Temasek Holdings will be distributing an Oximeter to each household

Fitvip

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Looks like this type of oximeter is not very useful? Unless you are using those oximeter in the hospital?

hospital one is measuring the same thing. But more accurate at detecting lower levels of oxygenation. This cheap type, it takes a long time to detect poorer blood flow/oxygenation.

normal healthy person, yeah u put on this vs the hospital one, about the same. The sick ones, these type of cheap one, will give like some funny readings which sometimes u not sure to trust or not.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

This meter is for you to 'ownself check ownself'  :we-all-gonna-die:

Don't jam up the polyclinics or hospitals :wut:

:XD:

Now they are moving towards ownself check ownself direction liao? Now have ownself test ownself ART kit, then later they are giving ownself test ownself oximeter? 😅 What is next ownself test ownself thing ah? 🙄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

i have some cheap oximeters in my clinic, i usually take their readings with a pinch of salt. I usually use it to reassure those people who think they are breathless/hyperventilating.
It's not hospital grade equipment. 

By the time the oximeter shows anything, is yanzhong already lah. [laugh] The person should have consulted a doctor before then...

It's for ppl who need to get MC to watch Euro 2020 lah....

• Haha! 8

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hospital one is measuring the same thing. But more accurate at detecting lower levels of oxygenation. This cheap type, it takes a long time to detect poorer blood flow/oxygenation.

normal healthy person, yeah u put on this vs the hospital one, about the same. The sick ones, these type of cheap one, will give like some funny readings which sometimes u not sure to trust or not.

I think he likes to hear the 'toot, toot, toot' sounds coming out from the machine to ensure that he is still alive & kicking.... :ninja:

:grin:

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Now they are moving towards ownself check ownself direction liao? Now have ownself test ownself ART kit, then later they are giving ownself test ownself oximeter? 😅 What is next ownself test ownself thing ah? 🙄

Physical checks your own maid and submit medical returns to MOM every 6 months........ [sly]

• Haha! 5

(edited)

How many of you with BP concern monitor your daily BP reading? 😄

Asking old folks to test out their blood oxygen level! 

I know my mum answer. I will study medicine in my next life. 😓

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

My xiaomi watch band can also measure SpO2! hahaha.

My Huawei also.... hahahaha

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

i have some cheap oximeters in my clinic, i usually take their readings with a pinch of salt. I usually use it to reassure those people who think they are breathless/hyperventilating.
It's not hospital grade equipment. 

By the time the oximeter shows anything, is yanzhong already lah. [laugh] The person should have consulted a doctor before then...

So how is those smart watch reading?

Are they really that smart?

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yes, you can check your oxy level after "hay hoo hay hoo" on the bed to see if you can go for second rounds....... [sly]

Oxy level high, go for it. :a-happy:

Oxy level low, better stop & sleep to catch your breath .... :wacko:

FYI, the best (most accurate) measurement is your middle finger.

Don't believe me go goggle.🤗

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I remember i was wearing those 'smart watch' that can measure my pulse rate, when i see the reading on the watch like always high and it give me anxiety lo. In the end i stop wearing such watch liao. Lol.

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yes, you can check your oxy level after "hay hoo hay hoo" on the bed to see if you can go for second rounds....... [sly]

Oxy level high, go for it. :a-happy:

Oxy level low, better stop & sleep to catch your breath .... :wacko:

Walao...another item to standby bedside besides water bottle and ballon when Hei Sio Hei Sio 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
30 minutes ago, Kopites said:

How many of you with BP concern monitor your daily BP reading? 😄

Asking old folks to test out their blood oxygen level! 

I know my mum answer. I will study medicine in my next life. 😓

Even though my BP reading still quite normal, but i still measure my BP almost daily. [:p]

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

No idea. But I know a patient who got diagnosed with atrial fibrillation due to his apple watch. Lol. May have saved him from a stroke. 

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Is this really necessary?

I don't think so leh.

Maybe they will reduce cpf interest and scare people will lack of oxygen 😅😜🍻

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Looks like this type of oximeter is not very useful? Unless you are using those oximeter in the hospital?

Oximeter no use ... oxygen tank is better 😂🍻

• Haha! 5

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-task-force-co-chairs-broad-plan-new-normal-op-ed-15079872

lai lai lai, talk new normal liao.... give you this oximeter, if you infected and recover at home, can ownself test ownself, no good then call ambulance....

In the new normal, an infected person could recover at home, because with vaccination the symptoms will be mostly mild, and with others around the infected person also vaccinated, the risk of transmission will be low.

Instead of monitoring COVID-19 infection numbers every day, the focus will be on the outcomes: How many fall very sick, how many are in ICU and how many need to be intubated for oxygen. 

like that, we won't know daily BTO figures liao......😂

↡ Advertisement