Temasek Holdings will be distributing an Oximeter to each household

Fitvip

SINGAPORE — Temasek Foundation will be providing a free oximeter for every Singapore household, to enable Singaporeans to monitor their blood oxygen levels regularly.

This will help them detect "silent pneumonia", a serious side effect of COVID-19 where ill people can feel generally well despite damaged lungs and dangerously low levels of oxygen.

Scroll to continue with content

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/temasek-foundation-distribute-oximeter-each-singapore-household-031353106.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cDovL20uZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFbphg8TM8YXMmVUlhdEv8MG0BqIsw1vfPyz4MihB__r8BXtKv-zVUB0dZ_RfnM94L3d43igDvNpfuG8nLsbLC15ZFxfT0dQ4u3ApGLYgWW5-hVy4nukkIIxerzVKbB8TvYRiPN8N0IMw4Ys2WO_B2ev0ctQnHumPyy4i2fe3kKp

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

SINGAPORE — Temasek Foundation will be providing a free oximeter for every Singapore household, to enable Singaporeans to monitor their blood oxygen levels regularly.

This will help them detect "silent pneumonia", a serious side effect of COVID-19 where ill people can feel generally well despite damaged lungs and dangerously low levels of oxygen.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/temasek-foundation-distribute-oximeter-each-singapore-household-031353106.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cDovL20uZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFbphg8TM8YXMmVUlhdEv8MG0BqIsw1vfPyz4MihB__r8BXtKv-zVUB0dZ_RfnM94L3d43igDvNpfuG8nLsbLC15ZFxfT0dQ4u3ApGLYgWW5-hVy4nukkIIxerzVKbB8TvYRiPN8N0IMw4Ys2WO_B2ev0ctQnHumPyy4i2fe3kKp

My xiaomi watch band can also measure SpO2! hahaha.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

This is really cool and timely.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

Is this really necessary?

I don't think so leh.

i tried getting the sp02 for telemedicine. all the private clinics say they wont support this as part of examination for seaman to pre-clear them to come shore for pcr testing. they insist on going up the ship.

reason they give is reading cannot be trusted and not so easy to use.. 

so now this oximeter is suppose to be easy and trusted. all the clinics all lying?

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't think so leh.

Yes, you can check your oxy level after "hay hoo hay hoo" on the bed to see if you can go for second rounds....... [sly]

Oxy level high, go for it. :a-happy:

Oxy level low, better stop & sleep to catch your breath .... :wacko:

:XD:

• Haha! 16

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yes, you can check your oxy level after "hay hoo hay hoo" on the bed to see if you can go for second rounds....... [sly]

Oxy level high, go for it. :a-happy:

Oxy level low, better stop & sleep to catch your breath .... :wacko:

Can take show rsm why cannot take iPpt :grin:

• Haha! 10

11 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i tried getting the sp02 for telemedicine. all the private clinics say they wont support this as part of examination for seaman to pre-clear them to come shore for pcr testing. they insist on going up the ship.

reason they give is reading cannot be trusted and not so easy to use.. 

so now this oximeter is suppose to be easy and trusted. all the clinics all lying?

i have some cheap oximeters in my clinic, i usually take their readings with a pinch of salt. I usually use it to reassure those people who think they are breathless/hyperventilating.
It's not hospital grade equipment. 

By the time the oximeter shows anything, is yanzhong already lah. [laugh] The person should have consulted a doctor before then...

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 9

Supercharged
21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't think so leh.

I think it's to prepare for next time when infected pple will be asked to recover from home.. 

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i have some cheap oximeters in my clinic, i usually take their readings with a pinch of salt. I usually use it to reassure those people who think they are breathless/hyperventilating.
It's not hospital grade equipment. 

By the time the oximeter shows anything, is yanzhong already lah[laugh] The person should have consulted a doctor before then...

so this oximeter thing is just unreliable and by the time it is useful to show you a low reading, all other symptoms like a blue face and breathlessness already confirm what you suspect already.

would it be presumptuous of me to say this free oximeter thing is a waste of tax dollars?

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I think it's to prepare for next time when infected pple will be asked to recover from home.. 

highly transmissible to family members leh, this current variant. If someone kana in the family and is home quarantined. Almost guaranteed it's most of the whole family kana.

• Praise 3

(edited)

I think it is more of a symbolic thing. It shows that they care.

🤣🤣🤣

They probably know many guys are obsessed with numbers. This will keep them fixated to the device. Comprain less about the govt. But when you are out of breath quickly call 995. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

so this oximeter thing is just unreliable and by the time it is useful to show you a low reading, all other symptoms like a blue face and breathlessness already confirm what you suspect already.

would it be presumptuous of me to say this free oximeter thing is a waste of tax dollars?

you would be breathless before spo2 readings turn abnormal for sure.

Lol most people don't turn blue lah. you must be really cyanotic and is not commonly seen in real life. Even those that need to go ICU.

It maybe good for certain people. Old folks, maybe those that cant tell u what they feeling or refusing to go hospital type. But even then sometimes to get a good reading a with a cheap pulse oximeter is not easy. I certainly don't always trust the oximeter readings.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

you would be breathless before spo2 readings turn abnormal for sure.

Lol most people don't turn blue lah. you must be really cyanotic and is not commonly seen in real life. Even those that need to go ICU.

It maybe good for certain people. Old folks, maybe those that cant tell u what they feeling or refusing to go hospital type. But even then sometimes to get a good reading a with a cheap pulse oximeter is not easy. I certainly don't always trust the oximeter readings.

Looks like this type of oximeter is not very useful? Unless you are using those oximeter in the hospital?

44 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Can take show rsm why cannot take iPpt :grin:

You never heard the sexpert says meh... :slow:

One round (shot) equal to 30 minutes of exercises .... :ph34r:

So must check oxy level before thinking of exercises again.  [crazy] 

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Looks like this type of oximeter is not very useful? Unless you are using those oximeter in the hospital?

This meter is for you to 'ownself check ownself'  :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't jam up the polyclinics or hospitals :wut:

• Haha! 5

32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

highly transmissible to family members leh, this current variant. If someone kana in the family and is home quarantined. Almost guaranteed it's most of the whole family kana.

sigh. we are so thoroughly f**ked in the a55 we koffing out the jizz.. why home quarantine if like that? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1