1 in 2 high income earners have financial problems

12 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

This is true, older generation will bring a bottle of water when they go out, cost them nearly nothing,  youngster  will go to Starbucks,  koi etc that would cost an avg of $5 per drink. Old folks will go to food center for a $3 meal, youngsters don't even go to an aicon food court , they will go to eating house  for a meal that will cost more than $10. 

Thank god for the younger generation, if not economy sure die. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Voodooman said:

$7.2k a month is not exactly talent, just another worker bee like me. Trading my time for money. 

7.2k if ownself come, support family in India, rent one condo room, is nice.  

Bring family here if no subsidies would be difficult- our primary school fees for foreigners is like $750 for primary and $1400 for secondary per month, and they at most can go ah beng schools hor 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

No lah, i toa Pow only.   Hand to mouth. Sibei cham. Hard life lah

Bro, Smoking cigar is not call living hand to mouth hor.   

35 minutes ago, Chongster said:

It is literally hand to mouth isnt it?  
otherwise call what? 
its also organic and suitable for vegans….

muayhahahaha.   

• Haha! 3

Wealth management company St James's Place (SJP) recently polled around 1,000 Singaporeans aged 25 to 54 with monthly incomes of at least $6,000 to over $20,000 and found that close to half of them are worried because they do not have high savings.

since when is this bracket considered high income??? 

55 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Bring family here if no subsidies would be difficult- our primary school fees for foreigners is like $750 for primary and $1400 for secondary per month, and they at most can go ah beng schools hor 

can apply pink IC for whole family ... chop chop curry pop :grin:

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, SuPerBoRed said:

Wealth management company St James's Place (SJP) recently polled around 1,000 Singaporeans aged 25 to 54 with monthly incomes of at least $6,000 to over $20,000 and found that close to half of them are worried because they do not have high savings.

• Haha! 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, Chongster said:

Hand to mouth by high networth definition . By my standard is heaven. It is all about perspective. But I am not complaining or comparing,  I am happy to have a job, can afford to eat McDonald's 😅😅 fortunate teller told me I am a buffalo  , so everyday I must work in the pladdy field. 😀😀😀

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, SuPerBoRed said:

So that all of MCF can be consider high income? 🤣

Aiyah if they set too low their client market very de small lah

5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

the new ambition for youngsters is to become “jobless”

everyday vlog and update instagram

this another part that i find hard to understand.

but i have got friends and young cousins that is really doing this for a living and some of them more than a decent living 5 digit income monthly.

the landscape has really change/widen to allow every sector to earn money. 

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

this another part that i find hard to understand.

but i have got friends and young cousins that is really doing this for a living and some of them more than a decent living 5 digit income monthly.

the landscape has really change/widen to allow every sector to earn money. 

i call it the junk economy.  Made up of mostly junk who use other peoples materials or work to teach or create an opinion upon, thereby tricking low level people to watch and even like the content.  

There are of course a handful who do come up with creative original educational meaningful content. 

Edited by Throttle2

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

It is literally hand to mouth isnt it?  
otherwise call what? 
its also organic and suitable for vegans….

muayhahahaha.   

I was about to comment on the hand to mouth thing. You took the words right out of my mouth, well my hands. 😁

I was actually looking into cigar smoking some time ago. I'm not entirely sure it's suitable for strict vegans. Is the adhesive definitely 100 percent plant based? But even if so, I think traditional cigars always have tobacco beetle eggs and possibly larvae trapped in them, and they get incinerated and smoked during consumption. 

So I doubt it's totally vegan, but it probably wouldn't stop me. 

I think it's still much better than most cigarettes (which contain all sorts of synthetics and definite animal based products). The most notable exception among the bigger brands is American Spirit, but I don't think that's available here.

14 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I was about to comment on the hand to mouth thing. You took the words right out of my mouth, well my hands. 😁

I was actually looking into cigar smoking some time ago. I'm not entirely sure it's suitable for strict vegans. Is the adhesive definitely 100 percent plant based? But even if so, I think traditional cigars always have tobacco beetle eggs and possibly larvae trapped in them, and they get incinerated and smoked during consumption. 

So I doubt it's totally vegan, but it probably wouldn't stop me. 

I think it's still much better than most cigarettes (which contain all sorts of synthetics and definite animal based products). The most notable exception among the bigger brands is American Spirit, but I don't think that's available here.

Yes the glue it is made from plants and vegetables. 
cigar bug eggs may or may not be present in a cigar. 
Whats more important is that if there are any, they be terminated.

simplest most effective is by freezing.  i do freeze my cigars for 24hrs to 48 hrs upon receipt.  Thereafter, a reconditioning in the humidor is required for best results.   

smoking one as i type this post

image.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Hmmmm.... I thought what's important should be the content and not the packaging....🙄🙄😁😁

That's what I told her but both genders different perspective :grin: 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

That's what I told her but both genders different perspective :grin: 

Oh I see! To her presentation is important.😁😁

6 hours ago, Chongster said:

Yes. $7.2k cannot survive for most expats with family.

Most mid level expats however send their kids to international schools with specified curriculum, so that when they return to home country a few years later, the kids can continue with the same syllabus in their home country.  

A mass market international school will set you back by around $15-20k a year, slightly more than our public schools, hence you don't see many Indians (foreigners) kids in our national schools. 

Of course the real expats send their kids to atas schools like CIS, Overseas Education, AIS, UWC, etc. They cost at least $30k a year. 

(edited)

expat? too loosely term la

T2 expat standard is no $30k/mth no talk la

exclude another $10k housing or family relocation allowances … :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1