash bin as it was small and old and bought a new one for $32,” says Ms Vitya, who paid for the item in $8 instalments across four months. 

“It is a small amount. But for bigger ticket items in the $100 to $200 range, we can use PayLater Instalments without having to bust our monthly household budget.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/buy-now-pay-later-boon-or-bane

grab_-_table.jpg

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

No wonder a lot of my friends who made a lot more than me are all complaining they cannot retire at 50 or 55 coz they still have shitloads of debts. Maybe they are just being humble like many here (save for T2 of course).  😂

I very humble leh, never showhand.

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I've been paying for my purchases in full my whole life except car and house. But been told that my thinking already outdated and I'm not even 50yr old 😞

But I still don't understand how is resorting to buy household items on installments considered normal?!

The 32-year-old account director of a digital media agency has been using GrabPay since 2019 to pay for rides and food orders.

Recently, she decided to give PayLater Instalments a try while shopping at HipVan.

“We had to replace our trash bin as it was small and old and bought a new one for $32,” says Ms Vitya, who paid for the item in $8 instalments across four months. 

“It is a small amount. But for bigger ticket items in the $100 to $200 range, we can use PayLater Instalments without having to bust our monthly household budget.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/buy-now-pay-later-boon-or-bane

grab_-_table.jpg

Its normal LAME loh.  Breeds bad money habits and also makes you penny foolish, pound more foolish

muayhahaha. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, yishunite said:

Confirm not enough lah, come on! 
lets not lie to ourselves.this guy in sweden better not come here

kee chiu who says $7200 salary is enough to live comfortable.

ask W911 enough or not, ask Turboflat enough or not, 😄

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 2

On 6/21/2021 at 10:47 AM, Silverkris said:

I am in my Mid-40s now, and starting to realize that Retirement age is indeed coming up fast.

Luckily my family has always been prudent, and therefore my wife and me will be looking at Full ERS in our CPF by the age of 55, + some cash in insurance maturity and stocks. 

If need be then downgrade our housing after our kid (no s) has grown up.

But I have been hearing on the other side too that the youngsters nowadays do not think they need to save up so much. They are born in an era where they think that they will be well taken care of either by parents or the government (Western thinking). If the government abandons them and not letting them have a "decent" lifestyle, they will vote the government out. The youngsters can say that by that time they will be the ones left smiling.

This is partly parents fault too. They shielded the kids too much... young gen always felt Nothing to worry, there is always parents around. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Confirm not enough lah, come on! 
lets not lie to ourselves.this guy in sweden better not come here

kee chiu who says $7200 salary is enough to live comfortable.

ask W911 enough or not, ask Turboflat enough or not, 😄

Hahaha, I was wondering when my name was going to be taken in vain. 😂

But for the record, I agree with you. 7.2k is not enough, especially for an FT (they often have to rent, and if they have kids, they will insist on international schools etc). Definitely not comfortable. 

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

But for the record, I agree with you. 7.2k is not enough, especially for an FT (they often have to rent, and if they have kids, they will insist on international schools etc). Definitely not comfortable. 

Never in vain, mate, never in vain. 

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Even local school fees not that cheap for nonPR. And damn hard to get into P1 via registration just for usually some neighbourhood school that no one wants to go

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

there is another group. live small flat. drive coe toyota, wear slippers, take every discount voucher available. save every drop of water, 

but u look at their bank account, a few Ms sitting there nicely🤣

I thought u describing me until reach the last sentence 😭

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

there is another group. live small flat. drive coe toyota, wear slippers, take every discount voucher available. save every drop of water, 

but u look at their bank account, a few Ms sitting there nicely🤣

Show me evidence of this group.😜

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Always lah. Can you help a brother out? 😂

your financial problem is too much cash, dont know where and how to spend, so yes

just paynow me every week those extra cash that you cant spend, and i will surely help. 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Even local school fees not that cheap for nonPR. And damn hard to get into P1 via registration just for usually some neighbourhood school that no one wants to go

Don't think it's in the same league. How much are local school fees for non-PR foreigners? Still sub 2k monthly at secondary level? I know international schools that can cost more than three thousand a month. 

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

your financial problem is too much cash, dont know where and how to spend, so yes

just paynow me every week those extra cash that you cant spend, and i will surely help. 

Count me in too. :grin:

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Bro, because it is interest free, no annual fees and can collect points for other usage.

Some people like all these small advantages .

Just like some people can buy car but must keep jumping up and down when they pump petrol just to squeeze in that tiny more fuel.

16 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Don't think it's in the same league. How much are local school fees for non-PR foreigners? Still sub 2k monthly at secondary level? I know international schools that can cost more than three thousand a month. 

Of course... just saying that it even cost foreigner a lot just for some shitty neighbourhood school so may as well go for international school

miscellaneous-fees-for-government-and-government-aided-schools.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1