Volvo V60 recall due to door latch

Crazy_turtle

(edited)

Just got letter from Wearnes telling me that my 2015 V60 has a problem with the door latches breaking. Very unhappy about their level of service. This to me this is safety and security issue. The problem with the latches was known back in 2019 for the S60 and V60. Wearnes kept saying back then, that they know nothing about the cars being affected here. Took them 2 years to finally admit it. This means that owners have been living with this known issue unnecessarily. Many probably paid to get this problem fixed not knowing that it's quality problem. Shame on you Wearnes!

Edited by Crazy_turtle
spelling error
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Better late than never lah.

At least it is not Takata airbags turning into a claymore mine sending shrapnel into your face without warning. 

• Praise 1

Door latch spoil got anyone MIL fall out of not?

Anyone selling this car not fixed yet?

I have a very motivated buyer.

Even will give you a very good price.

:D

• Haha! 7

31 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

When u turn in a bend goes 100kmh😜

• Haha! 3

This is car maker's fault. The dealer here only sells you the car and gibe you warranty. You lucky get recalled. Some car makers just hush hush sweep under the rug and save money. Why bother to spend the money on recall? Get scolded and cursed some more. Keep quiet everybody happy.

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Beware! MIL may have implanted moles in MCF.:grin:

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Crazy_turtle said:

Just got letter from Wearnes telling me that my 2015 V60 has a problem with the door latches breaking. Very unhappy about their level of service. This to me this is safety and security issue. The problem with the latches was known back in 2019 for the S60 and V60. Wearnes kept saying back then, that they know nothing about the cars being affected here. Took them 2 years to finally admit it. This means that owners have been living with this known issue unnecessarily. Many probably paid to get this problem fixed not knowing that it's quality problem. Shame on you Wearnes!

Count your blessings bro.

My vios received a recall letter from borneo on its 9.5years age(few months due to scrap) Airbag issue! The imbecile part was recall letter stated parts not available and will notify owner once part is available.

My mate's subaru impreza as well also received a recall letter from MI on it 9th year age!

44 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Count your blessings bro.

My vios received a recall letter from borneo on its 9.5years age(few months due to scrap) Airbag issue! The imbecile part was recall letter stated parts not available and will notify owner once part is available.

My mate's subaru impreza as well also received a recall letter from MI on it 9th year age!

Takata airbag recall ah? 

You're lucky the airbag didn't deploy for any reasons, else you would be at risk of metal fragments piecing you 😅

(edited)
7 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Takata airbag recall ah? 

You're lucky the airbag didn't deploy for any reasons, else you would be at risk of metal fragments piecing you 😅

Precisely i was super angry with borneo. Apparently I guess AD must comply with LTA rule in the rectification of recalls. So AD will do it on it 9th year. Same go to MI as my friend case.

Fortunately for my current vezel PI honest the recall. Got it done at 1.5 year mark.

Edited by Kopites

@Kopites Hate to say this but a vios and an impreza are budget cars from value for money brands. Wait till you graduate to a Merc and above, then let's see whether your expectation increases. For sure a volvo is not as luxurious but it is a brand known for its safety focus. Personally i think that even a vios deserves better, even though as an owner you dont seem think so

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Crazy_turtle said:

@Kopites Hate to say this but a vios and an impreza are budget cars from value for money brands. Wait till you graduate to a Merc and above, then let's see whether your expectation increases. For sure a volvo is not as luxurious but it is a brand known for its safety focus. Personally i think that even a vios deserves better, even though as an owner you dont seem think so

Yes, you are absolutely right. 

Vios within my budget. Yes conti deserve a better status recognition and services than mass market jap make. Recalls aspect Volvo should do much better than jap / korea make. 😄 

Thank for enlighten me.

Edited by Kopites

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys..due to diagnostic error by MTE..Ive a S60 D4 Fuel injection pump in hand for sale now.If anyone requires this expensive/indent basis part pls contact me.

Tks!

↡ Advertisement